Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accent Spare Parts Comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I changed mine in Jimmin Sunway there.

Workmanship better cause they give 'personal touch' hhehehe...
noname wrote:
marky,

where you change the spart part? jinmin?

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. will keep it in mind...

does jinmin replace some faulty part, which is still under warranty? how fast? *subject to part* izit?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname, better to take this to the workshop topic.
noname wrote:
thanks. will keep it in mind...

does jinmin replace some faulty part, which is still under warranty? how fast? *subject to part* izit?

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some info to share with u all regarding the price that i got from another authorised Hyundai/Kia reseller:

Oil Filter
Reseller - RM12 KB - around RM14

Air Filter
Reseller - RM25 KB - around RM28

Fuel Filter
Reseller - RM30 KB - RM170 Evil or Very Mad
I DIY it. My advice to it during every 30k km, dun follow the KB verbal advice to extend it coz our country petrol is not too clean.

Timing Belt (Complete kits)
Reseller - RM150 KB - RM2XX Evil or Very Mad

Front Brake pad
Reseller - RM55 KB - RM2XX
This reseller offer brand "GOLD" which claims nearby spec with Original. In my opinion, if the lifespan is less but the gripping is good. Let say 50% less lifespan, if calculate still half of the price. Twisted Evil

Rear Brake pad
Forgotten d'oh! , i checked again with the price written from the reseller and will update in next post.
This not frequenly changed but i heard that it need to be change around ratio 4:1 (4 times Front pad with 1 time Rear pad). Rolling Eyes
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you provide us the address and phone to the authorised spart part dealer?
sbsoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the different is less than RM10 is still OK, but different of RM140 (fuel filter) is too much. RM140 can buy a fully syn engine oil.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, please provide the reseller address and phone contact...
konzen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
yes, please provide the reseller address and phone contact...
ya give us the details so next time i'll wack the F**ker for U
hahaa........
Twisted Evil
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shop is located in Segambut, few kilometers far away from KB Jalan Ipoh. For the reiedtion please refer my post at My other post

The company name is Mobis Hyundai. Its another Hyundai authorised parts dealers which has a HQ in Korea and the HQ open its branch here then direct import the parts to here.

I had asked KB regarding the big difference of the Fuel filter and i even bravely show them my purchasing receipt. The manager keep quite when looking at the receipt (I think he also feel shocked of it). So he explained that KB normally trade with Sime Darby Group (Another Hyundai Cars Authorised Dealer), so the price will be different. So i assume that Sime darby potong KB Shocked by supplying parts to them, then KB mark up their Overhead than charge us. Evil or Very Mad At last, we (the owner) will suffer for the high price. Evil or Very Mad He also tell me KB seldom take parts from Mobis. Embarassed Maybe because they had bined agreement for the parts. Embarassed

FYI, KB got rights to reject installing the parts that supply by owner supply. Lets imagine if all of us do that, how are their management going to get $$$ to maintain their company?? Exclamation

If you dare to DIY to change the parts then its a different story. Wink

Lets take an example of changing the fuel filter. The filter is not located at the engine bay, its located below the rear seats. So we have to take out the rear bottom seats, peels off the metal pate, disconnect the power of the fuel pump. Start the engine then wait for the engine to deads off it self. Clip off the ground cable of the filter, then push the clips and pull out of the host at both ends of the filter. Then remove the old filter, put a new one and clip back the the host. Replace back the the ground cable, then pump connector, metal plate and at last the seat. Then crank the engine longer until it get start. It should be done with some good knowledge, if not Shocked may cause petrol leakage and hazard fire. Exclamation Exclamation Think twice.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, the Mobis Hyundai is located at industrial area in segambut. i know where it is as i've been there (makan lunch) few times. perhap will go there one day and visit the spare part... Very Happy
syazeeta
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone khow the price for air conditiner filter?when we suppose to change this?
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
The shop is located in Segambut, few kilometers far away from KB Jalan Ipoh. For the reiedtion please refer my post at My other post

The company name is Mobis Hyundai. Its another Hyundai authorised parts dealers which has a HQ in Korea and the HQ open its branch here then direct import the parts to here.

I had asked KB regarding the big difference of the Fuel filter and i even bravely show them my purchasing receipt. The manager keep quite when looking at the receipt (I think he also feel shocked of it). So he explained that KB normally trade with Sime Darby Group (Another Hyundai Cars Authorised Dealer), so the price will be different. So i assume that Sime darby potong KB Shocked by supplying parts to them, then KB mark up their Overhead than charge us. Evil or Very Mad At last, we (the owner) will suffer for the high price. Evil or Very Mad He also tell me KB seldom take parts from Mobis. Embarassed Maybe because they had bined agreement for the parts. Embarassed

FYI, KB got rights to reject installing the parts that supply by owner supply. Lets imagine if all of us do that, how are their management going to get $$$ to maintain their company?? Exclamation

If you dare to DIY to change the parts then its a different story. Wink

Lets take an example of changing the fuel filter. The filter is not located at the engine bay, its located below the rear seats. So we have to take out the rear bottom seats, peels off the metal pate, disconnect the power of the fuel pump. Start the engine then wait for the engine to deads off it self. Clip off the ground cable of the filter, then push the clips and pull out of the host at both ends of the filter. Then remove the old filter, put a new one and clip back the the host. Replace back the the ground cable, then pump connector, metal plate and at last the seat. Then crank the engine longer until it get start. It should be done with some good knowledge, if not Shocked may cause petrol leakage and hazard fire. Exclamation Exclamation Think twice.

if the car we have more than 2 years,
no more warranty from kb already,....anyone try to service their accent or repair it outside kb service center?
Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you need to start a thread for voting on this matter? gimme a break! haha... lolx
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: