Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lowering Spring For ACCENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quahet75
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
I have just joined this forum, but my baby Accent is almost 3 yr old already. Read the forum for many times already, so decided to join all of you! Very Happy

P/S : Does anyone know where I can find Eibach coil spring for my Accent in Setapak area? Thinking of changing. Thanks!
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quahet75 wrote:
Dear all,
I have just joined this forum, but my baby Accent is almost 3 yr old already. Read the forum for many times already, so decided to join all of you! Very Happy

P/S : Does anyone know where I can find Eibach coil spring for my Accent in Setapak area? Thinking of changing. Thanks!

u can refer to member named clkwa. btw tunite got yam cha, wanna join?

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
quahet75
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply, just came back from Melaka. Thanks for your info, I will check with clkwa.
BTW, I have changed the rims to 15" KII rims just recently, before that already changed to 15" rims. Front tyres using Silverstone Synergy M5, while rear tyres using Dunlop Formula D01. Used to have Silverstone FTZ Sport as rear tyres, but lately they became very noisy. So, changed them to Dunlop tyres.
Last time when I travelled to Raub with my colleagues (3 of them sitting at the back) in my car, I can hear the sound of rear tyres hitting the fender when I drove >80km/h on uneven road. If I changed to Eibach springs, will it help?
clkwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using eibach spring will help abit..but bare in mind that eibach will lower ur car by an inch. Its stiffer than normal spring. but absorber also play an important role. i think it is not a problem.
quahet75
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
clkwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another things is to adjust the camber, so that it toe in so it will minimise ur wheel hitting the fender. If the camber is toe out than its a bigger possibility of hitting it. Last time i install eibach spring and Koni absorber and i changed to 16inches no problem. do not toe in too much normal is only 0.5 max. unless track car than it can go up to 1.5 degree or more. 0.5 is consider ok most of the car also toe in. If toe in also need to rotate ur tyre and must check more often.

Mind recently adjusted out cost i went to check my car the service guy adjusted the camber nut and the rim toe out. it didnt hit my fender until it was loaded than if kena. Hopes all these informations helps you in you decision.

I'm using Coilover suspension now. D2 actually wanted to sell but no one wants it so i install it back to my car. adjusted the camber to toe in at 0.5 both front and back. My car is not sitting much lower. Its just slightly 2 fingers. Just to share with you my setup. Cheers dude.
quahet75
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info! Cheers! Laughing
sharirm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there s also a taiwan coil spring, lowering the accent ~2 inch, ~rm550 include installing.
warranty 5 years, hehehehe, donno what brand la. Embarassed
ropai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clkwa wrote:
Another things is to adjust the camber, so that it toe in so it will minimise ur wheel hitting the fender. If the camber is toe out than its a bigger possibility of hitting it. Last time i install eibach spring and Koni absorber and i changed to 16inches no problem. do not toe in too much normal is only 0.5 max. unless track car than it can go up to 1.5 degree or more. 0.5 is consider ok most of the car also toe in. If toe in also need to rotate ur tyre and must check more often.

Mind recently adjusted out cost i went to check my car the service guy adjusted the camber nut and the rim toe out. it didnt hit my fender until it was loaded than if kena. Hopes all these informations helps you in you decision.

I'm using Coilover suspension now. D2 actually wanted to sell but no one wants it so i install it back to my car. adjusted the camber to toe in at 0.5 both front and back. My car is not sitting much lower. Its just slightly 2 fingers. Just to share with you my setup. Cheers dude.

you mean negative camber 0.5 degrees front and back (top side closer than bottom side)?
or toe-in (front side of tires closer than rear side) 0.5 degrees?

I'm a bit confused, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: