Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote control
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vandenzack
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Remote control Reply with quote

All,
I need help here. I just took delivery of my RX-S last week. Love driving in it. The only problem I'm having now is the remote control is not very responding. What I mean is that I need to press it a few times, especially the one to disarm the central lock, until there's a slope on it due to hard pressing.
Both of my remotes are having the same problem. I've complaint & sent it to the SC at Jln. Sungai Pinang, but it only improved a bit. Anyone else having this same problem? If I change the remote to other type, will it revoke my alarm warranty? Pls. help...
chinhai8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you not able to change the remote off la..unless you ask KBSC do another 1 like my one which is 1st batch model. Very Happy
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vandenzack, some of the owner also having same problem as you. I came across this when i sent my accent to the 2nd service at KBSC Jalan Ipoh.
The problem is the frequency mismatch between the remotes with the alarm control box. So the frequency need to be retune. I suggest that you better sent it back and recomplaint with KBSC. If after few times repairing the problem still there, you can request them to replace a complete new set for you. As long as they given us 12 months or 20,000km warranty, we got rights to claimed for it.

Btw, mine one is ok and i had tested it still can control when i was around 40 meters away. Wink
Vandenzack
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Remote Control Reply with quote

Thank you, brothers for your input. Will send my car to SC next week for my 1st. 1K service early next week and will ask them to look into this matter once again.
khnseng
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem also sometimes. When I press the infra red light does not come on at the key. If the light does come on I can't be too far away from the car. Sometimes if am near also I still have to press a few times. I thought the issue is due to the cheaplak infra red beam between the remote and the sensor.

KCKS wrote:
Vandenzack, some of the owner also having same problem as you. I came across this when i sent my accent to the 2nd service at KBSC Jalan Ipoh.
The problem is the frequency mismatch between the remotes with the alarm control box. So the frequency need to be retune. I suggest that you better sent it back and recomplaint with KBSC. If after few times repairing the problem still there, you can request them to replace a complete new set for you. As long as they given us 12 months or 20,000km warranty, we got rights to claimed for it.

Btw, mine one is ok and i had tested it still can control when i was around 40 meters away. Wink
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khnseng, the red light at your alarm is only the indicator. Its only lights up and indicate on when you press any button on the remote. Normally, automobile alarm is using frequency with code for the transmission, the infra red is mostly for application such as TV, Hi-Fi, Air-Con, etc. Wink

In your case, i suspect that either the battery contact in your remote is dirty or the micro-switch is defect when the red LED is not always lightup each time you press the remote button. Try to open out the remote and cleanup the battery contact. Or if you are not familiar with it, you can complaint it to KBSC and they will service it for you.

For the short distance control or slow response for arming and disarming the alarm, it should be the frequency mismatch problem. Sent it to KBSC to retuned it.

Btw, have you tested your spare remote (the 2nd remote)?

khnseng wrote:
I have the same problem also sometimes. When I press the infra red light does not come on at the key. If the light does come on I can't be too far away from the car. Sometimes if am near also I still have to press a few times. I thought the issue is due to the cheaplak infra red beam between the remote and the sensor.

KCKS wrote:

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my one is ok vey good
yet, have you tested ur spare remote (the 2nd remote)? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Vandenzack
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,
I've just send my car for it's 1K service yesterday and complaint about this remote control issue. It seems that KB tech. also cannot rectify the problem. At last, they came to a conclusion - change the whole alarm box control system - for free.. Smile now, my remote is marvellously working - even from 60 meters away!
chinhai8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm....the alarm box is cost about RM180 and come along 2 remote control.... Very Happy
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear that. Very Happy
Sometimes for the OEM product, there should be a few numbers out of the whole batch are defect. So definately some of us will be the one to get it. As long as we got warranty, better demand KBSC to change the entire set if we found out this problem Wink .
Vandenzack wrote:
All,
I've just send my car for it's 1K service yesterday and complaint about this remote control issue. It seems that KB tech. also cannot rectify the problem. At last, they came to a conclusion - change the whole alarm box control system - for free.. Smile now, my remote is marvellously working - even from 60 meters away!
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here has already changed the battery of the remote control ?
How much it cost ? TQ Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:

i think is using the standard battery like our watch type... should be less than RM10 gua...
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlBeh, I think its only cost less than 8 bucks (If my memory didn't failed me). You can get it at Brother's and DIY using a small philips screwdrivers.

slbeh wrote:
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed mine twice d, the battery don really last for me, got one from KBSC, very expensive,..if i'm not remember wrongly, it cost about RM8 for the flip type remote control..which type u have?
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinhai8 wrote:
erm....the alarm box is cost about RM180 and come along 2 remote control.... Very Happy

something wrong with my remote control, it can auto on & off the alarm....is it the time to change the battery or the remote control is actualy rosak? Why the SC guy told me to replace the remote control one set is RM180 Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: