Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying 2nd hand accent
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustaine
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Buying 2nd hand accent Reply with quote

Hi, i really need help in deciding the car that i want to buy because I have two opposite oppinion in buying accent. I'm planning to buy accent 2004 with the price tag of 39k, is this reasonnable?

My friends said better for me to buy waja because of the parts availability, not too expensive maintainance and FC is not as bad as accent and moreover it's spacious. Me ; on the other hand; looking for both good FC and not many problems 2nd because of the financial reason. So help me guys in deciding which one is better. Thanks in advance.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd hand Waja? do you think Waja parts and service cheap? I dont think so. The cost of maintenance is equally worse or good with Accent.

Waja 1 points, Accent 1 points.

Problems? Definitely Hyundai know better on how to assembly than Proton, they make cars just after WWII, Malaya pun belum ada lagi.

Waja 1 points, Accent 2 points.

Fuel consumption? Well, my housemate drive Waja, the oil tank is bigger but the fuel consumption never be better if compare AT vs AT. Accent have those logic logic... Waja apa pun takda... vanilla AT. Waja is more heavy than Accent ler.

Waja 1 points, Accent 3 points.

Financing? 2004 Accent opt for RM39k versus 2004 Waja opt for RM4xk, which one you think your financial terms get better? Look at newspaper and market, version 2004 onwards selling as 2nd hand car of Accent is very less, the 2nd car value is still high for Korean cars after Sonata and Elantra screwed up years before 2004.

Waja 2 points, Accent 4 points.

Safety? One good example is NCTUSA (forgot the complete abbrev) gives overall 4 stars to Accent, Waja takda... thats why there is no Waja in US. Another example, for the sick of Commonwealth, Waja (a.k.a. Pesona) in UK has been proven not safe at all after watch the TopGear crash test.

Waja 2 points, Accent 5 points.

= end=
eugene jk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.. I just wanna share my opinion la.. not to say bias but at the end of the day is up to your decision.

I got my Accent for more than 2 years liao (2004), milage 51,000km. Visited service center just for normal service, only 1 time major one bcos windscreen kena batu and pecah, tat one accident la... until now car still tip top condition, fuel efficiency better than last time... conclusion: peace of mind.

My friend got a Waja less than 1 year, been to service center many times.. not for normal service but for repairing.. summore spare part have to wait.. worst still, car broke down on the way back home, somemore at night (less than 1 yr wor)... he cannot tahan and exchange car with his mum's Wira. (I understand tat only 1 problematic car cannot judge the whole situation, its just my sharing Smile )

Waja's problem stories.. we had been hearing them numerous time, from frens keh, realatives or forumers..

Accent's problem stories.. hermm.. how often we hear tat..

FC wise.. I suppose layman says Hyundai cars use fuel like minum air.. I guess those are the previous ones.. our batch one better fuel economy..

summore, get to know nice club members.. haha <= abit out of topic..

nice meeting u~
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, accent saved my life. its sturdy car, even i survived 2 overturns (720 degress). read more on my testimonial.
http://myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=586

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Buying 2nd hand accent Reply with quote

mustaine wrote:
My friends said better for me to buy waja because of the parts availability, not too expensive maintainance and FC is not as bad as accent and moreover it's spacious. Me ; on the other hand; looking for both good FC and not many problems 2nd because of the financial reason. So help me guys in deciding which one is better. Thanks in advance.

parts availability? waja manufactured in m'sia, surely the part is available but sometimes - how long it need to wait? accent - is CKD and most of the spare part now can get in M'sia... so no worry about both car.

about spacious, waja is spacious.
about FC, both almost the same. all depend to your right foot.
about quality, accent is better coz CKD from korea and most of the spare part have "Made in Korea" trademark... Very Happy
about comfort, i give accent a thumb up... very comfortable in long distance journey... *phew*...

worst thing... waja is 1.6 and accent is 1.5 . for the current fuel price, many ppl opt for lower CC now... compare to higher cc. Very Happy ahahhaa
mustaine
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: some more Reply with quote

another friend comes in and says if I'm afraid of having car problem then why don't I go for new Wira since the monthly installment is quite the same... I don't know guys..still skeptikal with proton's quality or the bad quality nowadays all have pass by?
kevin203

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good opinion from you guys...

mustaine, actually whats in your heart that you want to buy. At first many friends told me that Hyundai is not good in term of service and parts. Some of them sayin that korean car is high fuel consumption too.

Hmmm... This is only what they said. Just ask your friend one question. Do they really drive an ACCENT before? SO DUN GIVE ANY COMMENT IF THEY NEVER TRY BEFORE.

So at last i decide to buy Accent. Why i buy Accent and not Waja? Both at the same price range and why i dun go for foreign car instead of local. Furthermore, nowadays you try to look at Waja on the road with their car mod. You mean what i wan to say la.....
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: some more Reply with quote

brother, read my post above... i owned a another Proton Gen2 currently and I still recommend you to get Accent... isn't that specific to you?

mustaine wrote:
another friend comes in and says if I'm afraid of having car problem then why don't I go for new Wira since the monthly installment is quite the same... I don't know guys..still skeptikal with proton's quality or the bad quality nowadays all have pass by?

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't call that testimonial.. it was a tragedy

jamesc wrote:
well, accent saved my life. its sturdy car, even i survived 2 overturns (720 degress). read more on my testimonial.
http://myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=586

RXS5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: some more Reply with quote

mustaine wrote:

buy accent... new one even better. now got promo.
free LCD TV! iPOd, etc, etc...
then join our club (oops u already did!)

or maybe u can come to our TT
(can or not modereators?)
the u can ask more details.. touch and feel...

my first car, 2nd hand Ford LaserS
2nd car, Rocsta (korean jeep, softtop)
3rd car, Wira Aeroback
4th car, Kelisa LE
5th car, Hyundai Accent RxS5

I like my Accent best!
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: some more Reply with quote

anyone also welcomed mar...

RXS5 wrote:
mustaine wrote:

buy accent... new one even better. now got promo.
free LCD TV! iPOd, etc, etc...
then join our club (oops u already did!)

or maybe u can come to our TT
(can or not modereators?)
the u can ask more details.. touch and feel...

my first car, 2nd hand Ford LaserS
2nd car, Rocsta (korean jeep, softtop)
3rd car, Wira Aeroback
4th car, Kelisa LE
5th car, Hyundai Accent RxS5

I like my Accent best!

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: some more Reply with quote

friend, let's me ask u one question... try to ignore all the FC, quality and etc...

just answer it straight...

on wira/waja and accent, which one strike you the most? ask your instinct. for me, once i look at accent (same with my wife), both of us oledi hook to it and forget vios or city that time. until now... no regret for us.

so let us know which one strike you first...!!!
mustaine
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: accent Reply with quote

Honestly, I do prefer accent much more than wira or waja..it has been my preference from the day i know accent exist (compare to proton ah...)
AhBeng1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: accent Reply with quote

mustaine wrote:
Honestly, I do prefer accent much more than wira or waja..it has been my preference from the day i know accent exist (compare to proton ah...)

Download this movie and you will avoid all proton car already.
Waja's Crash Test review by Top Gear

It's show that Proton car has no crash test!!! you just check with the PERFORMANCE / SAFETY at www.proton.com.my
PS: David, it's Include Gen-2 but not Savvy & Satria Neo.
RXS5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: accent Reply with quote

mustaine wrote:

so go for it!
this is what i call... LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: