Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why you should choose the Hyundai Accent
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Why you should choose the Hyundai Accent Reply with quote

hi, everyone, sometime i just felt v complaint too much of our lovely car, i just hope that i can open up a new topic all Accentian talking bout the good side of our Accent.
For my opinion, the quality that i got this car, the first very good impression for me, this is a very solid car,the body, the structure of the car. The very first thing impress to me when the SA used their hand
'bang' the car very hard, i believe if they do this on my old wira, sure will kemek one...and the suspension is good..at least when went through some uneven road...i don't feel so bouncing and shaking compare to my old wira also.the design of the car is very nice..in fact tell your guys the true...the first sight for Accent is very nice..i straight away fall in love with her look.guys..don't u think so...sometime i believe if v can give more 'love' to our Accent..she can do very well..trust me.... Very Happy
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven,
Great threads... ya, we should feel proud of our baby....

For me, 62k is absolutely worth, if compare with others same category cars, Gen 2 ? Waja ? or is there any other foregin cars tht's around 60k ? Even Avanza also have the lack of power problems...

Interior design is classy... well, u will said this when u look at Gen 2 (Plastic) and Waja (Blank and dark) design...

Sound System is kinda good, of cuz not saying the player (VDO), i had change to pioneer and i can feel the bass is booming in my car....

FC not consider high.. although not as save as Honda City or Vios... but hey, don't forget that our Accent's physical material is much more stronger than City, MUCH MORE... I heard from a 2nd hand car dealer, i complaint that this car is FC is not good as City nor Vios, then he told me that the Accent's body is tougher than City, even tougher than Elantra .. tht's y higher FC bcuz car body is heavy...
ps : Well, i choose life safety rather than FC...... imagine with a car that very low FC but the body like Milo Tin... u dare to drive ?

Comfortable if 2 ppls sitting, but the rear passenger will encounter a bit compact... but... normally i just have 2 ppls... so no problem for me..
Air Con damn cold... suspension damn good until u can relax and listen to sentimental songs..... handling .. i guess all of us knw.... GOOD.. and accurate.......

Car design looks magnificant from Front and Rear... but look a bit ordinary from side... i also dunno y... ?

Well, tht's my appraisal for my 3 months baby...... how's urs ?
________
VIDEO REVIEW

Last edited by wilson on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
soulkipper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, according to one article (sorry ma, i kinda forgotten where i've read this) our accent chasis material and structure is based on the WRC model. Hard and strong so with the SOHC engine that's why the FC is kinda high a bit. But no complaint from me. I prefer to drive with a strong and hard chassis car rather than tin milo (quote from wilson Wink ).

p/s: can anyone check about the accent using or modelling the WRC chassis?
I dun wan to mislead anyone or any potential buyer Very Happy
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its WRC chasis minus the WRC engine, suspension, roll cage...

who say FC high? 100% highway can get you 550-600km+...KL-Ipoh-KL, but traffic jam to work everyday different story la...300+km only...jam 1 hour to work for just 18km one way...

milo tin? buy some chinese daily...they post those accident cars everyday...see those waja...wira...iswara..saga...milo tin car...u will see wat milo tin cars us...ur life is precious man...

air cond...vios city ppl say in my car...how come ur air cond so cold one?...no comments Very Happy

suspension...walauyeh...put on good tyres...u can corner kaw kaw...

the only thing dislike is the stupid dummy side repeater...bummer!
ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: good good.. Reply with quote

hey..guys..can't waiting for tomolo to c all the good Accent lining up together..did your guys check out the vios or city forum web site..not so active like us leh..u c..the owner of the Accent all also very well sharing ppl oh.. Smile i jz installed the micro compressor..so far i can feel the FC is effective..jz installed for two days..still under supervising..will let your guys..know how is the effect..ok?keep telling the good stuff over here..good news jz now after i finished work at my living area..sg. long..i saw three accent parking at the same row..haha..getting more man.. Very Happy
soulkipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
its WRC chasis minus the WRC engine, suspension, roll cage...

who say FC high? 100% highway can get you 550-600km+...KL-Ipoh-KL, but traffic jam to work everyday different story la...300+km only...jam 1 hour to work for just 18km one way...

milo tin? buy some chinese daily...they post those accident cars everyday...see those waja...wira...iswara..saga...milo tin car...u will see wat milo tin cars us...ur life is precious man...

air cond...vios city ppl say in my car...how come ur air cond so cold one?...no comments Very Happy

suspension...walauyeh...put on good tyres...u can corner kaw kaw...

the only thing dislike is the stupid dummy side repeater...bummer!

ya ya, the downside is the nonfunctional side repeater. Should not be there at first place. Another one 1 ugly scratch at left side front tyre rim. My wife scratch it with a divider near our house while parking. Scratching my head...
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ppl,
Last few months ago, I drove my Accent up to Penang at 5am in the morning when I left Subang Jaya, pump full tank of Projek, off air-cond and drove with back windows down slighly with Air Inlet duck open, and I was really surprise that driving at ~120 - 135km/hr, my Tank was use only about slighly above 1/2 tank!!!

Had a 'race' with a Waja just after Rawang, cause he flash his lights from a distance....then i downshift to 4th and "floor the pedal to the metal", and switch 5th. The Waja EAT DUST !!!!! Hit 180km/h and it was still stable.

ACCENT ROCKS!! Anyway...had to slow down cause sayang my car, so let Waja overtake.hehehehe. Laughing Hmmmm....I wonder what happens if we have a WRC engine in there with roll cage!??!??! Peoples face Shocked
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Hey ppl,
Last few months ago, I drove my Accent up to Penang at 5am in the morning when I left Subang Jaya, pump full tank of Projek, off air-cond and drove with back windows down slighly with Air Inlet duck open, and I was really surprise that driving at ~120 - 135km/hr, my Tank was use only about slighly above 1/2 tank!!!

Had a 'race' with a Waja just after Rawang, cause he flash his lights from a distance....then i downshift to 4th and "floor the pedal to the metal", and switch 5th. The Waja EAT DUST !!!!! Hit 180km/h and it was still stable.

ACCENT ROCKS!! Anyway...had to slow down cause sayang my car, so let Waja overtake.hehehehe. Laughing Hmmmm....I wonder what happens if we have a WRC engine in there with roll cage!??!??! Peoples face Shocked

yes...I can felt the difference.....FC is lower than the Waja when driving highway...since I owned the Waja previously..and
180km/l no problem for our accent and suprising the car is very stable around the speed of 150~160km/l Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ycsteven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Hey ppl,

haha..don't worry..i hundred percent sure our engine is more powerful than protong lah..jz now when i reached my place..there is slidely loops...and the Waja also kept his position in front..bt then u know wat..when reach the loops..i can't even c the waja headlight..haha..
yes..our accent is very stable on the highway driving..this is wat the SA at KB told me when i service my car..n i already experience it..coz my hometown is Kuantan..it is very big different compare to my old wira.. Smile
edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all.. our accent is capable to reach its top speed.. after doing modding to your ride it work wonders.... as for your info the WRC engine is using a mitsubishi engine... heard that its using a EVO engine from some where... the WRC accent does not have its own hyundai WRC engine... sad to say that
edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to share with fellow accent owners here there are alot of ways to mod up our accents... in sg some of our accents have already done up our mods and travel at NS higway to try out our car top speed... If work wonders... the mods are of course illegal as to some of our mods here..some are just purely cold air intake.. cos as we know cars most important think is the air...so what we do we have the air filter box and resonator box..
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edmond,
Can you list down some of the mods done on Sg member's cars and their results? (Eg: 1) Use K&N Air Filter - smoother ride ... etc)

Its ok if its illigal or not cause we're here to learn.

edmond1978 wrote:
Just to share with fellow accent owners here there are alot of ways to mod up our accents... in sg some of our accents have already done up our mods and travel at NS higway to try out our car top speed... If work wonders... the mods are of course illegal as to some of our mods here..some are just purely cold air intake.. cos as we know cars most important think is the air...so what we do we have the air filter box and resonator box..

edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marky..

AS requested here are some of the list that we actualy did to our rides here in sg.

Performance parts

1)Cold Air Intake using open pod filter ( Removing our resonator box and air filter) but mind u it will be noisy compared to drop in K&N filter but the sound is shiok i would say..Open pod filters more power then drop in types.

2) Grounding ( Grounding is to circulate the unwanted waste electric back to the negative terminal to our batteries in other words will make the life of the battery longer) Effects are brighter headlights,Aircon more cold,RPM response faster when u rev. radio clearer.

3)Voltage Stabilzer ( this works well especialy there is grounding points done to you ride.. Very good for those car owner who are into I.C.E (in car entertaiment) Good for auto cars.

4)4-2-1 Extractors (removing the cataylic convertor and replacing this 4-2-1 header straight thru.. Mind you guys.. cars is very important for its air intake so 4-2-1 for those car lovers who wants there car to have more horse gain this is the mod that u MUST do ) its illegal to change exhaust system mind you.

5)Straight thru muffler... ( since the 4-2-1 extractors are installed the muffler must also be change to reduce any back pressure coming out from behind.. as both the cataylic convertors and the mufflers from stock factory RESTRICT airflow thus blocking excessive unwanted gas from going thru straight.But its gona be loud if u install this 2 mods keep a look out for the traffic police though)

6)Strut bars..( this come handy when doing simple or hard cornerings. strut bars strength ur chasis and stabalize ur front suspensions thus making ur handling better for cornering etc... also its a form of safety to you while doing cornerings)

7) Big bore throttle body ( known as the BBTB.. basically is repalcing ur curent stock BBTB to those original type but the butterfly dimension is being bore bigger to allow more air flow into ur throttle body to the engine thus making fuel combustion more efficient and increasing power to your car)

Cool Light weight pulley ( change this and you will find that there will be at least 10 horse power gain to your car... as the stock pulley is kinda heavy and with the light ewight pulley manufactured using aero metal material known as aircraft material the timing belt will be less stressful thus spinning faster to produce more more to the engine.

9) SAFFC ( know as the semi air fuel flow controller, to install this will defintely increase horse and it save fuel and control the amount of air to your engine... this SAFFC is very popular and it is also known as a piggyback this can overwrite you ECU and by pass it of cos tunning and dyno test must be done to install this)

10) Steel braided brake hose

11) High degree brake pads

12) HOt bits suspension systems ( for those who like their cars to have to sportish lower lookm there are some other brands too. in australia the accents are all modified using HotBits brand, hot bits also uses for cars like WRX etc....)

Cosmetic parts

1) Magi door visor for verna ( In korea accent is known as Verna)

2) Auto gagues ( Some of you may like to install sportish gagues on you A pillar to read the volt ,Vacumm and water temp etc...)

3) MOMO steering wheel... (Very sportish look but have to install with a boos kit with this steering on)

4)MOMO gear knob (for manual accents)

5)MOMO padals (auto and manual do have in the market)

6)Meter face gauge( meaning the original meter face is change we have it here in sg)

7)White headlight bulbs from philps( its also avaliable for fog lights for those of you who have)

8)Auto up antena ( for those of you who listen to radio often will go for this)

9)Customise bodykits ( Done in JB)

10) Sports Rims ( 15" rims and some of the accents bro here go up to 17" and its still working well)

11) Body decals (art work for you car body)

12) I.C.E ( in car entertainment with sub woofers and amps install , some of the bros here change there head unit too to better ones... of cos playing I.C.E will cost alot depending on what u want)

Thats about all.... there will still be more mods... i will find out to let you guys know again...
soulkipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
marky wrote:
Hey ppl,

haha..don't worry..i hundred percent sure our engine is more powerful than protong lah..jz now when i reached my place..there is slidely loops...and the Waja also kept his position in front..bt then u know wat..when reach the loops..i can't even c the waja headlight..haha..
yes..our accent is very stable on the highway driving..this is wat the SA at KB told me when i service my car..n i already experience it..coz my hometown is Kuantan..it is very big different compare to my old wira.. Smile

ycsteven from kuantan? same here. How often u go back? maybe someday we can have small tt at kuantan. Very Happy
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edmond,
Thanks for your list of items done on our Accent.

I'm going to do: No 1 & 2
Considering(might/might not): No 4,5,11 & 12
Planning (when budget permits): 6,8 & 10
Can you eleborate more on 3,7 & 9

Btw, how much is the stabelizer unit in S$? How do I install it?

Don't mind if you answer it over at our Mod forum?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: