Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Accent Not Yet Selling Like Hot Cakes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Why Accent Not Yet Selling Like Hot Cakes? Reply with quote

Since after seen through all cars available in the market with the same range as Accent -- 1.5L capacity, I found that in terms of specs and value for money Accent should also consider money worth.

Now, the question is -- why not yet selling like hot cakes?

What is your opinion?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human Mentality - Hyundai cars no 2nd hand value etc.

Can't help it when people still think that way.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyundai korean car mar....in the market japanese cars are making money....alot of bad mouthing too, so accent not hot cake yet, but give it 6 months time lar....
becos its also competing wif proton,perodua and others
budgetwise the car is damn worth the money...its just ppl dont see it...

resell value depends on wat model and year of purchase, best to trade in than to sell to 2nd hand car lot...can get higher value....

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about no second hand value, that is true for now. Its that same "bad thoughts" that the market has remained to secure low theft rate of Hyundai cars.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, 2nd value market is base on the demand of the car and the quality it has from the point of purchase. It has nothing to do with theft rates etc.
david wrote:
Talking about no second hand value, that is true for now. Its that same "bad thoughts" that the market has remained to secure low theft rate of Hyundai cars.

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I mean is the market demand is low, so no thief wanna steal Accent.

marky wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, 2nd value market is base on the demand of the car and the quality it has from the point of purchase. It has nothing to do with theft rates etc.
david wrote:

Last edited by david on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one point. But I'll say they can still steal it and canabelise for parts to be exported.
david wrote:
What I mean is the market demand is low, so no theive wanna steal Accent.

marky wrote:
david wrote:

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making some sense to me.

marky wrote:
That is one point. But I'll say they can still steal it and canabelise for parts to be exported.
david wrote:

marky wrote:
david wrote:

Last edited by david on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that is not the main reason Accent is not selling like hot cakes. If just to compare hotcakes...closes to hot cakes are MyVi. That are HOTCAKES!!!!
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.....hot hot hot cakes.....now booking 12-14 months liao for Myvi 1.3....well....i dun really bother about Myvi lar.....wat is a joke to me is Savvy....."ice" cakes.........lolx......

marky wrote:
So that is not the main reason Accent is not selling like hot cakes. If just to compare hotcakes...closes to hot cakes are MyVi. That are HOTCAKES!!!!
david wrote:
Making some sense to me.

marky wrote:
david wrote:

marky wrote:
david wrote:

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostly probably ppl have the minded to go for more quality. as you know, typical malaysian is... want lower price yet high quality. so if they given the change to choose between accent and toyota/honda, they might probably choose toyota/honda. coz more popular choice.

2ndly, due to the 2nd hand value... hyundai memang no 2nd hand value but toyota/honda have it. so they rather spend more money on it so that in future, they can sell at higher price.

3rdly, fuel consumption. hyundai memang drink FC (in general ppl thinking). so toyota/honda is better than it...

4thly, toyota/honda have been in market quite some time ago... even when i was born, it oledi exist compare to hyundai (maybe yes but not aware yet). so old ppl mind - might be buying the brand that they used to drive...
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your points are answer upon the general public opinion then I agree. Smile

noname wrote:
mostly probably ppl have the minded to go for more quality. as you know, typical malaysian is... want lower price yet high quality. so if they given the change to choose between accent and toyota/honda, they might probably choose toyota/honda. coz more popular choice.

2ndly, due to the 2nd hand value... hyundai memang no 2nd hand value but toyota/honda have it. so they rather spend more money on it so that in future, they can sell at higher price.

3rdly, fuel consumption. hyundai memang drink FC (in general ppl thinking). so toyota/honda is better than it...

4thly, toyota/honda have been in market quite some time ago... even when i was born, it oledi exist compare to hyundai (maybe yes but not aware yet). so old ppl mind - might be buying the brand that they used to drive...

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
If your points are answer upon the general public opinion then I agree. Smile

noname wrote:

can say generally from public coz i have asked few of my friends about it... more than 10 ppl. Almost all saying the same. Some even give -ve about hyundai car.

But if the financial is the constraint, i bet their would go for accent/hyundai car.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaa... that is very funny public. Lets say you ask them about Proton, they also know that Proton cars sucks but they still buy it end of the day... hahaha...
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
Hahaa... that is very funny public. Lets say you ask them about Proton, they also know that Proton cars sucks but they still buy it end of the day... hahaha...

sometimes they will tell you this story but at the end, will do other...

anyway, i think accent not in the market yet... coz not many ppl know about it. but i heard JB have many accent car wor...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: