Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4-2-1 extractor
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devil_whiteaccent
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: 4-2-1 extractor Reply with quote

hi there .. i am new in this forum ... i am from singapore driving a 1.3m accent .. i change extractor to 4-2-1 than i took out my cat convertor .. the engine check light lights up thik is due to detecting the carbon monoxide... is there anyway that can solve this problem
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstly I am not engineer in cars, just evangelist of Accent.

1.3M of Accent? Wow... just hope that KB brings in this model, will be far more fuel and cost savings.
devil_whiteaccent
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wat type of accent malaysia bring in??
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5MT and AT.

www.kahbintang.com
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: 4-2-1 extractor Reply with quote

Devil_whiteaccent, welcome to the club. Regarding your problem, we will need to clarify for few question before we can answer your problem.
There should be a sensor attached with the cat converter. Did you remove the sensor as well when mod the extractor? If no, how do you hide the sensor with the new extractor?
devil_whiteaccent wrote:
hi there .. i am new in this forum ... i am from singapore driving a 1.3m accent .. i change extractor to 4-2-1 than i took out my cat convertor .. the engine check light lights up thik is due to detecting the carbon monoxide... is there anyway that can solve this problem
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that KB will not bring in the 1.3 model at the moment coz there are going to launch the 1.5 hatchback version soon.
1.5 version should have better FC than 1.3.
david wrote:
firstly I am not engineer in cars, just evangelist of Accent.

1.3M of Accent? Wow... just hope that KB brings in this model, will be far more fuel and cost savings.
yanz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catalytic converter...

does anybody know is there any extractor sell outside with no catalytic converter (genuine for accent)... from study, 'catalytic converter' is a unit who act as a filter so the smoke emitted from our car is environment friendly, it been fitted at any position between extractor to exhause pipe, but unfortunately the thing itself restricted the outlet exhaust flow and it redused car power about 1.5kW. Just imagine if our accent got back the 1.5kW?? Laughing Many of my friend's car take out the catalytic converter especially WAJA because their catalytic converter is seperated with their extractor but ours, it joint together so, in order to take it out is to find another extractor..

have anyone done it before..? recently for avanza the extractor is already available in the market maybe due to a lot of user at the moment..
Keong1981

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TOP SPEED near sentosa has it... just the 4-2-1 it self... + installation. Was qouted RM250.
195/55/R15
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i done my test on Speedworks at 223, but i think we better not to change it. the check light will not go off and it will blow off the fuse of ECU.

too bad our ECU have to rely on catalyt converter.
yanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend (owned avanza) faced a same problem before and he already solved it. I'll ask him and he said, make sure that the extractor equipped with the port for 'lamda sensor', the sensor is used to detect CO, temp and exhaust fume, fit the sensor back.

david wrote:
i done my test on Speedworks at 223, but i think we better not to change it. the check light will not go off and it will blow off the fuse of ECU.

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meaning with 'lamda censor', our Accent car can work?

i brought the car to KBSC 223 after installed it, after run their ECU check, 2 of 4 exhaust censor is running wor...

yanz wrote:
My friend (owned avanza) faced a same problem before and he already solved it. I'll ask him and he said, make sure that the extractor equipped with the port for 'lamda sensor', the sensor is used to detect CO, temp and exhaust fume, fit the sensor back.

david wrote:

yanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean by 2 out of 4 sensor only working..?

My friend said, usually after the exhaust manifold there will be an attachment to fix a sensor, when we change to extractor and take out the catalytic converter, maybe the extractor did'nt come with an outlet for the sensor. But he said that based on his experience with his car that is avanza, never see how accent's manifold look like.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the extractor i tested got the outlet for sensor but located just for 2 center hose, after the join of the 4 hose, there is no more sensor.

but, anyway, i will deal with their boss this weekend.

yanz wrote:
what do you mean by 2 out of 4 sensor only working..?

My friend said, usually after the exhaust manifold there will be an attachment to fix a sensor, when we change to extractor and take out the catalytic converter, maybe the extractor did'nt come with an outlet for the sensor. But he said that based on his experience with his car that is avanza, never see how accent's manifold look like.

autosyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david,

if you are keen on getting a proper extractor for your car I will ask Joey from singapore. He has got extractor from Korea for the Accent. It will have all the correct sensor ports for your car.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, please and thank you Smile

autosyn wrote:
david,

if you are keen on getting a proper extractor for your car I will ask Joey from singapore. He has got extractor from Korea for the Accent. It will have all the correct sensor ports for your car.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: