Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying 2nd hand Accent & Trade in your Cars
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Buying 2nd hand Accent & Trade in your Cars Reply with quote

Hi people! I am a new member here.

Ya, currently I m using the Iswara Aero 1.3 and thinking of changing to Accent Auto.

Just wondering if any of u guys know what are the procedures to trade in my car for a new car.

Another thing is whether is it better to get my car in KL or Seremban since I m staying in Seremban. I have asked SA in S'ban abt freebies but they said they dont give any.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Undecided Reply with quote

Hi Fabho, Welcome to the club. Enjoy your stay here...
Anyway, answers to your question, I'm no sure the procedure to trade in your old car, but normally if you decide to get any car, the SA will help you to get the higher price and sell it off for you. Please make sure you keep a copy of all your documents as a proof that you have sold your car off to avoid any misunderstanding.

My suggestion, for you to get your car from Seremban. This is for convenient as when there is (if lar) any problems, you can follow up with them easily. As for freebies, you can say that KB is giving some without charges. Try to talk to them nicely to get it. They will give when you really want to buy it. Just 'pull some price - Tarik Harga' a bit with them. If you decide to get, we here can recommend to you some of our SA's here in KL but will be a bit troublesome for any followups.

fabho wrote:

Ya, currently I m using the Iswara Aero 1.3 and thinking of changing to Accent Auto.

Just wondering if any of u guys know what are the procedures to trade in my car for a new car.

Another thing is whether is it better to get my car in KL or Seremban since I m staying in Seremban. I have asked SA in S'ban abt freebies but they said they dont give any.

Babyh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Undecided Reply with quote

fabho wrote:

Hi fabho. Welcome to the club.

I also trade-in my old car for Accent. The procedure is just like what marky mention. Your SA got secondhand car dealer contacts and he will kawtim for you one. But I suggest you go to other new car dealer, like Honda, proton etc. to ask about your car trade-in price for comparison. As I know Seremban only got one Hyundai dealer and not like KL, you can go to every Hyundai dealer to check on trade-in price and freebies.

I also suggest you buy the car in Seremban for your own convenience unless you regularly travel to KL.
fabho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply marky but what followup do I need after I have bought the car as the only thing I need to access then is the service centre.

Or do u mean followup during the process of buying the car?

------------------------------
I posted my message wrongly in Others forum under the title 'undecided' previously.

Ya, what I would like to know from u guys is it better or would it make any difference to get the car from the KB branches or outlets compared to from the used car dealer that also deals with new cars as a used car dealer quote me a better price for my old car then the one offer by KB branch in Seremban but I have to get the car from him.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:
Thanks for the reply marky but what followup do I need after I have bought the car as the only thing I need to access then is the service centre.

do not worry about the SC first, look around for the higher price of ur old car is the priority....last time the SA offer me RM40K to tradein my 3 yeas waja but I got good offer RM41.5K outside........

btw, fabho, pls post ur question to the Hyundai Accent in Malaysia/
Consider Buying Hyundai Accent ........since the topic has ovelapped..and most accentians would be there to answer ur questions...TQ Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho, pls continue ur question to Topic of the Buying 2nd hand/Trade in your Cars and sorry to change the topic name to Topic of the Buying 2nd hand/Trade in your Cars, because we want the topic most widely and popularly
TQ

Last edited by slbeh on Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:
I posted my message wrongly in Others forum under the title 'undecided' previously.

Ya, what I would like to know from u guys is it better or would it make any difference to get the car from the KB branches or outlets compared to from the used car dealer that also deals with new cars as a used car dealer quote me a better price for my old car then the one offer by KB branch in Seremban but I have to get the car from him.

do u mean used car dealer also sell Hyundai Accent ? Question
fabho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
fabho wrote:

Yes there is this used car dealer who said he can also get Hyundai Accent for me if I trade in my car to him and he qouted a higher price than the KB outlet. Is it a good idea to get from him?
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:
slbeh wrote:
fabho wrote:

Yes there is this used car dealer who said he can also get Hyundai Accent for me if I trade in my car to him and he qouted a higher price than the KB outlet. Is it a good idea to get from him?

If the tradein price is higher than 1 to 2 K then u shall consider... Razz
but 2 things u shall notice :
1.since he is not the autorised dealers to sell Hyundai Accent, ask him where he got the car for u, or maybe he got other branch as an autorised dealer in other area....make sure the car is not manufacturing on 2005, insist the year of manufacuturing is 2004.....2004 stock have depreciated at least 10 to 20% already....have to confirm this before u sign any ducument with them Shocked
2. the procedure of tradein ur old car is also very important, first confirm the price both party also agree then give the doucuments (i.e. register car, etc) to him when he paid u some sum as option to buy ur old car
and sign the agreement to sell, etc

The tradein deal is not valid If this is just the oral agreement...make sure he has done the 2. action when u have agreed to buy/tradein the car with him Rolling Eyes

Last edited by slbeh on Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babyh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:

Shouldn't be any problem if you get from used car dealer but you have to be careful when taking your car. You must check the car mileage to see whether they are selling you test drive car or not.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since fabho has created this topic about buying/selling or tradein the cars, anyone who want to buy the second hand Accent or sell her/his Accent or tradein ur old other cars are welcome to post here ....

btw, how much now for our nearly 1 year old accent ? Question Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faho,follow up means for SC. If any problem, best you go back to the same SC where you get the car from. Like for me,I got it from Jln 222 and I always send my car back to Jln 222 until warranty over. Than only I'll go somewhere nearer to my office/house.

fabho wrote:

------------------------------

Babyh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Faho,follow up means for SC. If any problem, best you go back to the same SC where you get the car from. Like for me,I got it from Jln 222 and I always send my car back to Jln 222 until warranty over. Than only I'll go somewhere nearer to my office/house.

I dun agree with marky. I think we should separate SC and SA. The SA not necessary can help you after you buy the car as he/she only help you in the process of buying the car. Like me, I took my car at this Old Klang Road but if got anything (service or problems), I always go Pandan Indah SC coz nearer my workplace.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to argue. Just that maybe the way I put it, means different thing. Anyway, just follow babyh.

Babyh wrote:
marky wrote:

I dun agree with marky. I think we should separate SC and SA. The SA not necessary can help you after you buy the car as he/she only help you in the process of buying the car. Like me, I took my car at this Old Klang Road but if got anything (service or problems), I always go Pandan Indah SC coz nearer my workplace.

Babyh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No argue la....... Wink Just my opinion only. You have your rights and I have mine, jumble together become one right la........ Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: