Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Toyota Models!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GHOST
General Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Location: Seremban / Singapore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Compare Hyundai Accent with Toyota Models! Reply with quote

In terms of FC between the both, it doesn't differs much. In fact i got much better mileage & performance wif my vios compare to the accent. Engine technology & efficiency also plays a major part in this. Still the koreans are losing to the japs on this but i believe they will catch up soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Vios engine got better technology than Accent. But do you know that Japanese car is more lighter than Korean Car instead of safety? The weight of the car also a effect the FC. Wink
GHOST wrote:
In terms of FC between the both, it doesn't differs much. In fact i got much better mileage & performance wif my vios compare to the accent. Engine technology & efficiency also plays a major part in this. Still the koreans are losing to the japs on this but i believe they will catch up soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GHOST
General Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Location: Seremban / Singapore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the weight also gives an effect but not major. Vios is only slightly lighter so it will not give such a significent effect for the FC in terms of the power to weight ratio.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe u are right. But personnally im not prefer of any Toyata cars because of their maintainance cost is damn expensive. Sad

Anyway, thanks for explanation. Smile
GHOST wrote:
Yes the weight also gives an effect but not major. Vios is only slightly lighter so it will not give such a significent effect for the FC in terms of the power to weight ratio.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Maybe not believe lo. Cost i had seen the parts comparison chart from KBSA. The ranking is 1-cheap till 9-expensive. Our accent is at rank 1, honda city is at rank 3, toyota vios is at rank 9, hyundai getz is at rank 10. So the chart had proved it, i dun think KB will dare to made a chart to lie to consumer. Wink
GHOST wrote:
Hahaha actually Toyota is not as expensive as u think. Do u believe if i tell u that the maintenance cost is the same as our accent??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GHOST
General Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Location: Seremban / Singapore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone ranks savvy parts at No.1, would you believe it?

ranking is not directly linked to the parts price and maintenance. if you think so, then i personally think that proton is tops among all, not our lovely hyundais.

not to say KBSA lied at us, just that we need to see the big picture. alot of cars are off the list and did not say they are wrong, we just need some time off to see the big picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Agreed with you. I also think that Proton parts is top among all. Forgot to tell u, KBSA only compare to those car with similar/nearby C.C in our market, they can't simply proft the wrong information in the table. And also some of my friends working as a spare parts dealers, they do tell me the same story. The branded car will impact the higher price of spare parts. Its also depend to the individual opinion la. Some ppl like this while other like that. Wink
Btw, we better stick back to the topic. Wink
GHOST wrote:
if someone ranks savvy parts at No.1, would you believe it?

ranking is not directly linked to the parts price and maintenance. if you think so, then i personally think that proton is tops among all, not our lovely hyundais.

not to say KBSA lied at us, just that we need to see the big picture. alot of cars are off the list and did not say they are wrong, we just need some time off to see the big picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GHOST
General Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Location: Seremban / Singapore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as a toyota owner myself i can't agree wif u when u said the parts is ranked at 9. Like i've said we still need to see the bigger picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just forward the exact information from KBSA, its not my personnal view to rank it. If you got time, you can go to KB Jalan Ipoh HQ to ask it from them. As i also mentioned above, its up to individual opinion. I think we better end this no end arguement. Wink
GHOST wrote:
Well as a toyota owner myself i can't agree wif u when u said the parts is ranked at 9. Like i've said we still need to see the bigger picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BaDaMz
Junior Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 196
Location: Shah Alam 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna argue about the chart, maybe all of us can go 2 KB and ask the salesman there, Laughing Btw, b4 I made a purchase 2 buy this accent, I did check Vios out, but naaahh..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better for those who never seen the chart la. Smile
BaDaMz, how's your conclusion after checking the Vios? Mind to share here??
Very Happy
BaDaMz wrote:
Wanna argue about the chart, maybe all of us can go 2 KB and ask the salesman there, Laughing Btw, b4 I made a purchase 2 buy this accent, I did check Vios out, but naaahh..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GHOST
General Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Location: Seremban / Singapore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalor, conclusion is much more expensive mah.... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its depends of individual opinion for anything. Some people will said its cheap if they can afford to it. Some others people will said its expensive if they feel its far from they ability to it.. Wink
GHOST wrote:
Yalor, conclusion is much more expensive mah.... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BaDaMz
Junior Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 196
Location: Shah Alam 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya lor.. Individual opinion supersedes everything. I don't know what it is.. After the Vios test drive, the FEELING is different compares to our Accent.. Maybe I like the bodykit, so rugged one, ke ke ke..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of feeling differnt between both accent and vios?? Handling? Comfort? Room space? Interior design?
Frankly, i never test drive vios before, just go to the showroom and see then didn't think of it again. Wink
BaDaMz wrote:
Ya lor.. Individual opinion supersedes everything. I don't know what it is.. After the Vios test drive, the FEELING is different compares to our Accent.. Maybe I like the bodykit, so rugged one, ke ke ke..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group