Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foglamp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilthoniel
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Foglamp Reply with quote

Hey guys,

it's been a long time since i posted anything here... been very busy. looks like the site is growing well Wink

was just wondering, those of you who had their foglamps changed, did they change it to the new ones? Coz i looked at the new batch of accents and their foglamps are different from mine...

anyway the point is, I've changed my foglamps like 4 times!!! and still they are giving me the same old crap and the water still leaks into them! so i'm wondering how can i ask them to change to the new one? I'm from seremban and the SC manager told me he can't ask them for the new one coz my old car = use old model of foglamp... wat's the logic in that?? He asked me to go to jln ipoh SC but where can i find the time la...

my radio... well they changed for me last time for the switching on while engine off problem... but now the new radio is making alot of whirring noise when spinning my CDs... never happened before. And the SC told me it's my CD not the radio... so can't change... that doesn't make sense coz my CDs play fine over any other radio...

mmm any suggestions on wat i can do?
soulkipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far my car doesn give me any prob. The fog light is working fine, the radio also (but the reception no so good). Well I'll just wait and see if any prob will arise in the future.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: mine new accent also got water inside my foglamp Reply with quote

my new accent also got water inside my foglamp..and even the headlight..i will make the complaint...to the SA and the headoffice directly..i even got water leaking into my boot..anyone experience on this?i changed my VDO player to Pioneer today..the sound..very big different..and hey guys..the technician..found two antenna cable inside the car..and those who have the reception problem on the radio..probably they hooked on the wrong cable..i really a bit dissapointed this kind of quality of the car.. Twisted Evil
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: mine new accent also got water inside my foglamp Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
my new accent also got water inside my foglamp..and even the headlight..i will make the complaint...to the SA and the headoffice directly..i even got water leaking into my boot..anyone experience on this?i changed my VDO player to Pioneer today..the sound..very big different..and hey guys..the technician..found two antenna cable inside the car..and those who have the reception problem on the radio..probably they hooked on the wrong cable..i really a bit dissapointed this kind of quality of the car.. Twisted Evil

ycsteven,
ask them to replace the the new one for ur..
I have chaged the foglamp 3 times....now ok already.... Rolling Eyes
it seems like KB still did not concern about this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
neihc
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My foglight also masuk air!!!!!!!!!!!!
joniwong
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hie everyone....

I just found out about this forum and registered immediately. Got the car since april.

Anyway, I ,too, got the 'misty' foglamp problem...
and secondly is the radio 'mysteriously' turned back on after I locked and walked away from the car. Then when I return to the car, I found the radio is on... Is this a 'bonus' feature which comes with the car??? Anyone else got this problem or is it just me?

Another problem is the battery died twice on me Sad I left my headlights on for a few hours and when I returned to the car and tried to start the engine, the battery was completely drained. Embarassed I mean it's my fault to have left the lights on but isn't it a little too much that the battery was totally drained in that 3 hrs???? Confused
joniwong
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah.....!!!

I also got this buzzing noise from the dashboard when I accelerate hard..
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joniwong wrote:

and secondly is the radio 'mysteriously' turned back on after I locked and walked away from the car. Then when I return to the car, I found the radio is on... Is this a 'bonus' feature which comes with the car??? Anyone else got this problem or is it just me?
Another problem is the battery died twice on me Sad I left my headlights on for a few hours and when I returned to the car and tried to start the engine, the battery was completely drained. Embarassed I mean it's my fault to have left the lights on but isn't it a little too much that the battery was totally drained in that 3 hrs???? Confused

joniwong, welcome to the forum Very Happy
sorry to hear about ur misty foglamp. Sad
radio 'mysteriously' turned back on is definately NOT a feature. I just tested on my accent and the radio cant even be turn on after I have shut off the engine. Better go SC and have them check the wirings properly. Wink
As for dead battery, you can see what other members did at this thread http://myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38&highlight=battery Idea
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JoniWong,

Welcome to the club.
I would suggest to go back to SC and claim warranty for your fog-lights and as for your radio, ask for a new front panel.

That should do the trick.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joniwong wrote:
Hie everyone....

I just found out about this forum and registered immediately. Got the car since april.

===welcome joniwong, go to Jln Ipoh SC HQ to replace the new foglamp....I thought the foglamp issue only happen to the frist two batch Accent... Question
As for the radio auto turn on case, this is the major cause for ur battery drained easily, I think. So, go to Jln Ipoh SC to ask the Mr Yap to change the new CD/Radio player for ur.... Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tkj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
joniwong wrote:
Hie everyone....

===welcome joniwong, go to Jln Ipoh SC HQ to replace the new foglamp....I thought the foglamp issue only happen to the frist two batch Accent... Question
As for the radio auto turn on case, this is the major cause for ur battery drained easily, I think. So, go to Jln Ipoh SC to ask the Mr Yap to change the new CD/Radio player for ur.... Evil or Very Mad

Hey, i'm facing the same problems too. I just found out my fog lights got all fogged up after the weekend heavy rains. And not just that, yesterday after washing my car, I noticed my 2 front lights are also slightly fogged. You don't notice it much but afraid it may get worse later. Anybody else facing same problem with your front lights?
Pickim
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JoniWong,

If you are located in KL, you can go over to KB Service Centre in Jalan Ipoh. Tell the Service Centre personnel that your car radio turns on be itself. You are entitled to have a replacement of the whole unit - I had the same problem too. However, you may have to set up an appointment with the technician to attend to your car radio - just be prepared for this. Perhaps you can call the Service Centre to make the necessary arrangement so that you do not have to make numerous trips there.

As for the misty foglight, you have to lodge a complain and wait for the stock to arrive. I have my first set replaced about 3 months ago, and had the same problem with the 'new' ones. Hence I have lodged a second complain and are now waiting for the replacements.

Hello SLBEH,

To remove the rflectors, you can use a flat-head screw driver wrapped with a piece of soft cloth. Just pry them out (carefully). There are merely affixed to the car body via two-way tape. Thereafter, apply some car polish/wax to remove the glue from the car body. Have already removed the reflectors from my Accent sometime ago.

Warm regards,
Pickim
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickim wrote:

Hello SLBEH,

To remove the rflectors, you can use a flat-head screw driver wrapped with a piece of soft cloth. Just pry them out (carefully). There are merely affixed to the car body via two-way tape. Thereafter, apply some car polish/wax to remove the glue from the car body. Have already removed the reflectors from my Accent sometime ago.

Warm regards,
Pickim

thank you pickim,
as for the foglights, I would suggest do not switch on them when heavy rains, due to the outside condition is too cool (because of the raining) while the foglights are too hot (switch on it too long), they can not tahan/last long ....just my 2 cents Embarassed Wink
Pickim
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SLBEH,

I do not actually switch on the foglights - not used to, since my previous car do not have those. Nevertheless, water still seep into the lights. Guess it boils down to the quality of the products. If we keep on requesting for replacement, perhaps the stock of faulty ones wil run out and be replaced with better quality ones.....

Warm regards,
Pickim
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh,
FYI, new batch of accent like mine (got in Sept 04) no longer has the fog light button (next to the hazzard light button) to switch on or off the fog lights. The fog lights are turn on/off automatically when u switch on/off the car lights. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: