Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open POD Air Filter.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chejeff
General Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
what is the RM500 comprises off?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
is your car is MT?

you can check out many car accessories or mod shop, depends on which brand of air induction kit, some 3" some 2.5", depends.

chejeff wrote:
anyone could share on how to DIY open pod for our accent?

3'' or 2.5'' to fit in?

what item needed?


yes my car is MT. Went to Speeworks last few days. Quoting me to nearly RM500. So darn expensive.

Have any good performance workshop to recommend? or RM 500 is reasonable?


K & N filter. 3'' I guess and piping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be more or less that price. K&N filter normal price is about RM300. plus piping, the universal connector and labour. you went to SW 223? whom did you get the quote from?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
what is the RM500 comprises off?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
is your car is MT?

you can check out many car accessories or mod shop, depends on which brand of air induction kit, some 3" some 2.5", depends.

chejeff wrote:
anyone could share on how to DIY open pod for our accent?

3'' or 2.5'' to fit in?

what item needed?


yes my car is MT. Went to Speeworks last few days. Quoting me to nearly RM500. So darn expensive.

Have any good performance workshop to recommend? or RM 500 is reasonable?


K & N filter. 3'' I guess and piping

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chejeff
General Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
Should be more or less that price. K&N filter normal price is about RM300. plus piping, the universal connector and labour. you went to SW 223? whom did you get the quote from?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
what is the RM500 comprises off?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
is your car is MT?

you can check out many car accessories or mod shop, depends on which brand of air induction kit, some 3" some 2.5", depends.

chejeff wrote:
anyone could share on how to DIY open pod for our accent?

3'' or 2.5'' to fit in?

what item needed?


yes my car is MT. Went to Speeworks last few days. Quoting me to nearly RM500. So darn expensive.

Have any good performance workshop to recommend? or RM 500 is reasonable?


K & N filter. 3'' I guess and piping


i got it from Eugene...

ANyway.. I just got it done at Kakimotor today....

Now my next thing to worry is that... it is sucking in hot air coz our accent do not have any place for us to put in CAI. Event the technician at kakimotor said it's difficult to put also..Any sugggestion?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much kakimotor charge you?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
Should be more or less that price. K&N filter normal price is about RM300. plus piping, the universal connector and labour. you went to SW 223? whom did you get the quote from?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
what is the RM500 comprises off?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
is your car is MT?

you can check out many car accessories or mod shop, depends on which brand of air induction kit, some 3" some 2.5", depends.

chejeff wrote:
anyone could share on how to DIY open pod for our accent?

3'' or 2.5'' to fit in?

what item needed?


yes my car is MT. Went to Speeworks last few days. Quoting me to nearly RM500. So darn expensive.

Have any good performance workshop to recommend? or RM 500 is reasonable?


K & N filter. 3'' I guess and piping


i got it from Eugene...

ANyway.. I just got it done at Kakimotor today....

Now my next thing to worry is that... it is sucking in hot air coz our accent do not have any place for us to put in CAI. Event the technician at kakimotor said it's difficult to put also..Any sugggestion?

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chejeff
General Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
how much kakimotor charge you?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
Should be more or less that price. K&N filter normal price is about RM300. plus piping, the universal connector and labour. you went to SW 223? whom did you get the quote from?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
what is the RM500 comprises off?

chejeff wrote:
david wrote:
is your car is MT?

you can check out many car accessories or mod shop, depends on which brand of air induction kit, some 3" some 2.5", depends.

chejeff wrote:
anyone could share on how to DIY open pod for our accent?

3'' or 2.5'' to fit in?

what item needed?


yes my car is MT. Went to Speeworks last few days. Quoting me to nearly RM500. So darn expensive.

Have any good performance workshop to recommend? or RM 500 is reasonable?


K & N filter. 3'' I guess and piping


i got it from Eugene...

ANyway.. I just got it done at Kakimotor today....

Now my next thing to worry is that... it is sucking in hot air coz our accent do not have any place for us to put in CAI. Event the technician at kakimotor said it's difficult to put also..Any sugggestion?


-K & N Filter - RM 230
-Piping - RM 100
-Silicon - RM 40
-Labor - RM 30
Total = RM 400
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow very good price. which kakimotor branch you went?

chejeff wrote:

-K & N Filter - RM 230
-Piping - RM 100
-Silicon - RM 40
-Labor - RM 30
Total = RM 400

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chejeff
General Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
wow very good price. which kakimotor branch you went?

chejeff wrote:

-K & N Filter - RM 230
-Piping - RM 100
-Silicon - RM 40
-Labor - RM 30
Total = RM 400


Sunway
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoCkie
Junior Member


Joined: 23 May 2005
Posts: 210
Location: Subang Jaya

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah chejeff.... envy u lar.... i oso want to install open pod oso... the job done in kakimotors sunway nice onot?

any improvements? comments?

feels like wanna pop ur accent hood and check out yoh.... Twisted Evil
_________________
Hyundai Accent 1.5 RX-S MT (Silver)
Accent owner: June 2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear in mind that open pod will give more power but higher FC. Wink
_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chejeff
General Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
bear in mind that open pod will give more power but higher FC. Wink


after putting the open pod, better pick up and sound loud on high rev. FC wise, not really increase to the point that alarming.. but still acceptable.

workmanship wise, i would say good and service given by their supervisor also not bad(don't have his name)

overall is great... juz that they charge a bit more pricey(some item) compare to others.... good things is, they still give us some room to negotiate the price
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coolest_dw
General Member


Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 33
Location: pj

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hei guys..i jes put a new air filter...made out of carbon fibre...its neither drop in or open pod Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse me, neither drop in or open pod? :confused

do you have a pic of that?

coolest_dw wrote:
hei guys..i jes put a new air filter...made out of carbon fibre...its neither drop in or open pod Very Happy

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
coolest_dw
General Member


Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 33
Location: pj

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sori i dun haf Razz ..but u all come for tt la...then we can c all ur cars ma...always tt 4-5 ppl go oni..sian la
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what is the reason? well, first of all, everyone late... then have to goto Cheras so far... Confused

coolest_dw wrote:
sori i dun haf Razz ..but u all come for tt la...then we can c all ur cars ma...always tt 4-5 ppl go oni..sian la

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
coolest_dw
General Member


Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 33
Location: pj

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...we can always find a time that suits everybody and a day..place mayb we meet somwhere in the mid of everyplace... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group