Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talk about the Vehicle Specifications ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Talk about the Vehicle Specifications ... Reply with quote

Hi all

Just to find out from you guys.. is the malaysia accent a 1.5 SOHC or 1.6DOHC engine?? singapore with have the 1.3M SOHC and the 1.5 SOHC manual and auto..

Cheers
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M'sia only have SOCH 1.5 GLS auto and manual version..don't have 1.6..
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund,
In Malaysia is only 1.5SOHC. It because of Govn control, if not Proton will loose its market when a 1.6DOHC is selling at around $60K.
edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oic.. so does malaysia comes out with the 1.3SOHC accent??? its a hatchback version. singapore alot
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund,
I"m not sure, but that will have to wait. But I guess not.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmond1978 wrote:
Oic.. so does malaysia comes out with the 1.3SOHC accent??? its a hatchback version. singapore alot
According the SA,he said quite hard to have the 1.3 hatchback version,even they plan to, not so soon..
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
edmond1978 wrote:
According the SA,he said quite hard to have the 1.3 hatchback version,even they plan to, not so soon..

of course .....how much KB is going to sell for this 1.3 hatchback version ?
RM50K +/- ? Currently, the most attrative 1.3cc shall be Toyata Avanza and it is the major competitor Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But is it suppose to be an MPV?
1.3 segment, its gonna a big fight with Proton and will not be worth buying other cars as long its below 40K for proton.

slbeh wrote:
ycsteven wrote:
edmond1978 wrote:

of course .....how much KB is going to sell for this 1.3 hatchback version ?
RM50K +/- ? Currently, the most attrative 1.3cc shall be Toyata Avanza and it is the major competitor Twisted Evil

soulkipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nowdays malaysian will look for quality and sadly proton can't / failed to provide that with their cars. Even my father change his car from perdana to sentra and soon my brother will join us as he wants to have accent as his first car Very Happy He rejected wira SE ( I dunno if having 16" tyres and ridiculous spoiler / rear wing can be claimed as Special Edition. Can get from accessories shop maa.. cheaper) and he didnt like gen2 for its inferior quality of its interior design compared to accent.

I think the after sales service also need to be considered as so far I believe KBSC provides far superior services compared to Proton Edar or EON.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True true. I have change from Iswara to Accent for the amount of $ we're paying = the quality we get. As for proton higher $ lower quality. Can't believe that they reliese the SE Proton Satria 1.8 and removing the most important thing of a car - the safety features (ABS, etc!!) If can't then don't do! No wonder proton can't be as sucessful as other makers.

soulkipper wrote:
I guess nowdays malaysian will look for quality and sadly proton can't / failed to provide that with their cars. Even my father change his car from perdana to sentra and soon my brother will join us as he wants to have accent as his first car Very Happy He rejected wira SE ( I dunno if having 16" tyres and ridiculous spoiler / rear wing can be claimed as Special Edition. Can get from accessories shop maa.. cheaper) and he didnt like gen2 for its inferior quality of its interior design compared to accent.

I think the after sales service also need to be considered as so far I believe KBSC provides far superior services compared to Proton Edar or EON.

ycsteven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
True true. I have change from Iswara to Accent for the amount of $ we're paying = the quality we get. As for proton higher $ lower quality. Can't believe that they reliese the SE Proton Satria 1.8 and removing the most important thing of a car - the safety features (ABS, etc!!) If can't then don't do! No wonder proton can't be as sucessful as other makers.

soulkipper wrote:

From what i know the Satria SE are those rejected stock from oversea, and proton not going to produce the satria already after they finish the SE version.so the satria should not have the market value already..according the SA ...Satria made proton lost very much of profit.. Evil or Very Mad
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw quite a number of new accents in my house area...so i guess it's a good buy...there's one near my house...which has almost the same number plate....but just 10+ number before me...

also...saw that the hyundai matrix 1.6 auto CKD is now 71k OTR...with ABS and one airbag...wah...good value....just a little more than 63k accent...and somemore interior a lot roomier
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
saw quite a number of new accents in my house area...so i guess it's a good buy...there's one near my house...which has almost the same number plate....but just 10+ number before me...

also...saw that the hyundai matrix 1.6 auto CKD is now 71k OTR...with ABS and one airbag...wah...good value....just a little more than 63k accent...and somemore interior a lot roomier
it is true the Matrix quite cheap for a 1.6 car, bt then the CKD matrix logo changed to Inokom already,and from what i know the Inokom is the brother's company of proton, do you have the confident of this company again?and don't forget Inokom was producing Lori first..aiyeh..i don't dare to buy the CKD car from them lor...and do u think the exterior design very nice..i felt like very dummy like that..sorry ar chkwong..this is only my personal opinion... Embarassed
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According the Service man Alex who is the workshop manager in Body and Paint deparment at jln Ipoh..now the Accent is really pick up the sales..he told me around two to three hundres cars release every week,so v should expected coming up many of accents on the road..and don't forget one very important thing..Hyundai CKD in M'sia only 3 yrs plus leh..Honda and Toyota is already more than 30yrs lah... Razz
edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marky... in singapore there is the 1.3 hatch back version of accent... babyface's accent is a 1.3 hatchback version
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: