Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NGV Anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: NGV Anyone? Reply with quote

Since the price hike of 30C per litre of petrol, some of my college suggested the conversion to NGV for cost saving measures. Confused

May I know any of our accentians converted to NGV? Is there any cons that after the conversion aside from less pickup?
Is it worth?
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
claooigt
Junior Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 122
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is NGV?
Mind to explain a bit? Rolling Eyes
_________________
--GT--
Accent RX-S 1.5 (AT) Owner since Feb 2006
Volker Iridium 6ZX-11 (RM250)
K&N Air Filter (RM300)
FC: 38liters = 300KM
100% City Drive (Penang)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NGV = Natural Gas Vehicle or CNG = Compressed Natural Gas
Priced a litre = RM0.68 compared to our petrol wayyyy low...
Most of the taxi in Klang converted to NGV
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
johnjenin
General Member


Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 80
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you want to convert to NGV??? i would do that if there is NGV oil station in Penang and Kedah....
_________________
Lets Not Just Kick Racism Out Of Football, Lets Kick Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson and Silvestre out as well..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnjenin wrote:
you want to convert to NGV??? i would do that if there is NGV oil station in Penang and Kedah....


There is one NVG station in front of my factory. Prai industrial area 1, Mainland. Main Petronas Office & station.

No NGV Station in Island though..... Sad

I'm also staying in Island
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rivaldo
Junior Member


Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 127

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, if anyone who tested the NGV fuel system. Please voice here.

I was thinking to do so as well. Save alot. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
johnjenin
General Member


Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 80
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 4.4 billion ringgit save from increasing 30sen of petrol price..they should build second bridge to penang island...the traffic is quit bad...

then it would be easier for me to go NGV gas station at mainland...

anyone want to be guinea pig for this NGV project??

_________________
Lets Not Just Kick Racism Out Of Football, Lets Kick Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson and Silvestre out as well..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnjenin wrote:
With 4.4 billion ringgit save from increasing 30sen of petrol price..they should build second bridge to penang island...the traffic is quit bad...

then it would be easier for me to go NGV gas station at mainland...

anyone want to be guinea pig for this NGV project??


Penang infra is actually behind. Check the penang website.
- Penang bridge is suppose to expand to 3 lane in year 1997
- LRT is suppose to start in year 2004
etc it is well planned but not well commenced.

Can we all be a group of guiney pigs? Wink I know a shop in Prai that is authorized on the conversion. Will try to get a quote and ask for more discount if more people together. Laughing
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bhtan78
General Member


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on NGV Rolling Eyes
_________________
bh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a verbal quote from the shop owner
Cost is about
RM4300 for 12L tank - RM8 of NGV
RM4600 for 15L Tank - RM10 of NGV
RM4900 for 18L tank - RM12 of NGV
More accurate price need to check our accent 1st
May give some minor discount ~RM100-RM150 if we have a group conversion
*Price inclusive of JPJ approval
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the breakeven?

accentmaniac wrote:
Just got a verbal quote from the shop owner
Cost is about
RM4300 for 12L tank - RM8 of NGV
RM4600 for 15L Tank - RM10 of NGV
RM4900 for 18L tank - RM12 of NGV
More accurate price need to check our accent 1st
May give some minor discount ~RM100-RM150 if we have a group conversion
*Price inclusive of JPJ approval

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
what is the breakeven?

accentmaniac wrote:
Just got a verbal quote from the shop owner
Cost is about
RM4300 for 12L tank - RM8 of NGV
RM4600 for 15L Tank - RM10 of NGV
RM4900 for 18L tank - RM12 of NGV
More accurate price need to check our accent 1st
May give some minor discount ~RM100-RM150 if we have a group conversion
*Price inclusive of JPJ approval


It all based on the distance you travel.
Mine of 3000km per month ROI is 1.25 year
- NGV = RM0.68 / litre
- consumption slightly higher than our petrol
eg with petrol = 8.5L/100km, with NGV ~ 9.0L/100km
Petrol = 8.5L*RM1.92*3000/100 = RM489.60/month
NGV = 9.0L*RM0.68*3000/100 = RM183.60/month
Cost saved per month = RM306
ROI = RM4600/306 = 15months = 1.25 year Laughing Very Happy
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM4600 divides by RM1.92/litre will get ~2396litre of petrol.

2396litre/30litre which i always pump in, will give me ~80pumps.

If i pump 4 times per month then i will have 20 months to pumps that amount of petrol.

20 months = 1 year and 8 months.

If I goto NGV, then i need to pay RM4800 upfront + 1 year 8 months to NGV @ RM0.68/litre of NGV will cost me RM1632, which totals of RM6432 in the first 20 months?

Razz

accentmaniac wrote:
david wrote:
what is the breakeven?

accentmaniac wrote:
Just got a verbal quote from the shop owner
Cost is about
RM4300 for 12L tank - RM8 of NGV
RM4600 for 15L Tank - RM10 of NGV
RM4900 for 18L tank - RM12 of NGV
More accurate price need to check our accent 1st
May give some minor discount ~RM100-RM150 if we have a group conversion
*Price inclusive of JPJ approval


It all based on the distance you travel.
Mine of 3000km per month ROI is 1.25 year
- NGV = RM0.68 / litre
- consumption slightly higher than our petrol
eg with petrol = 8.5L/100km, with NGV ~ 9.0L/100km
Petrol = 8.5L*RM1.92*3000/100 = RM489.60/month
NGV = 9.0L*RM0.68*3000/100 = RM183.60/month
Cost saved per month = RM306
ROI = RM4600/306 = 15months = 1.25 year Laughing Very Happy

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dobt you can have only 4 pumps per months
7-8 pumps per months will be more realistic unless you use your car to travel only 50km per day....
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bingo, i ran 60km per day... the most is 5 pump per month.

accentmaniac wrote:
I dobt you can have only 4 pumps per months
7-8 pumps per months will be more realistic unless you use your car to travel only 50km per day....

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group