Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Toyota Avanza/Other MPVs Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TewKY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulkipper wrote:
yup so far my car doesnt has that kind of problem. Well I would like to extend my thanks to those 1st batch owners who keep on informing abt defects and problem with the car in AW forum. I do feel that somehow those guys either from hyundai or KB did browse into that forum and take notes.
Well without u guys I think we will still have those probs. Thanks again Smile Very Happy

Thank just not enough lah, belanja lah, just joking. Very Happy
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TewKY,

I went to PJ S19 Toyota Showroom with my farther-in-law who are the one interested with the Avanza last saturday
Unbelievable and impressive ...the Toyota Avanza, a small MPV is bigger than what I expect...and the most important thing is..very surprising....the build quality of the vehicles is very good (internal & external) on the showroom ...just like the CBU cars......sorry to say that..it is better than our Accent.. Embarassed

Tewky....this is the build quality we are looking for......in fact
go and see the car u will believe what I say Razz

KB is in the difficult position now to come out with the Accent 1.3cc since the price of the Toyota Avanza is pricing btw RM55k to RM60K only
and the price of our Accent (i.eOTR RM65K) now is considered overprice.....unless come with the ABS and Airbag for the current price.....otherwise....the potential buyer of Accents may shift to this small MPV even this is only 1.3-litre engine
of course, Proton, Kia, Hyundai, and Perdua is in trouble indirectly after the launching of Toyota Avanza and the direct impact shall be the Kembara Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TewKY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
TewKY,

I went to PJ S19 Toyota Showroom with my farther-in-law who are the one interested with the Avanza last saturday
Unbelievable and impressive ...the Toyota Avanza, a small MPV is bigger than what I expect...and the most important thing is..very surprising....the build quality of the vehicles is very good (internal & external) on the showroom ...just like the CBU cars......sorry to say that..it is better than our Accent.. Embarassed

Tewky....this is the build quality we are looking for......in fact
go and see the car u will believe what I say Razz

KB is in the difficult position now to come out with the Accent 1.3cc since the price of the Toyota Avanza is pricing btw RM55k to RM60K only
and the price of our Accent (i.eOTR RM65K) now is considered overprice.....unless come with the ABS and Airbag for the current price.....otherwise....the potential buyer of Accents may shift to this small MPV even this is only 1.3-litre engine
of course, Proton, Kia, Hyundai, and Perdua is in trouble indirectly after the launching of Toyota Avanza and the direct impact shall be the Kembara Rolling Eyes

I saw it also. But the exterior gap still not up to my expectation ler. Try to look at the undercarraige, the gear box like lorry ler. Look at the engine compartment, the engine just so small enough of power to carry 7 people with luggages or not??. Interior so so lar. Very Happy
neihc
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avanza..i think ok for small family, 1.3 but seat around 7 people??!! car no power lah! Sorry about it.... like Toyota Unser also! Now here ( Seremban area) i saw many ACCENT alraedy!!! Good news for us!
tkj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I went to PD over the weekend and I saw quite a few Accents on the road in Seremban and PD town and on the hway. However, still not too many in PJ and Cheras area. And so far I've only seen one with modified rims and tyres. The rest are basically the standard accessories.

Anybody else seen any reviews of Accent in magazines and newspapers lately? The latest I've seen is on the Fleet Auto Test Drive issue.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkj wrote:
Yup, I went to PD over the weekend and I saw quite a few Accents on the road in Seremban and PD town and on the hway. However, still not too many in PJ and Cheras area. And so far I've only seen one with modified rims and tyres. The rest are basically the standard accessories.

Anybody else seen any reviews of Accent in magazines and newspapers lately? The latest I've seen is on the Fleet Auto Test Drive issue.

you can go here http://www.myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47
Topic : Reviews - Hyundai Accent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saw the today (2004/10/26) Star newpaper pg20

Code:
HYUNDAI ACCENT  1.5(a&m), cd player, sport rim, tinted, leather seat, spoiler, int2.95%, disc rm 688, high trade in, 016-2062888 --20/10/2004

http://www.star-motoring.com/classify/search.asp?whichpage=2&search=hyundai&code=0000&cat_desc=Cars&alpha=

wow...now the day buying Hyundai Accent got discount RM688.....
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, ppl prefer to compare our Accent with Kia Spectra, Proton Waja, or maybe Hyundai Gezt and Inokom Matrix.....or Toyata Avanza...etc....mainly because of the pricing ....
pls share with us why u selected the Hyundai Accent rather than others... Razz TQ
chkwong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avanza? u better think twice...inokom matrix is better...got abs and airbag...and got front and rear h/c-section beam to protect bumper...same like our accent...seen avanza highway while going up to ipoh...it ride bouncy...can see when tailing avanza... town driving is good, but lack power
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read an article some time back (forgot were lio) that Avanza, the design is to use cheap internal plastic parts but use 50% cheaper parts to maintain comfort,and some interior parts like seat,sound insulation etc. Thats why they canscale down their price to around 40K
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
avanza? u better think twice...inokom matrix is better...got abs and airbag...and got front and rear h/c-section beam to protect bumper...same like our accent...seen avanza highway while going up to ipoh...it ride bouncy...can see when tailing avanza... town driving is good, but lack power

so, wong..do u consider the inokom matrix or renault kangoo, almost the same price ... Twisted Evil
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now tat the kangoo is less than 70k otr with latest gen abs from bosch version 8.0 and two airbag...and test drove it few times...i would consider it over matrix...yeah its super duper ugly looking thing on the road but practical for family man...of all 70k range car...this one is the most comfortable and suspension...conti feel yeah

aim to settle my car loan this yr...so the next one must be safe, comfort and practical...abs and airbag must have item...i'm not saying accent is lousy...but its value for money when it was launched back then...now...more choices so i dont think accent is as competitive as others...wait till june and if accent still don't come with abs and airbag and better noise insulation at less than 70k...it will lose out to other makes...accent is suppose to be the entry level car from hyundai...in uk its dirt cheap with full spec somemore
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
now tat the kangoo is less than 70k otr with latest gen abs from bosch version 8.0 and two airbag...and test drove it few times...i would consider it over matrix...yeah its super duper ugly looking thing on the road but practical for family man...of all 70k range car...this one is the most comfortable and suspension...conti feel yeah

aim to settle my car loan this yr...so the next one must be safe, comfort and practical...abs and airbag must have item...i'm not saying accent is lousy...but its value for money when it was launched back then...now...more choices so i dont think accent is as competitive as others...wait till june and if accent still don't come with abs and airbag and better noise insulation at less than 70k...it will lose out to other makes...accent is suppose to be the entry level car from hyundai...in uk its dirt cheap with full spec somemore

do u mean u have test drove the CKD version kangoo already ??? Shocked
compare with InoKom Matrix.......very ugly looking lah......I always saw them/TC guys test drove the car around the Jln segambut area
I am still looking for the MPV type maybe within this 2~3 years.........so have to do so reaseach now Embarassed

yes, unless Hyundai Accent come with the ABS and Airbag for the price less than RM70K...otherwise.....KB will lose the mkt share of 1.5cc sector since more and more new models/car come in/out..........this year.... Crying or Very sad
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat in my friend's kangoo CBU version before. I agree it is a good car (or should I say a good VAN because of its sliding door) but spare parts are still a bit pricy even when they now have CKD version. The seats are too hard and the back seat belt is unstrategically located.. i.e. when I sit at the back, I have to sit down slowly n carefully or else my backside will hit the seatbelt which somehow pops up almost right in the middle of the seat.
If we were to compare the Kangoo (pic below)

with a Proton Juara (pic below)

Then the Kangoo somehow doesn't look that ugly already right?... Laughing

Anyway, I'm still single so I'll stick to my Accent. When I have a family then maybe will upgrade to a sonata or something equivalent. I like my Accent for it's classy but humble look. Wink
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juara, really as its name mention - JUARA

J = Just
U = Ugly
A = And
R = Really
A = Annoying
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: