Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW FAST IS OUR ACCENT??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: HOW FAST IS OUR ACCENT?? Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
tkj wrote:
Dear Accentians,

This will be the forum to share our speeding/cruising/neck-2-neck race experience with all members. How fast do you think your Accent can go?? Twisted Evil

Happy Cruising,
TKJ

Max speed 160Km/h (still more room to go) Twisted Evil

Now I can’t wait for my trip to Penang this Christmas. Gonna burn some rubber with my Accent (but must wait till my wife has fallen asleep in the car).

Tried squaring it off with any Vios / City / Spectra lately?? There have been a few times that I tried racing with Vios but they just seem just to cruise ahead effortlessly. Maybe I wasn’t pushing hard enough with my pregnant wife beside me. Any daredevils here wanna share their stories??
gvoyager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think turning off the overdrive mode will give the car a little bit more "kick" to go side by side with Vios? Of course they are using Toyota's DOHC VVTI. Perhaps we should try to compare Accent and Vios' engine specifications first before trying to out run them on the street?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vios/City - not easy as their technology is different. Spectra, maybe we can outrun them a while. Proton, anytime.

tkj, when delivery? What name have you in mind? Accent? Elentra? Wink Just joking.
tkj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Vios/City - not easy as their technology is different. Spectra, maybe we can outrun them a while. Proton, anytime.

tkj, when delivery? What name have you in mind? Accent? Elentra? Wink Just joking.

Hahaha….wah, crazy meh. My son/daughter will curse me forever if I name him/her Accent or Elantra. Anyway, it’s my first time being a father…so a bit kanchiong. Delivery is end June 05.
gvoyager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why always kanchiong since you're not the one who is gonna deliver the baby? if kanchiong the first night after married then i understand why more lah,, hahah Very Happy My sister will give birth anytime, she just got admitted to the hospital to wait,, could be later, could be tomorrow, could be anytime!

anyway, am also waiting for my baby accent to be delivered leh,, hahah Razz
tkj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gvoyager wrote:
Why always kanchiong since you're not the one who is gonna deliver the baby? if kanchiong the first night after married then i understand why more lah,, hahah Very Happy My sister will give birth anytime, she just got admitted to the hospital to wait,, could be later, could be tomorrow, could be anytime!

anyway, am also waiting for my baby accent to be delivered leh,, hahah Razz

Hullo hullo…of cos I’m not the one giving birth, but kanchiong becos 1st time becoming a father mah. Well, unless you’ve been a father many many times already. Anyway, for the next check-up we’ll know whether it’s a boy or a girl.

So, when do you expect to get your "Baby"? Very Happy
gvoyager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkj wrote:
Hullo hullo…of cos I’m not the one giving birth, but kanchiong becos 1st time becoming a father mah. Well, unless you’ve been a father many many times already. Anyway, for the next check-up we’ll know whether it’s a boy or a girl.

Am going to make the downpayment around 5-6th Jan and then sort out the loan. How soon can I do the registration/pick number etc? How soon they can get the car ready after that ha?

I hope yours will be a boy - less problem in the future, no need to worry this worry that. haha..
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hai yah, boy or gal also the same lar.

First few months, CUTE!!!
Early years, Adorable!!!
Schooling years, Heart Ache!!!
Teenage years, Head and Pocket ache!!!!
Young adult years, Tension!!!!
Married years, always a BABY in the Family!!!

Hmmm...I wonder... Wink
Tkj, better keep it a surprise!!!! More Kanchiong!! More suspends!!! Hehehe Laughing

gvoyager wrote:
tkj wrote:

Am going to make the downpayment around 5-6th Jan and then sort out the loan. How soon can I do the registration/pick number etc? How soon they can get the car ready after that ha?

I hope yours will be a boy - less problem in the future, no need to worry this worry that. haha..

tkj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Hai yah, boy or gal also the same lar.

First few months, CUTE!!!
Early years, Adorable!!!
Schooling years, Heart Ache!!!
Teenage years, Head and Pocket ache!!!!
Young adult years, Tension!!!!
Married years, always a BABY in the Family!!!

Hmmm...I wonder... Wink
Tkj, better keep it a surprise!!!! More Kanchiong!! More suspends!!! Hehehe Laughing

gvoyager wrote:
tkj wrote:

Hahahaha...since when this forum becomes a place for a bunch of guys talking about babies huh. Anyway, thanks for all your concerns.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ya all.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppl...drive safely...don't speed on public roads...u nv know wat might suddenly appear in front of you...

go-karting if u like speeding...it's cheap, safe and legal...then u know speeding in a full size car is very dangerous
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True true...

chkwong wrote:
ppl...drive safely...don't speed on public roads...u nv know wat might suddenly appear in front of you...

go-karting if u like speeding...it's cheap, safe and legal...then u know speeding in a full size car is very dangerous

gvoyager

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen or not you all Accents owners, dont play play on the street ar. Eh, I think I have the rights to say that cos I haven't got mine. LOL Laughing I've seen careless Accent owner befor in USJ leh!

****wondering if he's monitoring the forum cos I would like to kick his/her butt****
edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys i ever tried 170km/hr at NS highway when i go into JB using 2nd link there is still room to go somemore.. i have a friend he tried 200 and its possible
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its possible but depends. For A/T it can go more than 200km/h cause of the OD but for manual, its going to redline the RPM.

edmond1978 wrote:
Hi guys i ever tried 170km/hr at NS highway when i go into JB using 2nd link there is still room to go somemore.. i have a friend he tried 200 and its possible

augustineaf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: accent speedy Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Its possible but depends. For A/T it can go more than 200km/h cause of the OD but for manual, its going to redline the RPM.

edmond1978 wrote:

can you give me more details on how you achieved this 200km/j ???
the maximum speed my accent have gone is 165km/h. my rpm is nearly 4000, with O/D on. i travelled from kl to malacca, night 10pm. it took me about 1 hour 20 minutes to ayer keroh tol. i could not drive faster than 165km/h Embarassed plus there was a lot of lorries on the road as well travelling to JB, i think Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: