Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECU Reprogramming - Tuning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far any AccentClub member did this? Question
_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
autosyn
Junior Member


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 131
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we did two accents two months ago but the owners said they are not from the club but the read the postings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ycsteven
Senior Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2004
Posts: 570
Location: Kajang

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autosyn wrote:
guys,

we are doing ECU tuning again this coming Saturday (10th), those interested to find out more feel free to drop by.

Venue: Damansara Intan, PJ
DAte: 10th June Saturday, from 11am to 6pm.
contact me at 012 2132889

The korean si fu will be coming.. so it will be a good time to do it.
how much will it cost to do the ECU tuning? and what is the effect after doing the tuning? Question Question
_________________
Music is my LIFE!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RXS5
Junior Member


Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 407
Location: Puchong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

autosyn wrote:
we did two accents two months ago but the owners said they are not from the club but the read the postings.


same question as steven... the cost and effect
...and will it void my warranty? my rx-s5 is new...
_________________
Enjoy today. It's a compliment from God.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

autosyn can correct me if wrong:

1. your warranty will be void if shits happens and KBSC found out.

2. the cost is RM9XX

3. effect is more responding (according to autosyn) when i did my visit twice there.

you justify. Wink
_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
autosyn
Junior Member


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 131
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit will not happen because the program is permanent. The warranty for mechanical parts is not linked to the ECU. KBSC won't find out as they cannot even detect the new ECU program with their diagnostic reader.

The effect you get is better acceleration, better torque and better horsepower. The car will rev cleanly to the redline and will not strain as much at high rpm. The engine will be smoother also. you can easily shave 1 sec off the 0-100km/h time.

The price is RM999 but if you guys come in a group we can offer you price at RM900.
If you guys are curious, we can program one car for you to test. Pay if you want to keep the program or we can remove it if you don't want to keep it. Simple as that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your car have faulty on electricity related like what i encountered last time, KBSC cannot even detect ECU program... Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

autosyn wrote:
Shit will not happen because the program is permanent. The warranty for mechanical parts is not linked to the ECU. KBSC won't find out as they cannot even detect the new ECU program with their diagnostic reader.

The effect you get is better acceleration, better torque and better horsepower. The car will rev cleanly to the redline and will not strain as much at high rpm. The engine will be smoother also. you can easily shave 1 sec off the 0-100km/h time.

The price is RM999 but if you guys come in a group we can offer you price at RM900.
If you guys are curious, we can program one car for you to test. Pay if you want to keep the program or we can remove it if you don't want to keep it. Simple as that.

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
autosyn
Junior Member


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 131
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
if your car have faulty on electricity related like what i encountered last time, KBSC cannot even detect ECU program... Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

autosyn wrote:
Shit will not happen because the program is permanent. The warranty for mechanical parts is not linked to the ECU. KBSC won't find out as they cannot even detect the new ECU program with their diagnostic reader.

The effect you get is better acceleration, better torque and better horsepower. The car will rev cleanly to the redline and will not strain as much at high rpm. The engine will be smoother also. you can easily shave 1 sec off the 0-100km/h time.

The price is RM999 but if you guys come in a group we can offer you price at RM900.
If you guys are curious, we can program one car for you to test. Pay if you want to keep the program or we can remove it if you don't want to keep it. Simple as that.


david, if your car got electrical problem the SC can still detect the fault using the diagnostic scan. The SC cannot detect the different program inside the ECU. the SC can read the condition of the car and the sensors readings. It does not control the ECU or read the ECU's program. It only reads the data that the sensors send to the ECU. By reading the sensor's data the SC can see which part of the car got problem. ECU program is a completely different thing. I think you need to read up more about ECU controls and how it works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
yanz
Junior Member


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autosync, any suggestion on where can we read an information about ECU?
_________________
1.5 RXS Auto Silver. Owned Feb 2006. Shell Super Helix. Mileage 8+++km. Michelin Energy XM1 180/60R14. No extra accessories. FC (Average) RM60.00 = 31.25L = 300km. 50% City Driving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
autosyn
Junior Member


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 131
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please check my website. it has all the details on what is tuned and what goes on for the tuning.

www.automotivesynergy.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
konzen
Junior Member


Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ECU Reprogramming - Tuning Reply with quote

david wrote:
Ok guys, as what highlighted from here
, there are few things about this ECU Programming despite of what autosyn has hightlighted about the ECU tuning back then.

1. We should had upgraded all hardware about our car before the tuning.

2. AutoSyn will read our current ECU reading but I am not too sure whether they will just upload the pre-program version of firmware that expected to be optimized or varies of each of us.

3. The ECU tuning abit expensive (to me) but yet relatively cheaper than piggyback ECU.

Where is the place?? and how much is it??
Here are some pictures taken during the visit:


The system reading the existing ECU settings.


Hyundai Trajet needs this extra device to be read because they are using old Mitsubishi ECU while our new Accent uses Bosch ECU.


Checking my vesion of ECU, too bad is not available because my ECU version abit odd, but still sourcable.


The OBD1 port of my car is the same port KBSC uses to connect to their readers.

Well, so far whether it works or not I can't elaborate much because I haven't tune mine, unless someone sponsor me lah... Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

autosyn,

to the extend of how many ppl in the group - entitled to discount RM900?

let's say if I do the ECU remapping, if I dont satisfy with the outcome, is it money guarantee back? how long is the grace-period to test it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
autosyn
Junior Member


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 131
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
autosyn,

to the extend of how many ppl in the group - entitled to discount RM900?

let's say if I do the ECU remapping, if I dont satisfy with the outcome, is it money guarantee back? how long is the grace-period to test it?


the grace period is 60 days. The discount is valid for all the members.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
konzen
Junior Member


Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

autosyn wrote:
noname wrote:
autosyn,

to the extend of how many ppl in the group - entitled to discount RM900?

let's say if I do the ECU remapping, if I dont satisfy with the outcome, is it money guarantee back? how long is the grace-period to test it?


the grace period is 60 days. The discount is valid for all the members.

60Days huh? get a turbo intsall at the same time they piggyback it
for memebers? wht members?
is it our club members?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

autosyn wrote:
noname wrote:
autosyn,

to the extend of how many ppl in the group - entitled to discount RM900?

let's say if I do the ECU remapping, if I dont satisfy with the outcome, is it money guarantee back? how long is the grace-period to test it?


the grace period is 60 days. The discount is valid for all the members.


any chance to give further discount? still expensive to all of us... RM900 for ECU remapping only... plus not 100% guarantee will save fuel.

i still puzzle. if increase in torque and performance/pickup, wont the FC = increase? how can the performance increase while FC is reduce? so far havent heard of it before...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group