Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

15"RIMS PROBLEMS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: 15"RIMS PROBLEMS Reply with quote

hei guys,
sorry for creating another topic.Im have some questions and difficulty now since im using 15inch rims & 55 tyre.
For others using at same spec please do share your info with me.Yesterday for the first time when i take my family with full passenger 3 at back &1 nest to me) every time i take the roundabout, the tyre kena that my fender.What the solutions i can take??
i heard the Eibach or others for coil spring,BUT if im not mistake it only give your car more lower.
So what im need to change,my friend told me i need to use the adjustable absorber.Thinking that wheen seen on other oversea website,they can change till 16" rims..how they do that..??mine 15" pun sudah kena..some more plan to use 60 thick tyre like original....

coil spring or absorber??
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 15"RIMS PROBLEMS Reply with quote

so far i didnt face this problem. i fetching parent and some kids... total 4 adults and 2 children with few luggage... still can go over a bump/hump. didnt see it touch the fender... unless you go fast.
osaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thick of tyre?? 55? ya lorr why aa?? tak kan my absorber sudah kondem kot..but is it true whn you look your car w/o passenger u will realise got some lowered on the fender for rear side?? i noticed after i changed to 15".
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

osaga wrote:
same thick of tyre?? 55? ya lorr why aa?? tak kan my absorber sudah kondem kot..but is it true whn you look your car w/o passenger u will realise got some lowered on the fender for rear side?? i noticed after i changed to 15".

yes, im using 195/55R15 since beginning when i take my car. upgrade to 15" make my car higher... so shouldnt be lowered. if yes, then do a test whether your rear absober is "kong" or not.

just press down the rear and then let go. it should bounce up, down and then go back to normal condition... then is ok. if bounce more than that, then your absober kinda soft already.
spinor
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you get ur upgrade to 15" from KB or outside?
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinor wrote:
Are you get ur upgrade to 15" from KB or outside?

i get my upgrade from KBSC... just adding RM188 to 15" rim and tyre.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 15"RIMS PROBLEMS Reply with quote

hi osaga, i don't understand why you friend give you such information.

osaga wrote:
hei guys,
sorry for creating another topic.Im have some questions and difficulty now since im using 15inch rims & 55 tyre.
For others using at same spec please do share your info with me.Yesterday for the first time when i take my family with full passenger 3 at back &1 nest to me) every time i take the roundabout, the tyre kena that my fender.What the solutions i can take??
i heard the Eibach or others for coil spring,BUT if im not mistake it only give your car more lower.
So what im need to change,my friend told me i need to use the adjustable absorber.Thinking that wheen seen on other oversea website,they can change till 16" rims..how they do that..??mine 15" pun sudah kena..some more plan to use 60 thick tyre like original....

coil spring or absorber??

chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offset of the new rims if less than the original may hit the fender. And if more than the original may hit the coil/absorber.

If you want to up-size the rim from the stock 14", please use offset as close to the original offset.

The original 14" rim offset is 38mm. Marked at the inner spoke of the rim.
RoCkie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi osaga, i have the same problem when i change to 195/55/15 after 1 week i received my car. The next day i went back and change to 195/50/15, even so, it only REDUCES the chances of ur tyre hitting the rear fender.

so after several months, i brought my car to a workshop to check and pinpoint where exactly the contact is made. For my case, it is a spot where the screw is tightening the rear bumper with the rear fender body.
The workshop grind the spot juz enuf to remain the screw intact. AGAIN, even so, it only will reduce more of the chances the contact.

So right now, only when my car is on full load and if i take a fast and hard corner or go over a road bump fast, the tyre will hit the fender.

But did u guys realise that our accent, the gap between the tyre and fender of the front is different from the rear? it seems the front gap is more and the gap at the rear is less..?

Last edited by RoCkie on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
chkwong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gap on mine is even one. You should only check this on a flat surface.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... i didnt face this problem before. sometimes i did hit the fender if my car is loaded and go over hump in high speed. ahaha...
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
hmmm... i didnt face this problem before. sometimes i did hit the fender if my car is loaded and go over hump in high speed. ahaha...

Sure hurt the tyre loh Laughing
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
sharpfish
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI guys, i had the same problem as osaga since i change my stock wheels to 15" rims. At first, the tyre size is 195/55/R15, at each corner with "almost" full load, the rear wheel will hit the fender. after consulting a few tyre shops, finally i change the tyres to 185/55/R15. NO more problem after that, of coz, you have to sacrify the stablity of the car, but to me, except for the conering u need to cruise slower than before, others are no problem, i got a smoother pick up instead, can go up to 180km/hour without much problem.

hm... maybe the shops didn't tell much on the 185/55/R15 down side, if you heard any comments, feel free to share. Smile

cheers
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpfish wrote:
HI guys, i had the same problem as osaga since i change my stock wheels to 15" rims. At first, the tyre size is 195/55/R15, at each corner with "almost" full load, the rear wheel will hit the fender. after consulting a few tyre shops, finally i change the tyres to 185/55/R15. NO more problem after that, of coz, you have to sacrify the stablity of the car, but to me, except for the conering u need to cruise slower than before, others are no problem, i got a smoother pick up instead, can go up to 180km/hour without much problem.

hm... maybe the shops didn't tell much on the 185/55/R15 down side, if you heard any comments, feel free to share. Smile

cheers

I think the car manual also recommended that size at the few last page. Its always good to follow what recommended by the manual as they have done all the needed QC.
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Keong1981

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Using that tyre spec too... 195/55/15... I have one atleast 2kg++ tool box in my trunk, the spare tyre, 4 passenger at the back, 1 nxt to me, a pail with car wash stuff and 2L of spare water... cornering at 80km/h no problem~ nv heard of any knocking sia~
195/55/R15
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: