Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW FAST IS OUR ACCENT??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: accent speedy Reply with quote

I might be wrong but it's just my teory cause I don't drive an A/T.
When you want to go above 165km/h, you off your O/D and floor the accelerator. But watch the RPM. Then on your O/D and keep your foot down until red line.... Wink
Another way is, floor the accelerator and watch it go. But keep your eyes on the road!! Hahahaha Laughing

augustineaf wrote:
marky wrote:
Its possible but depends. For A/T it can go more than 200km/h cause of the OD but for manual, its going to redline the RPM.

edmond1978 wrote:
Hi guys i ever tried 170km/hr at NS highway when i go into JB using 2nd link there is still room to go somemore.. i have a friend he tried 200 and its possible

can you give me more details on how you achieved this 200km/j ???
the maximum speed my accent have gone is 165km/h. my rpm is nearly 4000, with O/D on. i travelled from kl to malacca, night 10pm. it took me about 1 hour 20 minutes to ayer keroh tol. i could not drive faster than 165km/h Embarassed plus there was a lot of lorries on the road as well travelling to JB, i think Cool

edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do some modding to your car and u will be able to achieve that.. not joking
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, after Moding, you need to change your speedometer already cause 200 not enought!!! hahahaha Laughing
edmond1978 wrote:
Do some modding to your car and u will be able to achieve that.. not joking

nicholasc
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine top speed is 180km/h then like cut out power liao.. i suspect ECU cut ?? if not why untill 180 then the power has been cut off although I still can feel there're power ? Confused
tkj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Happy New Year to ya all!! Finally, took my Accent to Penang (yes, Penang…and it was on the day the tsunami struck). Well, let’s talk about the car first. Went to a max of 160km/h. Not a problem at all reaching 150km/h. However, to reach 160km/h, I needed to step a bit harder on the accelerator.

Cheers,
TKJ
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nich,don't think there is a cut in the ECU cause I can reach 180km/h and go more. I presume your's is Auto? If auto,than it will be a different story all together.

Tkj,WAH!!! during Tsunami day ar. How it felt?
tkj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Nich,don't think there is a cut in the ECU cause I can reach 180km/h and go more. I presume your's is Auto? If auto,than it will be a different story all together.

Tkj,WAH!!! during Tsunami day ar. How it felt?

Let me share with you all my Penang tsunami experience. I left for Penang on 26 Dec, the day the tsunami struck. Reached Penang at about 12pm and stopped by Komtar before checking-in to Ferringhi Beach Hotel (the one across the road from the beach). On my way to Gurney Drive at about 2pm, the main road was exceptionally jammed, and so I took a de-tour using the Gurney Drive stretch which is just beside the promenade. There, I realised the sea unusually rough and people were pointing at the sea. I thought must have some big fish swimming nearby lah. Anyway, when I reached the Gurney Drive round-about, the jam was really teruk and we had to squeeze out way thru the roundabout. The jam built-up even more reaching the Island Plaza traffic light. One ambulance passed by, then a fire engine and then another ambulance. On the opposite lane, 2 ambulance passed by and opposite lane cars were waving us to turn back. Wow...I thought must be really really teruk accident. Well, as always, we no turned back lah. Then when we reached the next traffic light about 100m away, there were people in the middle of the road blocking our way and suddenly there's panic and everyone started turning back at the traffic light. I looked in front and gosh...there was a boat in the middle of the road and the muddy waters all over. This was the scene in Tanjung Bungah which appeared in all newspapers. So, we turned back and on reaching the Gurney Drive roundabout, found that we're again stucked. Cars were reversing from the Gurney Drive area and we could see their tyres were covered with mud. Just beside the road where my car was, there was a monsoon drain that flows out to the sea and my god...muddy waters were overflowing and all the squatter houses were already flooded! We couldn't move into the roundabout cos cars were coming from every direction. But fortunately, we managed to inch our way thru and headed back towards town. Then we called the hotel what happened and was told that a big wave hit Penang, but the hotel was ok. So, we had to follow another route to the hotel and on the way, we want to sibuk a bit lah and stopped by the road side where there were ambulance and fire engines and loads of other kepohchi. We were told people and beachside shops got washed away to the sea, some died, etc. Finally we reached the hotel and in front was another public beach and there were even more police, ambulance and fire engines. We saw 2 bodies being carried into the police truck. The hotel was also a scene of havoc and we only managed to check in at 6pm. However, I feel what Penang was actually ways better than in Indonesia, Sri Lanka and India. In fact, the roads were all cleared up the next day and business was back to usual in the Ferringhi stretch night stalls.

Ok, back to our Accent. I actually saw a lot of Accents in Penang and on the highway. My wife was teasing me that my face looks happier seeing an Accent than seeing her face *hahahahah*.
dagg3r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried up to 180kmh from damansara toll back to subang toll. Was tailing a civic 1.7 (friend's car) hehehe... can keep up only... maybe because he was giving me chance Razz

Dont dare to go anymore because of the wheel I think is too small already... steering shaking adi... Will consider a bigger rims 16" most probably (17" looks damn big and I think will be hard to drive comfortably).

other than that, I dont really speed lar, that time also like 2am, no car already, only speed.... want to die also die yourself lar, don't bring other innocent car into it.

1) HPIS EMS 400
2) Grounding
3) pivot Volt Stablelizer
4) Micro Processor & super magnetic
Hyundai Accent 1.5 GLS AT April 2004
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PFX3250
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well....touched 190kmh on my 2004 accent..no worries... Wink
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah..ur guys drove so fast ar..i'm very scare already even touch the 150..em..safety first mar.. Embarassed
tkj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFX3250 wrote:

When you’re going at 190km/h, doesn’t it “float” cos the car is relatively light. Although at 160km/h, the engine and steering don’t vibrate but I feel it’s bit light.
lookAlike
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it really can "float" may be it can also "take-off". Try 200 kph and see. Laughing
PFX3250
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah tkj.....feels a lil bit light but the car handles pretty well at that kind of speed.maybe a lil bit of mods will do better for our rocket..something like....15" rims...B&G/Eibach sports springs...(still trying to touch 200kmh with my A/T accent)
dagg3r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200kmh.... Shocked

180 also I worry already... Maybe after changing rims springs and absorbers will be better to speed... otherwise... 'float'

Surprisingly, when u corner with high speed, the car is like stick to the ground more... dunno how to explain it... Anyone?

1) HPIS EMS 400
2) Grounding
3) pivot Volt Stablelizer
4) Micro Processor & super magnetic
Hyundai Accent 1.5 GLS AT April 2004
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkj wrote:
PFX3250 wrote:

When you’re going at 190km/h, doesn’t it “float” cos the car is relatively light. Although at 160km/h, the engine and steering don’t vibrate but I feel it’s bit light.

yes, agree......very light.....when above 150km/h Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: