Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear Break
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yasin
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Rear Break Reply with quote

I'm looking to upgrade rear break that suitable with accent,a mechanic from service centre suggest me to look for elentra rear break disk from kedai potong.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elantra rear disk brake set so big. Can fit or not into the Accent rear brake system?
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiya.....change the rims only lor...if not elantra rear disc brakes will touch the 14" accent rims.....

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
chkwong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was also looking for the Elantra 15" rims to be fit onto my Accent. Got lubang?
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about rear disc brake for Accent?
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chop shop would only have older versions lar, new ones im not sure where to get 2nd hand. unless u wan order from KB itself? rims go for BSA Teot- the ednge of technology..cheapest of the mid range products

chkwong wrote:
Oh, I was also looking for the Elantra 15" rims to be fit onto my Accent. Got lubang?

david wrote:
how about rear disc brake for Accent?

GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15" rims use aftermarket one loh, looks nicer somemore. Why need to find only elantra one?

For accent rear disk brakes, yes it can be fitted wif elantra one. And it's not as big as u all think la. The stock accent rims also can fit in. If elantra front only cannot. Also since our accent is running on independent suspensions, can also use different car models diskbrakes not only elantra. Even waja also can. Easier to find & cheaper somemore.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dun trust anything proton....gimme free i will take, and give whoever else who needs it....got the cash, can do watever i want mar.....hehe....

chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proton? No thanks. Free also I don't want. I had enough of headaches with it many years ago.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah yeah....fit for the car graveyard, out from factory, back in it so soon.....wkakakak

chkwong wrote:
Proton? No thanks. Free also I don't want. I had enough of headaches with it many years ago.

GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, for proton engines & accesories cannot be trusted much la. But for the rear disk brake is ok one, is same like other cars. We only need the calipers & knuckle only. For the brake pads we need to buy a new set, wif our own $$. Hence u think the brakes can just plug & play into our accent once purchase from the chopshop?? Impossible as it's so rusty ( chopshop condition mah, every brakes also like this one not only proton). Still need to send it to machine shop to skim those brakes till it's functional again. Now those are also ur hidden costs. Or does anyone here who has a better way to do so??
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same idea......hmmm, dunno la.....i rather buy new pair...i like new branded items...chop shop too damaging to my image....

GHOST wrote:
Yeah, for proton engines & accesories cannot be trusted much la. But for the rear disk brake is ok one, is same like other cars. We only need the calipers & knuckle only. For the brake pads we need to buy a new set, wif our own $$. Hence u think the brakes can just plug & play into our accent once purchase from the chopshop?? Impossible as it's so rusty ( chopshop condition mah, every brakes also like this one not only proton). Still need to send it to machine shop to skim those brakes till it's functional again. Now those are also ur hidden costs. Or does anyone here who has a better way to do so??

yasin
General Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found a pair of new mitshubishi lancer 1.8 rear brake system cost RM800 including installation, but the mechanic afraid to install it because they do not have experience in upgrading hyundai car.Is it fair for me to buy it or regret for this hot stuff.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do more research on Accent rear suspension specification first before commit, otherwise big issue later.

yasin wrote:
i found a pair of new mitshubishi lancer 1.8 rear brake system cost RM800 including installation, but the mechanic afraid to install it because they do not have experience in upgrading hyundai car.Is it fair for me to buy it or regret for this hot stuff.

wmy1840
General Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Break Reply with quote

yasin wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade rear break that suitable with accent,a mechanic from service centre suggest me to look for elentra rear break disk from kedai potong.
Bro...I got this information from my friends...Kta dwg, Hyundai80% guna parts Mitsu, so dwg kata, waja leh msuk tp still kene modi skit...tuh biasalah tuh...I also want to put disc break...I will servey at any halfcut and ask them....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: