Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Toyota Avanza/Other MPVs Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chankarchun
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for kangoo, use apm a/c, it's cool i think...
the design is very ugly, but the safety and interior very good lol, especially the $$ is very good too Cool

but still don't like it, coz it claimed as mpv (7 seated now), with 1.4l engine... do u think it is powerful?
other mpv may have 2.0-4.0l engine lol.

so, i wont consider buying it for only its engine capasity and ugly design lol.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hv test drove the Kangoo few times, and to me the air cond is nowhere cool as our Accents. It's a nice car/van/MPV or watever they called it, but the air cond performance is worse than my City.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be because its 'window-all-around' which is producing more heat than coolness. Anyway, other than the air-cond, what else you can share? Very Happy
chkwong wrote:
I hv test drove the Kangoo few times, and to me the air cond is nowhere cool as our Accents. It's a nice car/van/MPV or watever they called it, but the air cond performance is worse than my City.

chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without comparing to the CBU model which is miles ahead in quality compared to the CKD, the CKD is quite good already.

Nope nothing much to do with the all windows on the Kangoo, the glass itself has heat reflection properties. On the other hand, Unser which is even bigger and has slightly more glass area than the Kangoo, the Unser air cond is miles cooler than Kangoo.

The Kangoo is very well suited for family with kids. I particularly like the sliding side rear doors, which is very handy in tight parking space. The interior is massive, seating space is big. Don't even talk about the boot, u can literally throw in anything at it. The soundproofing is definitely better then our Accent. Handling is so French, not with the lousy stock tyres, slap on the Michelins like in the CBU is just fantastic.

Am I going to get one myself? Not so soon, still got to 'fly' around in my Accent or City. Unless the 2006 Kangoo come with the current euro spec Kangoo engine 1.6L 16 DOHC, overhead compartment, 8-way adjustable driver seat like our Accent, adjustable tilt steering and BETTER air cond, 3 yr warranty then can consider one.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, I agree with your point there.So you plan to sell off your Accent too Sad
chkwong wrote:
Without comparing to the CBU model which is miles ahead in quality compared to the CKD, the CKD is quite good already.

Nope nothing much to do with the all windows on the Kangoo, the glass itself has heat reflection properties. On the other hand, Unser which is even bigger and has slightly more glass area than the Kangoo, the Unser air cond is miles cooler than Kangoo.

The Kangoo is very well suited for family with kids. I particularly like the sliding side rear doors, which is very handy in tight parking space. The interior is massive, seating space is big. Don't even talk about the boot, u can literally throw in anything at it. The soundproofing is definitely better then our Accent. Handling is so French, not with the lousy stock tyres, slap on the Michelins like in the CBU is just fantastic.

Am I going to get one myself? Not so soon, still got to 'fly' around in my Accent or City. Unless the 2006 Kangoo come with the current euro spec Kangoo engine 1.6L 16 DOHC, overhead compartment, 8-way adjustable driver seat like our Accent, adjustable tilt steering and BETTER air cond, 3 yr warranty then can consider one.

chankarchun
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:

i just feel the a/c by hand near the panel... not test drive it.
s/a told me it's cool.... Rolling Eyes
i asked him whether it is hot while the 3rd row seat dun hav a/c, while other mpv will hav a second a/c blower lol.
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never trust wat the SA says. Always test drive it under hot sun.

Marky, nope. I'm NOT selling off my Accent. It's a very good car. No serious/major/dislikes so far. On the other hand, I'm selling off my City VTEC.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, just joking bout you selling your Accent. Knew you'll say that.
One tip for everyone, to test the efficiency of the air-cond, you must station the car under a hot sun and let the air-cond full blast. You will need to spend some time there cause if the cooling system is good, with a idle stationary vehicle, the air-cond will still be cold even after 10 mins.
chkwong wrote:
Never trust wat the SA says. Always test drive it under hot sun.

Marky, nope. I'm NOT selling off my Accent. It's a very good car. No serious/major/dislikes so far. On the other hand, I'm selling off my City VTEC.

chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best time to test is around 1-2pm, put the car under hot sun with all doors fully closed, for about 20-30 mins, chit chat with the SA, keep the SA occupied.

Then go to the car, start the engine, idling only, don't drive or even rev the engine (if you or the SA do then it's cheating), on the air cond to full blast, max coldness, time within 10 mins if can cool the whole car interior to comfortably cool or not. Better still bring a termometer, check if the interior reading is less than 24 deg. C or not. I got an IR temp meter which can check air temp one!

Never test air cond with air direct blowing onto you, this is a false impression test. Direct the blowers to elsewhere, sit at the back see cold or not. Feel the seat fabric cold or not. A good air cond will be cold. And the whole interior also cold.

If after 10 mins still not cold or if the SA says take longer than tat or SA says hv to put in tints bla bla bla, no matter what the car interior won't be still cold. Just imagine if you stuck in hot afternoon traffic jam, you sure curse yourself then.

If the SA says must drive the car around to make it cold, then it's time to look for another car. Only trust wat u experience.
chankarchun
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oic, this is the way to test the air-cond.... thanks.

surely, accent can make it Cool
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong is right. Thats why, when you say test drive, they fast fast start the engine and rev the car, and chit chat a while before they say "Ok can drive."
chankarchun wrote:
oic, this is the way to test the air-cond.... thanks.

surely, accent can make it Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: