Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soundproofing (1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiya...factory cannot come up with that kind of product, go ahead modify ur own product lar...hehe.....noise reduction air filter and exhaust...softer wheels.....hehehe...nothing is perfect la..cmon u wanna compare our car to japan makes? lol....if taken the whole car apart, u will see u be spending more cash on the accesories japan makes campak at u....wat to do, have to buy as it is mar...lol...

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
samchoo
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

just wondering this HE SO VI really helps to reduce the engine noise? yesterday saw in jln ipoh sc and the price is RM188.

thanks.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samchoo wrote:
hi all,

just wondering this HE SO VI really helps to reduce the engine noise? yesterday saw in jln ipoh sc and the price is RM188.

thanks.

i install it during my 1st service. generally the engine noise will be reduce... but not much. roughly around 30 to 50% reduce noise.

i did for the side door too...
samchoo
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi noname,

how much total you have to pay including the doors? cos the guy mentioned to me only the front engine part..perhaps i said dont want to install now so he didn't go any further. just wondering Rm188 includes of front cover and the doors..he did mentioned back no need cos mine is hatchback ver thou.

Wink
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samchoo wrote:
hi noname,

how much total you have to pay including the doors? cos the guy mentioned to me only the front engine part..perhaps i said dont want to install now so he didn't go any further. just wondering Rm188 includes of front cover and the doors..he did mentioned back no need cos mine is hatchback ver thou.

Wink

i cant recall how much is it? but i belief RM88 is cover the front and rear bonnet only. maybe you can ask KBSC about it.
seventh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That soundproofing you mention is just to dampen the engine sound only...
You can really hear the difference before and after but you have to stand outside of your car lar . Other then that if you complaint about tyre noise or wind noise that 88 bucks of your cant do much about it man...

If your really serious of getting good sound quality for your ICE, go for the dynamat for your door panels but expensive lar.. cost about RM300 /2doors.

We cant run away from all the noise but we can cover it over with good ICE system
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other way as ppl always mentioned... turn your volume louder - to minimise the wind or tyre sound...
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other way as ppl always mentioned... turn your volume louder - to minimise the wind or tyre sound...
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a gentle reminder to those who wish to install sound proof on 4-doors in KBSC.

just make sure they install it and paste it properly. go and inspect it. otherwise it will peel/drop off easily.

yesterday, as my wife wind up the window after talking to my friends, the sound insulation (which stick inside the door) sticks to the window and pull it together up... until around 30cm of the insulation length is exposed. it almost jam the window and it raining time (starting).

due to lose trust in KBSC, i DIY by opening the door panel and rectified it myself. to my horror, almost 2 out of 3 pieces of sound insulation have already peel off from it. The top insulation have already peel almost half and it drop and stick to the window. the other one already drop and hang on the bottom.

no wonder why the outside noise - getting louder lately. i installed the insulation @ Jln 223 around 1 year ago. when i check it, found that they didnt stick properly. they just barely stick it.

so guys, please check when you have time. you dont want to end up like my case... insulation stick onto your window and get winded up together. worst case, spoil your remote window.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people,

I notice the pieces supplied by KBSC is small therefor what I'm going to share with you is for those who like to DIY.

You can get HESOVI sheets from shops selling aircond parts and it cost less then RM20 per sheet. You will need around 4 sheets but get 1 more in case you make mistakes.

From there you can actually have a whole sheet to cover the inner door panel and have a better sound proofing. You just need to peel off the plastic sheet and then cut according to the plastic sheet. But you've to cut it a little smaller and need to cut certain edges off cause of the door panel cover.

When you have one side done, you can actually flip it over and cut according to the shape already. To make the HESOVI sheet stick, you can either use a 3M Heavy Duty Double Sided tape (I find it much better than other brands) on certain parts.

You have a choice if to stick it on or under the plastic cover. (My advice, under plastic cover is better) When you've align the HESOVI sheet, you have to cut a lot of holes for the screws,rods,wires etc. (this will take a bit more time)

Before you screw the door panel back make sure both sheets are fully covered and seal (you may need to buy the soft glass sealent which is the black sticky soft stuff from any car spare part shop)

Cut certain holes bigger if the door can't fit back in cause of the screw holes. If can fit nicely, then just screw back the door panel.

Voila! You'll have a full door covered with HSV!

PS: if you need help, can come over to my place and I'll help you out. Can handle it as a group also Smile
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mari mari... kedai maky Razz Razz
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

The last time i opened the door plastic cover, i saw that the metal surface is not smooth at all. How do you guys manage to put those dynamat stuff there? Plus rain water seeps in, how does it manage to stay there?

Reason I ask is that I already put a layer of insulation sandwiched between the plastic panel and the inside metal layer but it did not improve much. The insulation I put is the black greenish cotton like fibre material.

Also, the road noise and engine noise is highly intrusive. Anyone here insulate the firewall?

thanks
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add: Note that I'm using 15" Michelin PP2 50 series. Does it help if I change it to 55 series?
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighCurrent wrote:
Add: Note that I'm using 15" Michelin PP2 50 series. Does it help if I change it to 55 series?

posted at wrong section.

btw, i dont understand your question. izit comfort or soundproofing? Wink
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighCurrent wrote:
Hi guys,

The last time i opened the door plastic cover, i saw that the metal surface is not smooth at all. How do you guys manage to put those dynamat stuff there? Plus rain water seeps in, how does it manage to stay there?

Reason I ask is that I already put a layer of insulation sandwiched between the plastic panel and the inside metal layer but it did not improve much. The insulation I put is the black greenish cotton like fibre material.

Also, the road noise and engine noise is highly intrusive. Anyone here insulate the firewall?

thanks

the other way - follow what KBSC is doing. they will stick 3 pieces of insulation inside the door frame. on the outer door frame between the panel and the metal, they will cover it with another layer of insulation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: