Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advise for the first time car buyers ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PBDHH
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Advise for the first time car buyers ... Reply with quote

Hello Accentians,

Its gonna be my first time buying a car and nevertheless i have choosen Accent as my primary choice. Im planning to purchase my car in December and i have some few queries which i would seek advice from all the Accentians Taikos and Sifus.

Last week, i test drove an accent auto and im currently im in a confused state wethere to get an auto or a manual accent. I mostly drive in city and can say outstaion as well (both 50-50).Can you ppl please advice me on which one should i go for.

My other queries are:-

1) I was advised by me SA to gor for the spoiler if i go for auto and dont get the spoiler if i go for manual due to of the shape.Whats the difference?

2)Shall i gor fo full accessories?

3) Any experience of people whom purchase their cars from Kah Bintang Ampang?

4) What are the common problems occur in accents?

Hope to receive a reply from all the expertiants here. Really sorry for troubling you ppl as this is my 1st time purchasing a car and i dont want to make any mistakes. As the wise ppl always says:-

"Prevention is better than cure..." Smile

Cheers,
Jagjit
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take the auto...very good in city driving and going uphill...and the spoiler is from kah bintang...it's not the original hyundai accent spoiler and somemore the rear light at the spoiler is a dummy one...i.e. non functional...accessories from kah bintang is low grade...my SA told me this

common problems...one only so far for me...high FC for the auto in city driving...but very economical in highway driving...more economical than my wira 1.5 manual
ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically 1st cons..is the high FC if you use the Auto,i'm using the Auto, but don't know how's the manual,bt i don't wan my leg patah..so still prefer auto even though most of the time i drive in the city.the spoiler look very dummy for the auto version, better not to take...the manual spoiler look more cool,bt can't put it in the auto version coz the factory don't allow them to do that(according my SA told me when i requested that)..bt if you looking for stability on highway,,i can tell..accent is much more stable and save fuel...compare to my old wira 1.5 auto also..bt as i said before the FC is very high when drive in city..u can feel the fuel idicator on the dashboard dropping when you drive expecially caught in the jam..bt overall i still feel is alright for me ...engine sound is a biit loud...bt...u can solve this by install the soundamper on it..i jz installed from the KB SC,..quite effective...bout 10 to 20% reduced...remember i installed the whole car..which is included the He So Vi...the soundamper install in the 4 doors...the leather seat worth to install...cost jz RM200++ bt the tint i don't really recommend..coz it doestn't come with 5 yrs warranty...bt according ..the SC ppl told me ..if your windscreen broke..the KB SC will replace the new tint...within the warranty period..bt if you install the tint outside..then u have install a new one..of course you have to pay for it..
overally i think accent is a economy car...in term of spare part...and service...item..think about long term...this car can save quite a lot of $$..anyway.that's all i can tell you at the moment...coz i jz drove my accent for about 2 weeks time...will update more...when i find out more.. Very Happy Embarassed
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Time buying a Car Reply with quote

PBDHH wrote:
Hello Accentians,

1) I was advised by me SA to gor for the spoiler if i go for auto and dont get the spoiler if i go for manual due to of the shape.Whats the difference?

2)Shall i gor fo full accessories?

3) Any experience of people whom purchase their cars from Kah Bintang Ampang?

4) What are the common problems occur in accents?

Cheers,
Jagjit

I am driving manual. My spoiler is without the dummy reflector light one. At first, i also dunwan spoiler, but after get it, i feel the car look more sporty with spoiler. Btw, my spoiler is free.. i manage to squeeze it from the dealer, you can try squeeze also.

Auto / Manual ? Depends lor.. i choose manual cuz i wan the experience of changing gear and pickup... feel like a F1 racer... haha... and more petrol saving.. although JAM will suffer.. but ok lor.. But still manual is more pickup power and petrol saving (if you don't press toooo hard)

mm.. i suggest u don't take full accessories.. like thus Tinted, Leather, xxx... cuz if u wan better quality.. go for outside one... but of cuz, better quality, better money u paid.. haha

common problems... i guess is the alarm for the new batch. U try check lock and unlock the car using alarm.. especially after u turn on ur engine and off it . Almost all new batch accent encounter this alarm problems.

FC actually is not very high.. of cuz can't compare with japanese car. But u need to remember that in terms of car body, our car metal is much more heavier than thus japanese or protong ... and the RIMS also quite heavy.. tht's y the FC is high. But so far.. for me... 100% city driving, rm30 can up to 240km...

mm.. another thing is.. the audio player, and the speaker system are low quality.. so if u got extra money and wanna enjoy... change it.. VDO player... tak boleh one... (skip tracks for pirated cd, sound quality poor, sensitive, not pretty appearance... no manual equalizer....)

tht's all i can think... but 1 advice for u....... 60k++ , IS WORTH ! think of the car safety (5 stars security cert), instead of the FC.. Excellent handling.. pickup so so... Quality interior design... but Rear seat is a bit compact..
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jagjit,
Welcome to the club and Accent family.

I've been driving my Accent Manual for almost 1 year already. I can tell you,
1) FC = pretty good for long distance driving. 3000rpm = 110km/h. Proton about 3300rpm - 3500rpm = 110km/h. Full tank (~40L) I can get about 460km - 475km on long distance while town driving around 450km - 460km. Pickup good and kick in fast when you need it. You have full control of the car speed and FC.

2) Try not to get those accessories/gadgets. Not worth buying as they supplied local/cheap products. You can buy better one's out there. Spoiler = will spoil your car (thats why its call spoiler Laughing)

3) 1st thing to do, change your tyres - if fitted with Goodyear Ducaro GA! Very noisy. Better to change to Michelin XM1. See if they can trade in for at least 60%.

4) As for CD Player & speaker, enjoy the warranty until 25,000km before you change to a better type. Recommended Pioneer.

5) Ask them to fit the sound damperner for you unless you're a DIY person.I can share with you.

6) Save up $ to buy a better alarm system.

Thats all from a Manual driver.
PBDHH
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Time buying a Car Reply with quote

Thank alot chkwong, ycsteven, wilson for sharing your ides with this newbie here Very Happy . By theway, how many colours does accent come with in the market...?
ycsteven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Time buying a Car Reply with quote

PBDHH wrote:
Thank alot chkwong, ycsteven, wilson for sharing your ides with this newbie here Very Happy . By theway, how many colours does accent come with in the market...?

well, the time i ordered there is only three colours to choose..rich gold,silver and forest jade(something like very dark colour,n the SA told me can change the colour under different lighting) and recently i fould out when i did my 1st service there r another colour, somthing like silver also bt with darker colour, hard to describe,better look at the real car.i don't know those dealers got this colour or not, bt for sure the KB at Jln Ipoh got this colour.. Smile
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Time buying a Car Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
PBDHH wrote:

well, the time i ordered there is only three colours to choose..rich gold,silver and forest jade(something like very dark colour,n the SA told me can change the colour under different lighting) and recently i fould out when i did my 1st service there r another colour, somthing like silver also bt with darker colour, hard to describe,better look at the real car.i don't know those dealers got this colour or not, bt for sure the KB at Jln Ipoh got this colour.. Smile

I believe the colour is called "Heather Mist", it's a slightly darker silver and according to my SA it's only available for Auto Transmission....I try to get this color for my manual but he phone back saying about this.
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Load approved Reply with quote

Yes finally my loan get approved and now waiting for my car to ready...Guys, should I wait until my car is ready then I sign for the hire purchase agreement? Or I can sign rite away?
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Load approved Reply with quote

odeon wrote:
Yes finally my loan get approved and now waiting for my car to ready...Guys, should I wait until my car is ready then I sign for the hire purchase agreement? Or I can sign rite away?

hi odeon,
my strongly suggestion is insist of checking the car before signing anything,check and check and check...the SA will say no problems one..check very careful..before sign Mad
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Load approved Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
odeon wrote:

hi odeon,
my strongly suggestion is insist of checking the car before signing anything,check and check and check...the SA will say no problems one..check very careful..before sign Mad

Thanks steve, I will not rush to sign the agreement before really get to know the car condition. Btw, what actually process should be go thru before I get the car..... anything I should aware of (warranty, terms....)
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odeon,
Please check your car manual with the car. It shld have everything as what is stated in the manual.

And start your car and let it run, rev it, on the radio loud etc...
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Odeon,
Please check your car manual with the car. It shld have everything as what is stated in the manual.

And start your car and let it run, rev it, on the radio loud etc...

Ha..ha.. then I should belanja my SA teh tarik and wait me to finished investigate all the car conditition and features as stated in the user manual... Razz Razz .... He might probably get 'geram' looking at me while I carefully examine the car in detail...like professor doing his paper.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah, don't have to care how's their face look like...even though they more worry then u, u always can cancel the booking anytime b4 u register the car.so make sure everything are good condition then only sign..and can ask more...freebie..according my experience..normally those dealer can give u more thing..and more option..so u can tell the SA directly...c wat the SA can offer u okay..bt remember..check..and check..n take ur time..
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this topic is, espically, created for those who are the first time car buyers (never buy the new car before)........pls post the questions here rather than other topic........all the experienced car owners here will help u even the very basic things......TQ Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: