Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Price for Hyundai Accent in Year 2004
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BrianL
General Member


Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Price for Hyundai Accent in Year 2004 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an Accent, just called the KB sales in Ipoh (Nelson) and they quoted me $61,168 for the 1.5 (A) Metallic w/ Road Tax & Registration.

The old price on KB website is $59,988. Can anyone confirm this?

I dun wanna kena taken for a ride, any feedback greatly appreciated Very Happy

BrianL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tkj
Junior Member


Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ACCENT Price Went Up??? Reply with quote

BrianL wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an Accent, just called the KB sales in Ipoh (Nelson) and they quoted me $61,168 for the 1.5 (A) Metallic w/ Road Tax & Registration.

The old price on KB website is $59,988. Can anyone confirm this?

I dun wanna kena taken for a ride, any feedback greatly appreciated Very Happy

BrianL


RM61k is correct. I bought mine is Oct and I paid about RM64k ++ (inclusive of optional accessories).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BrianL
General Member


Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tkj,

I'm heading over to the showroom for a test drive after work. Did they include anything extra for the price increase compared to the old price?

Or is it just a price increase?

Thanks again.

BrianL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
soulkipper
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Posts: 235
Location: Puncak Jalil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine 65K. Auto. Minus the leather seat and ukool. But they include a massager on driver side. I think u should ask the SA to give u more freebies
_________________
Whut the ....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
tkj
Junior Member


Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianL wrote:
Thanks tkj,

I'm heading over to the showroom for a test drive after work. Did they include anything extra for the price increase compared to the old price?

Or is it just a price increase?

Thanks again.

BrianL


Mine came with the leather seat and u-kool, but without the massager seat and the spoiler. I even asked the SC to remove all the silver panelling in the car. Looks neat and simple.

I got the SC to install the sound damper FOC for the boot and front bonnet.

I also got these for free but I think these are standard :
- Umbrella
- Air Freshener
- Leather cleaner and protector

Anybody else managed to squeeze for more freebies??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kingkong
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 475
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are all standard freebies. I manage to get extra like RM100 discount plus full tank of petrol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ycsteven
Senior Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2004
Posts: 570
Location: Kajang

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my one comes with the leather seat(paid for it), and without the spoiler, but i managed asked a nice numbers plate(not like normal plate),and put the numbers on all the glasses(oops..forgot how to say this),a free steering lock(a cheap one,i saw at thw carefour bout RM20 only),the umbrella,key chain,leather seat polisher..that's all..
_________________
Music is my LIFE!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slbeh
Site Admin


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 1696
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gvoyager wrote:
Hi all, I am going to book for my Accent soon (YES!) and wonder what free stuff you all have managed to squeeze from the salesman. I would appreciate it if I could get a rough idea of what I will be able to get from him. Also, is it worth it to get the U-Kool (never heard of that brand) from the factory at RM298? Thanks Very Happy



Welcome gvoyager,
yes, of course...if this is free..... Rolling Eyes or u may select the spoiler
_________________
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
www.myaccentclub.com
動力強勁兼有力!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lee
General Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 4
Location: KL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Accent a good buy ? Reply with quote

Dear all,

Hi...I am interested in buying Hyundai Accent. I found this forum recently. Acc I am quite happy to see Accent Club establised in Malaysia. However, after I have gone thru several topics, I realised that most of the time u all post the topic is about the complaints for the car. I m wondering, whether my choice is good or not ? I m very confused and afraid that if next time when I got Accent, I also have all the same problems that u all met. Since this is my 1st car to buy, I would like to confirm whether is it a smart choice or not, if compare to Wira? Could anyone help me to finalise the BENEFIT and DISADVANTAGES about the Accent? Thank u very much !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slbeh
Site Admin


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 1696
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Accent a good buy ? Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
Dear all,

Hi...I am interested in buying Hyundai Accent. I found this forum recently. Acc I am quite happy to see Accent Club establised in Malaysia. However, after I have gone thru several topics, I realised that most of the time u all post the topic is about the complaints for the car. I m wondering, whether my choice is good or not ? I m very confused and afraid that if next time when I got Accent, I also have all the same problems that u all met. Since this is my 1st car to buy, I would like to confirm whether is it a smart choice or not, if compare to Wira? Could anyone help me to finalise the BENEFIT and DISADVANTAGES about the Accent? Thank u very much !


In fact, u shall post the questions to the topic of 1st Time buying a Car , but nevermind, I try to answer u over here... Shocked
all cars definitely got problems, but either it is minor or major problem,
if u do not believe, go to http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/default.asp
view the forum of the Handa & Toyota....also complaint a lot, esp the more expensive one......... Twisted Evil
for me, the problems happen to our accent are the minor one, and it does not happen to all the new Accent, maybe some of them affected
.....Hyundai Accent is great car but due to the poor local parts supply, so this kind of minor problems come out, but at least KB will try to solve for u unlike Proton... Razz
_________________
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
www.myaccentclub.com
動力強勁兼有力!


Last edited by slbeh on Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tkj
Junior Member


Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Accent a good buy ? Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
Lee wrote:
Dear all,

Hi...I am interested in buying Hyundai Accent. I found this forum recently. Acc I am quite happy to see Accent Club establised in Malaysia. However, after I have gone thru several topics, I realised that most of the time u all post the topic is about the complaints for the car. I m wondering, whether my choice is good or not ? I m very confused and afraid that if next time when I got Accent, I also have all the same problems that u all met. Since this is my 1st car to buy, I would like to confirm whether is it a smart choice or not, if compare to Wira? Could anyone help me to finalise the BENEFIT and DISADVANTAGES about the Accent? Thank u very much !


In fact, u shall post the questions to the topic of 1st Time buying a Car , but nevermind, I try to answer u over here... Shocked
all cars definitely got problems, but either it is minor or major problem,
if u do not believe, go to http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/default.asp
view the forum of the Handa & Toyota....also complaint a lot, esp the more expensive one.........
for me, the problems happen to our accent are the minor thing, and it did not happen to all the new car, maybe some of them affected.....Hyundai Accent is great car but due to the poor local parts supply, so this kind of minor problem come out, but at least KB will try to solve for u unlike Proton... Razz


Hi Lee,

I can attest to slbeh’s statement. I bought my Accent (auto) in end Oct and have been enjoying my ride and liking it every day. You can read my posting in “Hyundai Accent Owners. Over Here!!” dated Nov 19.

And the thing about car problem, yes it’s thru…there’s lemon in every brand of cars, but probably certain brand / make has less / minor problems than the others. Let me share with you some true stories. A cousin of mine who drives a Camry had engine problem and had to send back to SC few times before he changed to a new regulator within one year. Another cousin who drives a Mercedes E Class had the top inside part of his car roof (the carpet-like part) fell down and the power window actually dropped into his car door. So, even foreign expensive car brands you can get these sort of problems.

Cheers,
TKJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gvoyager
Junior Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 175
Location: Klang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SA said could let me pick for the number (cost him RM210), and other freebies (I am sure they will be tiny ones) when booking the car! What a cheeky bugger! So I may turn to the KB at Taipan USJ instead of 222 (223?) I guess since it's nearer to my house.

Regarding the U-Kool, what is the color of it? I prefer to install something goldish to match the gold color of the car, and it's about the same price (or even cheaper) they are doing tinting outside (my bro-in-law owns an accesories shop in Balakong). I heard the factory installed tinting from the forum didn't do such a good job anyway and left bubbles here and there.

The FOC sound damper for bonnet and boot would be nice to get! **fingers crossed**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
soulkipper
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Posts: 235
Location: Puncak Jalil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gvoyager wrote:
My SA said could let me pick for the number (cost him RM210), and other freebies (I am sure they will be tiny ones) when booking the car! What a cheeky bugger! So I may turn to the KB at Taipan USJ instead of 222 (223?) I guess since it's nearer to my house.

Regarding the U-Kool, what is the color of it? I prefer to install something goldish to match the gold color of the car, and it's about the same price (or even cheaper) they are doing tinting outside (my bro-in-law owns an accesories shop in Balakong). I heard the factory installed tinting from the forum didn't do such a good job anyway and left bubbles here and there.

The FOC sound damper for bonnet and boot would be nice to get! **fingers crossed**


Your bro -in-law owns an accesories shop aa? can get discount if i send my car there to get tinted? Very Happy
_________________
Whut the ....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
gvoyager
Junior Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 175
Location: Klang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulkipper wrote:
Your bro -in-law owns an accesories shop aa? can get discount if i send my car there to get tinted? Very Happy


I am sure you can get it cheaper quoted with my name compare to other walk-in customers. However, I would suggest you to survey the price around first and see what kinda brand/tinting other shops are selling for 4doors+back. Adding the wind screen at the front will always cost more because it will be a different type which is approved by the JPJ for tinting at the front windscreen.

You know, I don't want anyone to say that I am doing this for his business to rip you guys off even more. I do like the goldish tinting which he put in for my sister's Kenari. He sells other known brands of tinting, but not those very high end like V-Kool - too expensive for many people.

Anyway just let me know if you want the details of his shop. It doesn't cost anything to get the price quotation if you live nearby Balakong. Cheers Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Lee
General Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 4
Location: KL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u so much, slbeh & tkj ...
May I know u own ur Accent baby for how long liao? so far u have met with what problems? Can list down for my reference?
Besides, Shld I go for Auto/Manual ? Semi-Leather? U-kool ? Spoiler?
Is the back seat space enough for ppl 2 sit ? coz I feel its qute small.
Why u all could ask the SA free for u so much of things? where u all buy it? I have gone thru Puchong,Old Klang Road, Jln 222.
but they only free arm rest(only for Auto), sterling lock, umbrella, leather cleaner, car number in window only...never mentioned abt seat massager....even nice car plate nid money, furthermore nid me go myself 2 register number plate... Sad
All Accentians, do u have experience like this ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group