Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why you should choose the Hyundai Accent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven, I might be one of them!!!! If you see a single ugly LCLY guy with Cool behind the wheel....thats ME!!! Laughing Hahahahhaa.

Odeon, u also from SJ/USJ?
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Steven, I might be one of them!!!! If you see a single ugly LCLY guy with Cool behind the wheel....thats ME!!! Laughing Hahahahhaa.

Odeon, u also from SJ/USJ?

I'm Wangsa Maju..
Ernesto
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being very positive with my Accent ever since I got it a week ago.....Better than my Wira 1.5 a/b auto. But don't get me wrong, my 4-year-old Wira was in tip-top condition, service done every 5K. The only downside of my Wira was the poor workmanship / quality of other parts (other than the engine). Had to change the Temp meter, Tachometer, both front power window cables, leaking Boot, misaligned boot hatch...etc.

P/S: FC of my Wira was a no issue as it drank like there's no tomorrow. Hope to save on fuel with my manual Accent.
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernesto wrote:
I'm being very positive with my Accent ever since I got it a week ago.....Better than my Wira 1.5 a/b auto. But don't get me wrong, my 4-year-old Wira was in tip-top condition, service done every 5K. The only downside of my Wira was the poor workmanship / quality of other parts (other than the engine). Had to change the Temp meter, Tachometer, both front power window cables, leaking Boot, misaligned boot hatch...etc.

P/S: FC of my Wira was a no issue as it drank like there's no tomorrow. Hope to save on fuel with my manual Accent.

Let us know how is the FC...my first FC recorded as 13cents per KM.
Ernesto
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's around 11 - 12 cents per km (normal work route is KL-Kjg h/way -> Connaught h/way -> Kerinchi Link -> Jln Damansara).
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernesto wrote:
Mine's around 11 - 12 cents per km (normal work route is KL-Kjg h/way -> Connaught h/way -> Kerinchi Link -> Jln Damansara).
hey brothers, don't discuss some other topic over here lah, here is talking bout good thing of our Accent lah, if yours don't mind pls discuss under the fuel consumption topic,k? Smile
Gilthoniel
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys,

i'd like to improve my FC, so far i've seen you guys post alot of stuff and ways up to improve FC but in summary... which ones really work?

hope u guys can help me out Smile

cheers!
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To improve on FC, drive with Windows down and walk for any short distance. Laughing

I don't know much about the Micro Compressor but so happen bump into Steven today at Jln Ipoh SC. You can try that Micro Compressor and ask Steven what he thinks about it.

Hey Steven - Nice to meet you! Hope to yum char with you when you're in SJ/USJ.

Gilthoniel wrote:
hey guys,

i'd like to improve my FC, so far i've seen you guys post alot of stuff and ways up to improve FC but in summary... which ones really work?

cheers!

ycsteven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
To improve on FC, drive with Windows down and walk for any short distance. Laughing

I don't know much about the Micro Compressor but so happen bump into Steven today at Jln Ipoh SC. You can try that Micro Compressor and ask Steven what he thinks about it.

Hey Steven - Nice to meet you! Hope to yum char with you when you're in SJ/USJ.

Gilthoniel wrote:
hey guys,

cheers!
still observing the FC coz today jz did some adjustment on the Micro Compressor, will keep updating the info bout the FC.
Marky, nice to meet you also,actually i was not plan to go there, bt since going to PC-Fair so go there to do some adjustment lor...anyway, i'll be at Subang working till 5 something..maybe will call u out yum char if i am not so tired..hehe Smile
tkj

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: My Accent's first ride up to Genting Reply with quote

Drove my Accent to Genting last Friday for the 1st time with my wife. Was really eager to see how it would perform and overall it didn’t disappoint me. Filled up to full tank before the journey. The ride through Karak hway was pretty stable going through the twists and turns. But certain stretch where there’s slope going uphill and downhill, the ride seemed a bit fast even though I was driving only at 100-110km/h. This is due to the fact that I changed to a 195 tyre and maybe the cars relatively light weight. Anybody know how heavy is our Accent? It’s not stated in the manual and neither in the cataloque nor any auto magazines.

Uphill drive wasn’t much a hassle. I didn’t have press the pedal hard very much for the additional boost of power. I think the Grade Logic and Fuzzy Logic thingy came into good effect. And then going up Genting…this is the true test. I would categorise the ride here into 2 types (normal uphill and very steep uphill)

Normal uphill here refers to the (well) normal uphill ride lah, except for the very very steep uphill stretch at certain parts going up to Genting, eg. nearby to the Chinese temple and a few turns when reaching the top. Quite satisfied with the power going for the normal uphill ride. The rpm was 3000rpm max for these ride. No need for the sudden boost of power where the engine get stretched and the engine goes “woooooo wooooo” those kind of things. A civic was constantly behind me but couldn’t catch after a while.

When I reach the parts where it’s very very steep with sharp turns, I had to rev the engine up and the rpm hit 4000rpm so that I can keep pace with other cars. This is when the engine sounds really loud (I only have the bonnet and boot sound damper installed).

Overall, the car is quite powerful without the need to floor the pedal all the time. Anyway, I didn’t stretch it to the max (sayang my baby lah).

In terms of FC, the way before I reached the turn-in to Genting, it was between 6.9 – 7.5L/100km. When I reached the summit, it was at 11L/100km. Then, going back time till I reached home going thru the MRR and then thru Cheras highway it was at 8.3L/100km.

Cheers,
TKJ
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My Accent's first ride up to Genting Reply with quote

tkj wrote:
Drove my Accent to Genting last Friday for the 1st time with my wife. Was really eager to see how it would perform and overall it didn’t disappoint me. Filled up to full tank before the journey. The ride through Karak hway was pretty stable going through the twists and turns. But certain stretch where there’s slope going uphill and downhill, the ride seemed a bit fast even though I was driving only at 100-110km/h. This is due to the fact that I changed to a 195 tyre and maybe the cars relatively light weight. Anybody know how heavy is our Accent? It’s not stated in the manual and neither in the cataloque nor any auto magazines.

Uphill drive wasn’t much a hassle. I didn’t have press the pedal hard very much for the additional boost of power. I think the Grade Logic and Fuzzy Logic thingy came into good effect. And then going up Genting…this is the true test. I would categorise the ride here into 2 types (normal uphill and very steep uphill)

Normal uphill here refers to the (well) normal uphill ride lah, except for the very very steep uphill stretch at certain parts going up to Genting, eg. nearby to the Chinese temple and a few turns when reaching the top. Quite satisfied with the power going for the normal uphill ride. The rpm was 3000rpm max for these ride. No need for the sudden boost of power where the engine get stretched and the engine goes “woooooo wooooo” those kind of things. A civic was constantly behind me but couldn’t catch after a while.

When I reach the parts where it’s very very steep with sharp turns, I had to rev the engine up and the rpm hit 4000rpm so that I can keep pace with other cars. This is when the engine sounds really loud (I only have the bonnet and boot sound damper installed).

Overall, the car is quite powerful without the need to floor the pedal all the time. Anyway, I didn’t stretch it to the max (sayang my baby lah).

In terms of FC, the way before I reached the turn-in to Genting, it was between 6.9 – 7.5L/100km. When I reached the summit, it was at 11L/100km. Then, going back time till I reached home going thru the MRR and then thru Cheras highway it was at 8.3L/100km.

Cheers,
TKJ

yes, even not yet go up to Genting with my Accent, I agree with TKJ, Accent is exteremly performing very good with the uphill maybe because of the curb weight is only 1000Kg in addition to the effect of the Grade Logic and Fuzzy Logic Laughing

Curb Weight 1000kg
Length 4200mm
Wheelbase 2440mm
Width 1670mm
Height 1395mm
Wheel 4.5J x 13 steel
Tyre 155 / 80 R13

http://www.star-motoring.com/research/specs.asp?id=339
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
augustineaf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: looking for TIPS on caring our accents Reply with quote

good day,

just wondering anybody has any tips on keeping our car clean and shine!!

what car shampoo or wax is good and last longer!

OR just send to the car wash station and pay other people to wash our baby accent!! Razz Razz

i am looking for a good wax or something to make my tyres look black and shining! any ideas!

any tips to make accent shine!!???

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for TIPS on caring our accents Reply with quote

TKJ,
took my accent up to genting before (manual) and its really nice feeling as what you felt. Try your baby up to Cameroon, old road and new.

Augustineaf,
My suggestion;

Wax = Use KIT. Try to find those with High Glosh.
Car wash/Shampoo = I'm using LOC. Going to switch to another brand. Will tell ou more later. LOC not bad, after wash, really outshines other cars.

Try to wash your own car, cause those car wash ppl simply wash and might scretch your car. They will not be responsible for any damages!

augustineaf wrote:
good day,

OR just send to the car wash station and pay other people to wash our baby accent!! Razz Razz

i am looking for a good wax or something to make my tyres look black and shining! any ideas!

TewKY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for TIPS on caring our accents Reply with quote

marky wrote:
TKJ,
took my accent up to genting before (manual) and its really nice feeling as what you felt. Try your baby up to Cameroon, old road and new.

Augustineaf,
My suggestion;

Wax = Use KIT. Try to find those with High Glosh.
Car wash/Shampoo = I'm using LOC. Going to switch to another brand. Will tell ou more later. LOC not bad, after wash, really outshines other cars.

Try to wash your own car, cause those car wash ppl simply wash and might scretch your car. They will not be responsible for any damages!

augustineaf wrote:
good day,

New KIT wax for 0~2 years car will be suitable for new car.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: looking for TIPS on caring our accents Reply with quote

augustineaf wrote:
good day,

agree with Marky, try to wash ur car by urself, i had experience b4, and when u wash by urself, u will notice a lot of dirt that those car washer wont' care...better DIY lah...bout the tyre, i got some good material from those tyre shop, don't know wat brand..bt it really make the tyre looks new..hehe Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: