Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECU Reprogramming - Tuning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
autosyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david,

just remember this... when someone says power on wheels, it means that the power is measured after going through gearbox.
If compare 100bhp on crank and 100 bhp on wheel, the 100bhp on wheel is more powerful.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noted.

autosyn wrote:
david,

just remember this... when someone says power on wheels, it means that the power is measured after going through gearbox.
If compare 100bhp on crank and 100 bhp on wheel, the 100bhp on wheel is more powerful.

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, about the ECU reprogramming, i have these concerns:

1. what is the stock and after tuned air/fuel ratio (both open and closed loop) of our car reading?

2. i wishes to see Dyno test result before and after tune, if possible.

3. the code of the reprogramming versus the stock ECU code, can show us the different? i hope is not code-to-code. Sad - sorry but alots of cone job in the market now, just to beware.
autosyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:

1. what is the stock and after tuned air/fuel ratio (both open and closed loop) of our car reading?

3. the code of the reprogramming versus the stock ECU code, can show us the different? i hope is not code-to-code. Sad - sorry but alots of cone job in the market now, just to beware.

david,

Even if you show you code you won't be able to read it. it is all just a bunch of numbers. You can see Dyno result if you pay for your own dyno run. We will not pay for dyno runs. It will do a lot of damage to your car's engine and gearbox. The stock air/fuel ratio is in the region of 11 to 11.5:1 which is rich. We will tune it to around 13:1 +/- 5%. We cannot put it at 14.7:1 because of the ambient temperature.

Don't worry about the con job. My partner Joey has already done more than 500 cars. If you don't believe you just look at the Hyundai Accent club site in Singapore. So many of them swear by it. What we can do is offer 1 car from you club to do the ECU tuning at RM750. The offer is on the condition that the member must tell the other members his feedback on the results.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks autosyn,

if the tuning make a 13:1 ratio of air/fuel, what about the fuel cut when the car in full throttle? does the programming does any change on that?

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

david,

Even if you show you code you won't be able to read it. it is all just a bunch of numbers. You can see Dyno result if you pay for your own dyno run. We will not pay for dyno runs. It will do a lot of damage to your car's engine and gearbox. The stock air/fuel ratio is in the region of 11 to 11.5:1 which is rich. We will tune it to around 13:1 +/- 5%. We cannot put it at 14.7:1 because of the ambient temperature.

Don't worry about the con job. My partner Joey has already done more than 500 cars. If you don't believe you just look at the Hyundai Accent club site in Singapore. So many of them swear by it. What we can do is offer 1 car from you club to do the ECU tuning at RM750. The offer is on the condition that the member must tell the other members his feedback on the results.

autosyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
thanks autosyn,

if the tuning make a 13:1 ratio of air/fuel, what about the fuel cut when the car in full throttle? does the programming does any change on that?

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

david,

fuel cut when full throttle? why would the fuel cut when it is full throttle? The fuel cut only happens for JApanese cars when the ECU limits the speed. Koreans don't do this to their cars. there will be a rev cut to prevent the car from over revving and damaging the engine.
the programming will change the fueling maps across the rpm range to balance out. Cannot just change the fuel map for one part of the rpm and not do it across the rpm range. it will be very uneven and the car won't be smooth.
autosyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david,

Don't get me wrong, but it appears that you are picking up bits and pieces of technical info from all over the place and some of it does not even apply to your car and some of it does not even apply at all!
I know you want to learn more but you must learn from the right sources.

First and foremost, the Hyundai Accent is based on a Mitsubishi platform. The engine is based on a Mitsubishi and other parts of the car is too. Some of the components are very similar to Protons and the Lancer. The bodyshell maybe different but the inner workings of the ECU is 90% a Mitsubishi. Hyundai took the engine many years ago and re-worked it by altering some parts.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the lengthy explanation and thus I knew Hyundai cars are from the same Mitsubishi family, and I ask about the fuel cut stuff.

Unless i had the wrong information about Mitsubishi is from Japan?

This is talking about ECU programming, if I am not clear what does the ECU programming is doing and whats the factors need to be considered, is a risk.

We might tuned it and the problem surface in the middle of the night and middle of nowhere... can you guaranteed the ECU tuning?

So, we should justify. Some people just trust and close their eyes do it. But not to me. It is more than just about the car, is our safety and life.

I hope you understand. If I am asking all these just to knock your sidewalls to learn, I would rather do a Google. Wink

autosyn wrote:
david,

Don't get me wrong, but it appears that you are picking up bits and pieces of technical info from all over the place and some of it does not even apply to your car and some of it does not even apply at all!

First and foremost, the Hyundai Accent is based on a Mitsubishi platform. The engine is based on a Mitsubishi and other parts of the car is too. Some of the components are very similar to Protons and the Lancer. The bodyshell maybe different but the inner workings of the ECU is 90% a Mitsubishi. Hyundai took the engine many years ago and re-worked it by altering some parts.

autosyn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
thanks for the lengthy explanation and thus I knew Hyundai cars are from the same Mitsubishi family, and I ask about the fuel cut stuff.

This is talking about ECU programming, if I am not clear what does the ECU programming is doing and whats the factors need to be considered, is a risk.

We might tuned it and the problem surface in the middle of the night and middle of nowhere... can you guaranteed the ECU tuning?

So, we should justify. Some people just trust and close their eyes do it. But not to me. It is more than just about the car, is our safety and life.

I hope you understand. If I am asking all these just to knock your sidewalls to learn, I would rather do a Google. Wink

autosyn wrote:
david,

Ok, ECU tuning if it is done via the OBDII port is very safe as the ECU will not allow us to over program the system. We can only work within the limits of the engine. The program is not something like windows where it will corrupt. The ECU's management system cannot be easily written over and will not corrupt unless water goes in. The direct ECU tuning is the safest way to get more power from your engine.

Cars imported from japan and japanese cars locally assembled are different. locally assembled jap cars follow local rules and japanese cars in japan for japanese law. in japan the cars are limited to 180km/h because of law. We are not. so if u buy a mitsubishi frm Msia it will go faster than the jap import version for the same car.

you should go read up on ECUTEK or similar articles on the internet. this is the closest to what we do.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

autosyn wrote:
david,

Ok, ECU tuning if it is done via the OBDII port is very safe as the ECU will not allow us to over program the system. We can only work within the limits of the engine. The program is not something like windows where it will corrupt. The ECU's management system cannot be easily written over and will not corrupt unless water goes in. The direct ECU tuning is the safest way to get more power from your engine.

Cars imported from japan and japanese cars locally assembled are different. locally assembled jap cars follow local rules and japanese cars in japan for japanese law. in japan the cars are limited to 180km/h because of law. We are not. so if u buy a mitsubishi frm Msia it will go faster than the jap import version for the same car.

you should go read up on ECUTEK or similar articles on the internet. this is the closest to what we do.

autosyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys,

My partner Joey will be in KL next Saturday (15th) for the ECU tuning. Please drop by if you are interested to learn more about the ECU tuning for your car. It is a no obligation visit. You are welcome just to come to ask questions or find out more about it.

Time: from 11am to 6pm, 15th April Saturday.

If you need directions: call me 012 2132889. I will try to arrange to bring my Accent for you guys to try out.
hcgui
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interested in this tuning but sadly my car is in Kuching. Crying or Very sad
autosyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys,

my korean engineer partner from Hyundai Motorsports will be coming to KL this Saturday for ECU tuning on several cars. This is one of his visits to KL, he only comes twice a year or under special conditions.

this is the best time for you guys to meet him and also find out more about your car. If you guys are interested to do ECU tuning, he will be doing the work himself. Don't miss this opportunity. He is Joey's sifu!!

He currently works in the Hyundai rally team.

Venue: Damansara Intan, PJ
DAte: 15th April Saturday, from 11am to 6pm.
contact me at 012 2132889
autosyn

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys,

we are doing ECU tuning again this coming Saturday (20th), those interested to find out more feel free to drop by.

DAte: 20th May Saturday, from 11am to 6pm.
autosyn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys,

we are doing ECU tuning again this coming Saturday (10th), those interested to find out more feel free to drop by.

DAte: 10th June Saturday, from 11am to 6pm.

The korean si fu will be coming.. so it will be a good time to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: