Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exhaust for our car A/T & M/T
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... thanks for lengthly explanation... somehow i attract to engine transplant to EVO6.

EVO6 engine fit nicely into accent? does the 10L-20K included upgrade of braking system and suspension system? Shocked
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope.

noname wrote:
wow... thanks for lengthly explanation... somehow i attract to engine transplant to EVO6.

EVO6 engine fit nicely into accent? does the 10L-20K included upgrade of braking system and suspension system? Shocked

seventh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David,

Thanks for sharing this info with me....
Now i have a different perception of the mods..

I believe we can source the complete exzos system from those half cut shops for a secondhand unit from a different car model and install it to our accent, of course the extractor remain lar...

What do you think?
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sourcing for different car model is almost as hard as finding a needle in the sea that suites our car, unless is hyundai accent different model. each car exhaust system design in different manner, different size, different length and different capacity (diameter, thickness etc...)

most of these days ppl from Spore are enjoying after market mod for their hyundai ride but msian market still pretty much hooked to Japanese made.

wait and see how lor... Sad

seventh wrote:

I believe we can source the complete exzos system from those half cut shops for a secondhand unit from a different car model and install it to our accent, of course the extractor remain lar...

What do you think?

seventh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im not sure about the Singaoprean,

But over our side here, we have been doin this for quite some time like using parts from other car models...

The exzos is also possible with certain section of the piping and the muffler..

We can also change the trottle body with larger diameter..
sharirm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone share with me where (shop) i can remove the catalitique converter ?
somewhere i read it can save fuel and gives more power, true ?
SinEater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the catalyctic converter removed already, the flow of exhaust going out from the manifold is not hinder, i.e.e got straight out o the exhaust so technically should give more power and save fuel.

As for exhaust, it depends on individual. S-flows are more quiet compared to straight flows. S-flows had been said to be more fuel efficient than straight flows. So if u are a family man expecting a new family member, then s-flow lo... if u are the mat racers then you should prefer the straight flow.

Can try Everco at Sunway for S-flow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dfxeax
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heys guys, recenty I do a mojor change on my car exaust pipe, as u say sharirm i throw away the catalyctic converter & replace by a 4-2-1 extractor. Furthermore i modify the middle with a sport convertor twist pipe & bullet. Now the whole car feel like can breath smoothly, i can feel the pedal is lighter when i step & of coz more power. Fuel saving leh...so far not much different yet.

The only headache now is the check engine light on... Crying or Very sad
sharirm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you dfeax, thats sure is a great mod. kinda major too. Anyway, care to share where you get the 4-2-1 extrac., because its sure is something hard to find, and how much do you pay for that ?
thanks for sharing. Very Happy
devilchins
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed my spark-plug to Iradium on my last service, and recently installed Pivot Spark Earth. But ever since I change the spark-plug, the car start to "fart", and after the Spark Earth is added, it "fart" even louder.

** fart ~ sound like a little explosion at the back of the car, usually when I drive locally, so pretty much on low gear. And if I drive long enough, it still fart for half a minute or so after I stop the engine .

I've asked the guy in service center, he said my exhaust pipe (the box thing at the end of the car before the gas came out) is broke (because it has a little hole (not exactly cause it is rusted badly but not yet fall out). What I notice it that the hole is there even before I do these modification.

Any ideal?

If it do indeed broke, what are my option? Any particular type I can change into? A quite one that don't hold back too much air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: