Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine Transplanting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cost could withheld the same or less price to paid for to get a original lancer i guess.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes for mod will cost more than the original one. So if really plan to mod extremely, better buy the original car for less headache next time. Wink
david wrote:
the cost could withheld the same or less price to paid for to get a original lancer i guess.
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered quite sometime ago i've started a topic here saying that transplanting an evo into accent is possible due to the mounting similarities. The cost of it, well some will say it's a bomb while some may not. Regarding JPJ approval, dun think bout it... hehehe Very Happy For suspensions to withhold the engine, there's alwayz an aftermarket adjustables so it wont be a problem. Regarding the car body? Well the WRC accent is also a turbocharged 2 litre, Evo based engine. The stock accent chasis will be strong enough to withstand those 280++ ponies.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaloh, the WRC accent is using turbocharge engine. GHOST, izzit that u mean is the adjustable absorber that sale in the market now? Rolling Eyes
GHOST wrote:
I remembered quite sometime ago i've started a topic here saying that transplanting an evo into accent is possible due to the mounting similarities. The cost of it, well some will say it's a bomb while some may not. Regarding JPJ approval, dun think bout it... hehehe Very Happy For suspensions to withhold the engine, there's alwayz an aftermarket adjustables so it wont be a problem. Regarding the car body? Well the WRC accent is also a turbocharged 2 litre, Evo based engine. The stock accent chasis will be strong enough to withstand those 280++ ponies.
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes correct.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS, thinking of getting the adjustable shocks for your car?

Anyway, if the engine mounting does not require any modifications, we can actually transplant engines but only thing is, you need to get JPJ to approve. Best if there is a very solid reason like engine jam etc, then better chance to change new one. But upgrading the suspension and brake system as mention by GHOST is a must lor for faster approval by Puspakom > JPJ > Insurance company.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe.. Just survey only. Have to wait until my existing shock absorber kaput first then will consider. So far i think the original engine is already fair for me at the moment. If in future i getting Evil or Very Mad then will think about it. Cool

Anyway, thanks for the info. Very Happy

marky wrote:
KCKS, thinking of getting the adjustable shocks for your car?

Anyway, if the engine mounting does not require any modifications, we can actually transplant engines but only thing is, you need to get JPJ to approve. Best if there is a very solid reason like engine jam etc, then better chance to change new one. But upgrading the suspension and brake system as mention by GHOST is a must lor for faster approval by Puspakom > JPJ > Insurance company.
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To transplant is at individual's own risk coz transplanting a different engine into the chasis of a different car is totally illegal!!! Also from 1.5-2.0 is also consider illegal as it's already above the 30% cc upgrade enforce by JPJ.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is consider illegal if the transplanting engine is more than 25% of existing registered engine without getting approval from puspakom. They also required the upgrading on the suspension (Spring Stifness) and braking system prior to approved the transplanting of engine. For those who is planning to transplant engine for any car, you can see the guideline from JPJ
GHOST wrote:
To transplant is at individual's own risk coz transplanting a different engine into the chasis of a different car is totally illegal!!! Also from 1.5-2.0 is also consider illegal as it's already above the 30% cc upgrade enforce by JPJ.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, i think our discussion is more on engine transplanting. So i had split out our discussion from previous topic into the new topic to continue our dicussion. Wink
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more interested to see the blueprint how EVO engine can fit into Accent skull.

Talking about getting the right reason to gain approval from the authorities, my car suspension cap (not sure whether correct, its pointing to the cap of the 2 suspension rod when u open ur car, top left and top right corner, black color cap) has some so called "lump", perhaps not too sure this caused by strong or uneven roads suffers.

Well, if this reason is good enough, then i really interested to do an assesment on transplanting EVO... then will teach those kancil and wira mat rempit a lesson... haha... gone in 60secs Razz
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that you should seek an advise from the expertise. There should be many car modifying shops around the city. After you change to EVO, don't forget to let us know the cost of of overall. Much prefer if you can list it in detail and also snap a photo and put it in here for us to view. Very Happy
david wrote:
I am more interested to see the blueprint how EVO engine can fit into Accent skull.

Talking about getting the right reason to gain approval from the authorities, my car suspension cap (not sure whether correct, its pointing to the cap of the 2 suspension rod when u open ur car, top left and top right corner, black color cap) has some so called "lump", perhaps not too sure this caused by strong or uneven roads suffers.

Well, if this reason is good enough, then i really interested to do an assesment on transplanting EVO... then will teach those kancil and wira mat rempit a lesson... haha... gone in 60secs Razz
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha... dream first. I have better ways to spend the money. It is for interest to know more only.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.. Laughing I though you are planning it very soon. Personally, i feel that the engine performance is already sound nice to me. Not thinking of EVO. Btw, if really want to transplant EVO engine. I think it will be a big mod to the car and we will spend alot of $$$ to it. Wink
david wrote:
Haha... dream first. I have better ways to spend the money. It is for interest to know more only.
lennonj929
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can put in a 1.6 DOHC engine like they sell in US&UK, it have 104bhp&106Torque.pjp will approv 1.5 to 1.6. but getting the engine will be difficult i think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: