Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel Consumption @RM1.80 RON97
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i'am the hawker and been intervied by the trade minister or the newspaper I will simply said "The price of a bowl of noodle of RM3.50 still cheap when comparing with other asian countries" hehehe... Laughing

jojoyuki wrote:
Last night read the news that since petrol went up $0.30, gas went up $4.20, now all hawkers stall food specially noodle each bowl also hit up additional RM0.30. *speechless*
metalichubby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello kawan, Thailand is better if you were to compared it to Indonesia, but heck in Medan, Vios is the taxi!

Anyway, I'm still pissed off with the petrol hike. My tank was nearly empty today so I went to refuelled. Guess how much I have to pay, RM74++! Normally if the same situation, it does not exceed RM70 not even reach RM70.

So angry lor I feel like kicking people. Now have lots of work to do, so short of time, tomorrow have to travel back to my parents in Jitra. I'm going to blow my fuse la.

If not because of my parents are still around, I would have migrated elsewhere. They said the petrol cost more in other country like UK and US, but their annual income r much higher and better services. bukan tak patriotik, but why should I be patriotic if patriotism is actually to make the cronies, politicians and other related ppl richer while the vast middle income ppl like me and the poor have to suffer.

the government have to be very carefull, because if the fuel price gets higher and higher, we might end up like Indonesia in 1997. riots and killings everywhere. Desperate ppl do unthinkable things you know.
some people just need to be recycled
http://www.teamhyundaimalaysia.com/
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi metalichubby, please do not create tension among all... we always hope to the best of all.

i admit that the government has to make some cruel decisions, in fact almost all decisions are meant to be exploited by these cronies, good 4 nothing **** people, but we also need to take into considerations that running a country is like having millions of children under your hood. how could we make everyone happy?

well, i am not pro to government but i think for whatever thiings happening there shall be a reason, only up to us to judge whether the reasons are acceptable or otherwise... agree? Rolling Eyes

metalichubby wrote:
hello kawan, Thailand is better if you were to compared it to Indonesia, but heck in Medan, Vios is the taxi!

Anyway, I'm still pissed off with the petrol hike. My tank was nearly empty today so I went to refuelled. Guess how much I have to pay, RM74++! Normally if the same situation, it does not exceed RM70 not even reach RM70.

So angry lor I feel like kicking people. Now have lots of work to do, so short of time, tomorrow have to travel back to my parents in Jitra. I'm going to blow my fuse la.

If not because of my parents are still around, I would have migrated elsewhere. They said the petrol cost more in other country like UK and US, but their annual income r much higher and better services. bukan tak patriotik, but why should I be patriotic if patriotism is actually to make the cronies, politicians and other related ppl richer while the vast middle income ppl like me and the poor have to suffer.

the government have to be very carefull, because if the fuel price gets higher and higher, we might end up like Indonesia in 1997. riots and killings everywhere. Desperate ppl do unthinkable things you know.

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
hi metalichubby, please do not create tension among all... we always hope to the best of all.

i admit that the government has to make some cruel decisions, in fact almost all decisions are meant to be exploited by these cronies, good 4 nothing **** people, but we also need to take into considerations that running a country is like having millions of children under your hood. how could we make everyone happy?

well, i am not pro to government but i think for whatever thiings happening there shall be a reason, only up to us to judge whether the reasons are acceptable or otherwise... agree? Rolling Eyes

agreed with you on this point. read the newspaper today and you will understand why government increase the price...
metalichubby

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about pleasing the masses instead of a certain quarter for a change. some of the decisions only appeal to a certain group.

I know eventually the petrol price will get up, but if they do it staggerdly, people will still feel the pinch, but they will learn to adjust it to the next hike.

However, when you do it so drastically, it's not like a pinch anymore. It's more like a slap smack on your face!

I have to travel most of the time, unlike some people who only go to work and comes back. as for the previous fuel price, my mileage exceeded the allowance. As for now, I just don't want to think. No matter what I still have to go out. I'm sure people in the sales would have the same problem. For those whose company providing them with company car, it's not too bad. But for those who have to use their own vehicle, that is too much.

some people said the government servants' salary is cheaper than us in the private sector, but still their mileage allowance is RM0.60. try compare that with my RM0.40 per kilometer!

It's still in the beginning of the year, mind you. So I'm sceptic with the promise there will be no price hike before next year.

David, it is not my intention to create havoc. This is a discussion, and as for discussion in question, everybody should take things with pinch of salts.

noname, I think people should differenciate between politician and government. It's so disturbing to think some people still have in their mind politician IS the government.

government is a elected body by the masses. back to my point up there, since they are the elected body, don't you think they should pleased the masses who elected them. and for all that matter, those middle income and the poor are the one who elected them to the position anyway.

noname wrote:
david wrote:

agreed with you on this point. read the newspaper today and you will understand why government increase the price...

some people just need to be recycled
http://www.teamhyundaimalaysia.com/
yanz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newspaper..? anybody could claim anything.. only for those who have been to oversea or brilliant know something went wrong... What I know, only Magnum 4D is correct in newspaper.. heheh.. Laughing
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

points taken metalichubby and yanz. Wink
yanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 30L @ RM1.92 = ~370KM

wow.. david.. is it 100% highway..?

My FC the moment, everyday, 40km highway 40km city. (go and back from office) FC --> RM60.00 = 31.25L = 300km Question
fabho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
whoa... guys... way out of topic... thought of discussing fuel stuff and end up blaming one another... Very Happy

no one to blame too. in fact, if the "G" didnt subsidized us, the price could be easily RM2.xx per litre. look at S'pore, they paying the price full...

so dun think so negative about it... be happy ok.

Noname that is not true, singapore is cheaper than us now, they are only paying S$1.70. If u calculate dollar to dollar they are cheaper than us. Soon malaysia will be highest in this region.
fabho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojoyuki wrote:
Malaysians should change their lifestyle and adapt to the inevitable fuel price increase, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said. The Deputy Prime Minister said Malaysians should become more prudent in their spending and ensure there was no wastage. <<<<Utterly BULLSHIT!!!!

read more here
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/3/2/nation/13548323&sec=nation&focus=1

You got it rite there! this guy no nothing about hard life. He has never live a hard life before. Ask him to take a pay cut of 90% and see if he can survive or not.
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now in New Zealand, Auckland...company send me over here for couple of months...

Car price here...damn cheap less than NZD 30k can get a brand new Honda Civic 2006 model. Hyundai cars even cheaper, full ABS, TC, airbags spec somemore. Ppl park cars without locking cars. Not afraid being stolen. Car so cheap, who wants to steal. My colleage here in NZ park his car with windows open!

Fuel price = cheaper, fluctate at market, about NZD 1.47/litre.

Income tax ok...at the rate of about 30-39%.

Income, dollar to dollar same as Malaysian.

Rental house/flat = same.

Average engineer income = same, some field like telco higher.

House price = same.

At dollar to dollar comparison (meaning NZD 1.00 = MYR 1.00), things are blardy cheap in NZ even with the high tax.

Treatment in public service = way way way way above KL. Bus are clean and powerful. Got electronic timer signboard showing when the next bus going to arrive. Some got announcement if the bus going to arrive in less than 5 mins. Street maps are easy to understand, not like KL bus maps.

Taxi = better ride than KL, same rate.

Food = serving size almost twice, price is about twice. Ate fried yong chow rice, serving size like almost 3 person. Hardly finish half.

Weather = nice clean air. Sunny blue skies. I mean blue sky like in the movies, no haze.

Malaysia boleh!
jojoyuki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, just being contented liao..
nothing much can do..complain also useless, this fellow always big mouth talk crap one lah...only we know how suffering we are in our life..

fabho wrote:
jojoyuki wrote:
Malaysians should change their lifestyle and adapt to the inevitable fuel price increase, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said. The Deputy Prime Minister said Malaysians should become more prudent in their spending and ensure there was no wastage. <<<<Utterly BULLSHIT!!!!

read more here
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/3/2/nation/13548323&sec=nation&focus=1

You got it rite there! this guy no nothing about hard life. He has never live a hard life before. Ask him to take a pay cut of 90% and see if he can survive or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:
Noname that is not true, singapore is cheaper than us now, they are only paying S$1.70. If u calculate dollar to dollar they are cheaper than us. Soon malaysia will be highest in this region.

yes, i know about it. i dont convert the currency n then compare it... just like what m'sia been doing now... comparing to US,S'PORE n etc... this is wrong.

they should compare dollar to dollar. what i mean it... althought now the price already fixed, we cant do anything but to obey...

soon afterward, all ppl will forget about the increase price. just need to adapt to new environment.

for me, i belief the increase of the fuel price doesnt impact much for medium/high income people. is only impact on low income people or those ppl who travel very often for business such as salesman... they will have the difficulty.

anyway, just opinion. since it already happen, just accept it. nowadays, many ppl is taking alternate medium to go to work, such as LRT.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, almost 100% highway LDP. actually no matter what price, I still pump 30 litre to monitor the mileage. we shall use L/km calculation instead of price.

yanz wrote:
First 30L @ RM1.92 = ~370KM

wow.. david.. is it 100% highway..?

My FC the moment, everyday, 40km highway 40km city. (go and back from office) FC --> RM60.00 = 31.25L = 300km Question

yanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mod.. off topic.. what is that volker?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: