Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advise for the first time car buyers ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

I think you have to floor the pedal more to get the power.

If my memory didn't failed me, the ground clearance of the bumper should be 150mm for GLS version. For RX-S is even lower coz they add in the front skirt, i think it is lower by 1/3 by the front skirt.

My house also same as you, got slope for the carporch entrance. I kena with my RX-S when i drive in the car porch at the first day. Crying or Very sad So i had reduce the slope by further add more road tar further away. The problem is solve and nothing happenned until today. Very Happy
noname wrote:
Thanks.

I already went for test drive last Saturday, so far they gave me the RX-S version for test drive where i want only GLS version. So far I satisfy with it but acceleration, not so powerful compare to manual, but still acceptable.

anyway, do anyone know what is the height fron front bumper to the floor?

bumper height until it reach to the floor? Anyone know? reason is because when going into my car porch, need to go down a slope...

so far, my friends waja trying to go into my car porch but her front bumper touches the ground and spoilt the whole bumper, crack. So need to change new.

Izit the bumper is same height with iswara bumper?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to drive up properly lor....with the RS-X models Wink
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No choice lo. Have to be good boy when driving through slopes, bumps and especially very bumpy road. Sad But its best to drive at highway. Smile
marky wrote:
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
I think you have to floor the pedal more to get the power.

If my memory didn't failed me, the ground clearance of the bumper should be 150mm for GLS version. For RX-S is even lower coz they add in the front skirt, i think it is lower by 1/3 by the front skirt.

My house also same as you, got slope for the carporch entrance. I kena with my RX-S when i drive in the car porch at the first day. Crying or Very sad So i had reduce the slope by further add more road tar further away. The problem is solve and nothing happenned until today. Very Happy

cool. how did you add the tar on your front porch area? need to get JKR to do it or you ask someone else to do it?

yesterday i just place the booking of accent, upgrade to 15" rim and added booster kit - RM399. so will get the car within 2 weeks time. *phew* Laughing
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:

isnt it, the additional kit will add the weight, thus reduce the pick-up speed?

just thinking only... one day you will feel bored to the skirting and spoiler... Very Happy
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

Just prolong the tar futher out from the porch entrance. There should be some indian contractor which do taring. Frankly, that day i cant find tar contractor. So i used cement to replace the tar. Wink
noname wrote:
cool. how did you add the tar on your front porch area? need to get JKR to do it or you ask someone else to do it?

yesterday i just place the booking of accent, upgrade to 15" rim and added booster kit - RM399. so will get the car within 2 weeks time. *phew* Laughing
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noname, the additional kit is made of fibreglass/plastic. The overall weight of the kit should be around 20-25kg. It won't effect the pickup but it will increase the car performance when running in high speed.
noname wrote:
marky wrote:

isnt it, the additional kit will add the weight, thus reduce the pick-up speed?

just thinking only... one day you will feel bored to the skirting and spoiler... Very Happy
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Just prolong the tar futher out from the porch entrance. There should be some indian contractor which do taring. Frankly, that day i cant find tar contractor. So i used cement to replace the tar. Wink

ic. im looking into it too but need some contractor to do it due to my auto-gate at my house. afraid later cement it, my door cannot open, thus need make a gap/hole for the gate to swing to the left/right.

ok. out of topic.

anyway, the bodykits look nice to me but i will feel bored when i keep on looking at it. so far on the road, i only managed to see cars... less than 10 cars. one of my neighbour just bought the RX-S version and park outside, not inside due to slope. ahahaha...
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

Its depend induvidual la. The RX-S is just recently launch around July, so its consider still new On the road.
Frankly, i personnal prefer RX-S. First time once see it already fall in love with it, can't stand of the attraction then go and buy for it. But its up to individual, some prefer sport and some prefer GLS type.
Anyway, welcome to becoming one of the Accentians member. Wink

noname wrote:
ic. im looking into it too but need some contractor to do it due to my auto-gate at my house. afraid later cement it, my door cannot open, thus need make a gap/hole for the gate to swing to the left/right.

ok. out of topic.

anyway, the bodykits look nice to me but i will feel bored when i keep on looking at it. so far on the road, i only managed to see cars... less than 10 cars. one of my neighbour just bought the RX-S version and park outside, not inside due to slope. ahahaha...
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Its depend induvidual la. The RX-S is just recently launch around July, so its consider still new On the road.
Frankly, i personnal prefer RX-S. First time once see it already fall in love with it, can't stand of the attraction then go and buy for it. But its up to individual, some prefer sport and some prefer GLS type.
Anyway, welcome to becoming one of the Accentians member. Wink

thanks. really depend to individual. the SA told me mostly the person who bought the RX-S version is single... havent married yet. Some guy and some lady Shocked ahahaha.

But overall, GLS still the prefer choice...
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

Izzit?? I still remember at my 1st service, one uncle whose is around 40 very admire RX-S and keep on looking on my car. We have a short chat and he told me that he feel abit regret that he buy so early. He said he should wait for some longer period then he could buy it. Shocked But he do tell Accent is a good car, so far no major problem for him. Wink
Till now i still only seen guys driving RX-S, still never seen any lady. Rolling Eyes If lady drive RX-S, she must be very Cool
noname wrote:
thanks. really depend to individual. the SA told me mostly the person who bought the RX-S version is single... havent married yet. Some guy and some lady Shocked ahahaha.

But overall, GLS still the prefer choice...
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Izzit?? I still remember at my 1st service, one uncle whose is around 40 very admire RX-S and keep on looking on my car. We have a short chat and he told me that he feel abit regret that he buy so early. He said he should wait for some longer period then he could buy it. Shocked But he do tell Accent is a good car, so far no major problem for him. Wink
Till now i still only seen guys driving RX-S, still never seen any lady. Rolling Eyes If lady drive RX-S, she must be very Cool

ahahaha. maybe the uncle see the car for the 1st time. after a while, might get bored of it. who knows?

as for the RX-S version, the SA told me is a young lady... should be around 20's... so go and spot them...
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

Honestly, he told me that he had bored with other RX-S standard colour but he attracted with my RX-S coz my colour is yellow. Cool But its really depends to individual. Some will like this and some will like that. Wink

Wah.. Did he tell you what colour the young girl buy? Pretty or not?? Twisted Evil So i can easily spot her out when i see the specified colour of RX-S. Twisted Evil
noname wrote:
KCKS wrote:

ahahaha. maybe the uncle see the car for the 1st time. after a while, might get bored of it. who knows?

as for the RX-S version, the SA told me is a young lady... should be around 20's... so go and spot them...
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Honestly, he told me that he had bored with other RX-S standard colour but he attracted with my RX-S coz my colour is yellow. Cool But its really depends to individual. Some will like this and some will like that. Wink

Wah.. Did he tell you what colour the young girl buy? Pretty or not?? Twisted Evil So i can easily spot her out when i see the specified colour of RX-S. Twisted Evil

oh. you getting the limited edition of yellow color. anyway, i duno what color is the young girl purchase. didnt bother to ask further... coz wife is around. ahahaha...
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a new Accent Reply with quote

According to my SA, KB is only manufactured out 2 Nos. of yellow colour for their management review. But because their management is elderly executives, so they decided not to start manufacturing this colour. I had driven this colour for 2 months already but till now never seen of the same colour of RX-S. So i call him up yesterday and also asking him of this matter. He told me that KB will only going to spary this colour if they received it in some minimum quantities. Till now he still not get any confirmation whether the management had change their mind to proceed this color or not. Wink So my one is still limited at the moment lo. Cool

Oh. Your wife around.. Better dun ask, if asked then Shocked Shocked from your wife already. Laughing
noname wrote:
oh. you getting the limited edition of yellow color. anyway, i duno what color is the young girl purchase. didnt bother to ask further... coz wife is around. ahahaha...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: