Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front lip (Front Skirt)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Agreed. Its better to take time for supervising their job and make noise when found them done it incorrectly. Wink
khalil_himura wrote:
Yeah man.. since we claim the stuff, they don't get anything.. so better way to ensure good workmanship is to be there when they do it. I'd like cangkung by the side of the car & see. Sometimes, need to point & bising a bit. Laughing
iceman
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...judging from what have been posted....it seems to be quite easy to actually ask KBSC to replace the front skirt for free(under warranty claim).
Would actually like to find out what is the procedure/condition to actually claim warranty?
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there really got defect which is not by the owner fault, it should be claimable from KBSC.

Actually, claiming warranty is just very straight forward procedure. Just sent over your car to KBSC, tell the service advisor to register the defect into their system. Then lead them to rectify the defect part, if they agree with it is their own defect. You are entitled to claim it. Twisted Evil
khnseng
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you see paint peeling and the yellow foundation then can claim already - sometimes whole piece come of, sometimes appear like yellow dots. The paint must be seen peeling on its own not self inflicted. The KBSC already reported this to the manufacturer that quality is no good. But the manufacturer insisted that it is up to standard and its a lot of crap. So the KBSC just claim for owners lah as it is already so common.

iceman wrote:
Guys...judging from what have been posted....it seems to be quite easy to actually ask KBSC to replace the front skirt for free(under warranty claim).
Would actually like to find out what is the procedure/condition to actually claim warranty?
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. I think my one is claimable and will claim it when im free. Wink
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Your Accent is lower than you think!!!!!! Reply with quote

argh.its like wtf......today just went over a small road bump, than ccccccraaaaaaaaacckkkkk sound came out....i was like wtf man.....stopped my car at the road side, and then see like a 1 inch crack, and paint scrapped off....lil bit of the front lip....

this is an advice : go over bumps slowly, let other ppl pass u if they impatient....u care more about your own car....dun give a f*** about other vehicles...

accent's are lower than vios and the city....the car built low, on high suspensions....and my RX-S licked the bump....so so so damn hurt to see the crack....anyone went thru this before?

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
proevoguy
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with your rear spoiler till need to send back for 2nd time claim?i see there is lots of complain on the skirt.they really cover for claim? if so i need to check my skirt and spoiler properly whether there is any defects.What defects normally you found?how to claim? just send back to the KBSC and make noise then they will change for me?

KCKS wrote:
I agreed what you said. But they will be more careful when we are around to supervise their job.

I still remember few months backs when i second time claim the rear spoiler. After they take off my spoiler, the double tape is remain sticking on the bonnet. Then maybe because i was there to supervised their job, they fetch a new clean cloth soak with the sticker/wax remover then carefully removed the double tape. Then i request them temporary to seal the bolt hole at the bonnet. The overall process is done nicely for me. Twisted Evil

khnseng wrote:
Be careful when sending to 223 KBSC/QS Accessories to claim warranty. When they clean the surface dirt/sand they simply rub with WD40 with tissue. Mine bonet one was scratch a little during replacement. May be they don't make money they chincai do.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesc, I think you went over the bump too fast. I don't have such problem with my Accent, but then I'm using tyre size 185/65/14 which is slightly higher than the stock 185/60/14. My City scrap the bump few times already, but not my Accent. Drive slow and enjoy the ride.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For first complaint during receiving the car from the SA, the defect is paint thinning at the left edge of the spoiler and also the window inner frame of the doors. I can easily see gryish colour from the furnishing surface. Mad I request it to be state the defect onto my car DO and the SA introduce me to Jln 222 Body workshop to respary it. Smile
For second complaint is the workmanship of the body workshop. I can see the top surface of the spoiler got a reddish circle on top of the body colour. I suspect they spary the whole spoiler and touchup the portion which is not nice during their own QC. Mad

If you found any defect of the paint workmanship, you have to register the complaint into their system by going to the SC and tell the service Advisor of it. They will later coordinate you for the claim. Wink

proevoguy wrote:
What's wrong with your rear spoiler till need to send back for 2nd time claim?i see there is lots of complain on the skirt.they really cover for claim? if so i need to check my skirt and spoiler properly whether there is any defects.What defects normally you found?how to claim? just send back to the KBSC and make noise then they will change for me?

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Your Accent is lower than you think!!!!!! Reply with quote

Jamesc, i had touch my skirt few times to the uneven road surface and bumps. Crying or Very sad But i only get scratch at the bottom of the front skirt. Sad

I still remember the worst time when i was driving at Cameron highlands. The skirt edge is chipped by the stone when im driving through the road side uneven surface. Luckily after i touchup it, it can be too noticable.

Its advice for all RX-S owner to be more careful during driving uneven road surface and also the bumps. Shocked
jamesc wrote:
argh.its like wtf......today just went over a small road bump, than ccccccraaaaaaaaacckkkkk sound came out....i was like wtf man.....stopped my car at the road side, and then see like a 1 inch crack, and paint scrapped off....lil bit of the front lip....

this is an advice : go over bumps slowly, let other ppl pass u if they impatient....u care more about your own car....dun give a f*** about other vehicles...

accent's are lower than vios and the city....the car built low, on high suspensions....and my RX-S licked the bump....so so so damn hurt to see the crack....anyone went thru this before?
proevoguy
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if you guy own RX-S and have a little more budget, just change the rims.It will minimise all those problem if you drive carefully. I had mine change to 16".just trade in the current rims and tires for about RM200-RM300(depand on the usage) and get a good japan rims+ tires.I had mine done at klang for RM2500 for enkai rims+bridgestone tires.it's worth to do so if you guys don't plan to sell your accent in 1 or 2 years time. before i change it, everytime i come from genting's parking my front lip sure touch the ground.luckly it did not crack. just scratches at the bottom which cannot see... Wink
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Accent RX-S not only the model got this problem. I noticed that many others models of car which installed skirt also facing the same problem. Even some is crack here and scratch there. Embarassed
We can't really avoid any touching of the skirt to ground, the onlt thing that we can do is to slow down like a turtle to go through bumps and uneven roads. then speed back when going back to flat road. Twisted Evil
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, i went to KBSC Jln Ipoh to claim for the front skirt defect. At first the SA believe that occur because of the flying stone from the road. I patiently explained the fact and invite him to have a look of it. So while explaining and let him to touch the defect part, he directly goes into silence. Then he goes back to the office and call up KB bodyworks Jln 222 to made an appoinment for me.
Firstly, he tell me to leave the car at the SC today morning and asked me to take it back during tomorrow. I declined his offer and tell him that i know the person in-charge in KB bodyworkshop. I directly call him up and made an appoinment with him. Twisted Evil So today morning i sent the car by myself and they dismantle the whole front skirt. They need a day to fixed back the chipped area that i kiss my skirt to the floor last few months (I talk friendly with him and request him to patch it back for me) Twisted Evil then spary the undercoat and respray to the same tone as my car. So i was told to go back there and fixed back the skirt tomorrow noon. Very Happy

Besides it, I noticed that the front skirt is hold by 5 bolts (Centre part) and 2 screws (Both ends). Shocked Look very solid and firm holding. Shocked Now i start to believe that what they told me last time. No wonder they said the whole skirt will not easily drop off if it kiss the road. Not like others normal installation that only use rivet. Evil or Very Mad

Now my RX-S looks abit obvious that without front skirt and got few holes below the bumper. Embarassed
khalil_himura
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesc..

hey man, in my 1st month driving my RX-S.. had the same experience.. lucky i got my front lip changed because of the paint peeling off Razz hopefully it can last for a while before I change new pair of skirts Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khalil_himura wrote:
KCKS wrote:
*Sigh* This sure will happened in Malaysia road as there are plenty of stones around everywhere. Embarassed

So the scratch that under the skirt, you scratch it and they still warranty claim for you?? Shocked Confused
khalil_himura wrote:
You know, when you drive fast on highway, those small stones on the road tend to fly ooh.. So, when hit front skirt you get small paint holes (that what I call them lah).

Got it successfully changed yesterday. And I tell you, the horrible look under the skirt ~! Shocked Shocked Sccccccccccccccccccccccccccracth ~! Laughing

I don't think the scratch is covered, but since there is paint holes, that's why can claim. Just like my back skirt. Already got scracth, but cannot claim since no paint holes.

Will update more, when I get my spoiler change as well.

Hi guys, sorry to bring this past thread up. I was just wondering if we really can change the front spoiler when there are yellow spots on the skirting? Are those manufacturing problems or it is cause by the impact from small debris when we travel at a fast speed? How do we determine?

If it is cause by flying debris, then it will still happen even though we change the skirting a few times. If it is caused by manufacturing problems, how do we convince then that it is caused by manufacturing problems and not debris? Because clearly those small 'paintholes' are due to small impact from road debris.

Appreciate your response, guys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: