Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Car Battery
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morrisage
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Car Battery Reply with quote

I had a problem today. It was raining and I had switched on my headlights while driving. I forgot to switch off the light and when I took the key out it seems the headlight had cut off and the parking light and fog lights were on. When I came back after 4 hrs, battery was dead. Do you guys know any good place to fix those buzzers wherein you take the key out with lights on will give the buzzing sound?

Hope KB can take this as a feed back and implement some system. It seems there is a system which comes with accent in some countries that when you switch off and take the key out all lights will shut down after a predetermined time. This is what I understood from the manual.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight On Indicator Reply with quote

morrisage wrote:
I had a problem today. It was raining and I had switched on my headlights while driving. I forgot to switch off the light and when I took the key out it seems the headlight had cut off and the parking light and fog lights were on. When I came back after 4 hrs, battery was dead. Do you guys know any good place to fix those buzzers wherein you take the key out with lights on will give the buzzing sound?

Hope KB can take this as a feed back and implement some system. It seems there is a system which comes with accent in some countries that when you switch off and take the key out all lights will shut down after a predetermined time. This is what I understood from the manual.

I only know that my previous Waja got this function (buzzing sound when the light is still on after taken out the key)...I think, u can go to the accesories shops to ask for this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
morrisage
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Cost of the buzzer Reply with quote

I have fixed the buzzer last weekend from an accessory shop in Puchong.
He charged me RM 180/- not sure whether it is costly or not.......but when considering dead battery.....sure worth it......I fixed at the car accessory shop behind proton edar showroom opp. IOI mall.
joniwong
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but but but... it seem a bit odd that the battery got drained off so soon, i mean it went dead in 3 hrs' time...
for my sister's Sonata, she has left the lights on overnite before and yet the battery is still healthy... Crying or Very sad

I guess it's not too friendly to the absent-minded ones...
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
in thi stopic we can talk about everything related to eletrical system in your car such as lighting, battery etc.
Thank You Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do u notice, our car battery size is difficult to get from outside... Confused
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
really?never encounter it yet..i think the size doesn't matter, jz make sure the voltage is correct then ok liao rite?not sure..bt when this original dead, will change to the maintainance free type...no hassle to keep monitor the battery water enough or not.. Confused
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its any different. Look for more plates. My stock battery is only 9 plates. Planning to change mine to 11 or more plates.

Might get the MF type of battery if the weight is the same as liquid type.

slbeh wrote:

ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
I don't think its any different. Look for more plates. My stock battery is only 9 plates. Planning to change mine to 11 or more plates.

slbeh wrote:
should b the same lah..use the MF...save ur time..especially u r so bz at work.,.hehe.. Smile
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehehe, see how lor next year. Will have to changed it before June next year. Don't trust the stock batt cause not sure how long on the shelves already. But lucky I am AAM member!

ycsteven wrote:
marky wrote:

slbeh wrote:
should b the same lah..use the MF...save ur time..especially u r so bz at work.,.hehe.. Smile

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
slbeh wrote:
really?never encounter it yet..i think the size doesn't matter, jz make sure the voltage is correct then ok liao rite?not sure..bt when this original dead, will change to the maintainance free type...no hassle to keep monitor the battery water enough or not.. Confused

marky wrote:

what I mean is ...our stock Battery Type is N65..quite diffucult to get this
...can we use N50 or N60 insteads ? Question

even yokohama does not supply this N65..
http://www.malaysiabattery.com/automotive_batteries-extra_power.html
http://www.malaysiabattery.com/automotive_batteries-flat_top.html
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am referring to the size /type of the battery, our stock is N65, very diffucult to find out this type/size.......according to tkj who have changed his battery to her wife s car and used the normal size (maybe N50/60) one and found out that the power is weak for his accent (if I am not mistaken) and most of the car is using N50/60 only even 2.0cc
correct me if I am wrong Embarassed
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to look for those with 11 plates battery. Our stock battery is 9 plates type. NS 50/60 or 65, I will have to shop around.

slbeh wrote:

I am referring to the size /type of the battery, our stock is N65, very diffucult to find out this type/size.......according to tkj who have changed his battery to her wife s car and used the normal size (maybe N50/60) one and found out that the power is weak for his accent (if I am not mistaken) and most of the car is using N50/60 only even 2.0cc
correct me if I am wrong Embarassed

augustineaf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: dry cell battery Reply with quote

good day,

how about dry cell battery, any information about this? i am think of changing to dry cell battery when my current battery is old or going to die!!
how long does our battery lasts? what i was told is that if your battery can lasts for more than 18 months, that is very good already! Rolling Eyes and it is not advisable to keep on using the battery until it dies!

tip to know if your battery is old and it is time to change it:
1. if you have to fill-up your battery with battery water every 7 days coz' the battery water is below the recommended level, you should change your battery as soon as possible, this is because you have approximately 4 weeks to 3 weeks before the battery dies or before you have trouble starting your car.
2. for new battery, less than 12months, normal maintenance is to top-up the battery water is about 3 months or 5000km.
3. more than 12months, every 4-8 weeks, check and top-up.

but with dry cell battery, no maintenance needed! just plug and play
Laughing Laughing Laughing
down side of dry cell battery is that it is expensive!, hopeful the price will drop soon Wink Wink
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: dry cell battery Reply with quote

Not only expensive, heard it was HEAVY too!!!! Anyway, I know AAM sells to its member at a reasonable price. I've to check it out later. Might change my battery by middle of this year. Don't trust stock battery.

augustineaf wrote:
good day,

how about dry cell battery, any information about this? i am think of changing to dry cell battery when my current battery is old or going to die!!
how long does our battery lasts? what i was told is that if your battery can lasts for more than 18 months, that is very good already! Rolling Eyes and it is not advisable to keep on using the battery until it dies!

tip to know if your battery is old and it is time to change it:
1. if you have to fill-up your battery with battery water every 7 days coz' the battery water is below the recommended level, you should change your battery as soon as possible, this is because you have approximately 4 weeks to 3 weeks before the battery dies or before you have trouble starting your car.
2. for new battery, less than 12months, normal maintenance is to top-up the battery water is about 3 months or 5000km.
3. more than 12months, every 4-8 weeks, check and top-up.

but with dry cell battery, no maintenance needed! just plug and play
Laughing Laughing Laughing
down side of dry cell battery is that it is expensive!, hopeful the price will drop soon Wink Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: