Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accents with Chevrolet models!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking about fuel consumption economical, the new Chevrolet Spark would capture people that does not want power but good FC.

It is a 800c.c. car with 4.5L/100KM (i guess this either is highway driving or BS) and in SOHC engine. I also guess that the car body is very light. Although it is starting to sell and published in the media, but the Si-Tupid website not yet updated.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.5l/100km Shocked Unbelievable!! Normally, the FC rate is determined out by the manufacturer in an ideal condition of driving. Such condition as 80kmh without any traffic interuption and straight road wihout steep hills.

Honestly, if for Highway driving at 110kmh. The ideal c.c. should be 1500 to 1600, that means the c.c below or above the range will occur higher FC.

Let say for below 1500c.c cars, normally the engine rpm will be reached about 300-500 more than above 1500c.c vehicle. The required rpm is engineered that the engine can achieve enough hp to run at certain speed. So as the rpm is higher, means engine is turning faster hence Fuel injected interval will be more.

For the above 1600c.c cars, The engine c.c. is increased related to the weight of the car. That means the heavier of car body weight will required higer c.c. engine to move it. If the engine is underpower, we have to floor the pedal more to accelerate the car.

Hahaha.. Normally Malaysia companies take quite some times to update the lastest info in the web after they launch the new product.
david wrote:
Speaking about fuel consumption economical, the new Chevrolet Spark would capture people that does not want power but good FC.

Frankly, personnaly I dun like the size of Spark coz it is slightly bigger than Kelisa. Somemore same as Kelisa, RM 40k for the small size car, not really worth for $$. If only got the budget, better buy Iswara with bigger size body and 700c.c. more engine. And im not confident driving small car, scare will be a roti canai if any accident happened. Due to safety purpose, I prefer to have medium size car with abit higher FC rather than small and less FC car.

It is a 800c.c. car with 4.5L/100KM (i guess this either is highway driving or BS) and in SOHC engine. I also guess that the car body is very light. Although it is starting to sell and published in the media, but the Si-Tupid website not yet updated.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extracted from the article online:

Quote:
The Spark is powered by a 3-cylinder, 796 cc, SOHC (Single Overhead Camshaft) fuel injected engine that develops 52 ps at 5900 rpm, and 69 Nm of torque at 4600 rpm. Mated to this engine is a 5-speed manual gearbox with a cable operated clutch and a final drive of 4.444. Top speed is claimed at 144 kilometres per hour with the 155/65 x 13 tyres. Fuel consumption is claimed to be four litres per 100 kilometres, which works out to be 5.68 sen a kilometre in fuel costs. We will verify this when we get a test car later on.

Suspension is McPherson struts at the front, with trailing link suspension at the rear. Brakes are discs in front and drums at the rear. ABS is an optional extra. There is no mention of airbags, but there are side impact beams, front and rear crumple zones, and a 2-way collapsible steering.

Source: http://www.autoworld.com.my/emzine/review/viewarticle.asp?awReviewId=1772&awCatId=RT.ATC.CAR.PV
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few comments on Spark.
Quote:
The Spark is powered by a 3-cylinder, 796 cc, SOHC (Single Overhead Camshaft) fuel injected engine that develops 52 ps at 5900 rpm, and 69 Nm of torque at 4600 rpm.

Low hp of the engine, reason is small c.c. engine
Quote:
Mated to this engine is a 5-speed manual gearbox with a cable operated clutch and a final drive of 4.444. Top speed is claimed at 144 kilometres per hour with the 155/65 x 13 tyres.

I can't imagine how is the handling if goes to 144kmh at this size of car. They try to increase the handling by increasing the size of tyre but the FC will be more.
Quote:
Fuel consumption is claimed to be four litres per 100 kilometres, which works out to be 5.68 sen a kilometre in fuel costs. We will verify this when we get a test car later on.

Unbelievable!! The journalist also not sure with the FC statement, then owner will know the real truth when they really drive the car.
Quote:
Suspension is McPherson struts at the front, with trailing link suspension at the rear. Brakes are discs in front and drums at the rear. ABS is an optional extra. There is no mention of airbags, but there are side impact beams, front and rear crumple zones, and a 2-way collapsible steering.

Suspension is OK, Braking system is OK. No ABS, somemore no Airbag. All is option, so have to pay extra RM4k for the safety devices. Im not confident with the safety of this car.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can see your point. What if the price is RM40K+ compared with others like Perodua Kenari and Hyundai/Innokom Altos?
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emm.. From my personnal point of view, if i try to compare as below:

R & D of Country

Spark - USA
Kenari - Japan and Malaysia (Backup by Daihatsu)
Atos - Korea and Malaysia (Backup by Hyundai)

Engine C.C.

Spark - 800 c.c (3-Cylinders)
Kenari - 1000c.c (3-Cylinders)
Atos - 1100c.c (4-Cylinders)

Safety Standard

Spark - US standard
Kenari - Japan Standard
Atos - Korean using US standard

From the above spec comparison, i can said that Atos will be the best choice coz if its engine c.c. is the highest ranking with 4 Cylinders and also following the US safety standard.

The second choice will be Kenari then Spark is the last choice. Wink

david wrote:
Can see your point. What if the price is RM40K+ compared with others like Perodua Kenari and Hyundai/Innokom Altos?
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very decent and high level comparison. Applause
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No la.. Its only my personnal point of view. Razz I think normally, buyers should be same as me to campare cars. There might some other ppl might have different opinion than. Frankly, i always advise ppl to go through and compare few cars spec before they decided which one car suits their requirement and also by not only judge on the outerlook of the cars. Wink
david wrote:
Very decent and high level comparison. Applause
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rule of thumb is simple, no proton and then the max of affortable budget. Then only consider by final thought on test drive, car interior and exterior.

Me is more meant to have a transport that reliable.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo.. wat a Anti-Proton same as me. Cool If from my rule, 1st, No local manufactured car. 2nd, The maximum budget that i can afford to buy. 3rd, the exterior image of the car. 4th, the spec such as technology, engine, safety level, inner system, accessories, cd player etc. 5th, Test drive the car if possible. 6th, deal best price by different dealer and squeeze the salesman commision Twisted Evil 7th, Choose the lowest interest rate bank and bargain best rate. Twisted Evil Finally, once bank approved the loan, chase the salesman to finished off the remaining document and get the car. Wink

The another thing that i will consider is the after sales and service. The parts availability in the market and the price sold. Wink
david wrote:
My rule of thumb is simple, no proton and then the max of affortable budget. Then only consider by final thought on test drive, car interior and exterior.

Me is more meant to have a transport that reliable.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but you are one difficult customer, I would not want to sell my car to you if my sales target still on the par. Razz
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.. But i think nowadays the salesman won't do like what u said just now. Do U know, there are lots of competitors in the market. Not only manufacturers to compete, the same brand also have different branch to compete. I still remember last time when im trying to survey few cars at many branches, most of the salesman will either my contact no or my visiting card. Then my nightmare begun, some of them call me back and ask my decision and also give some extra discount etc, until i get scared then decide to lie on them tell them that i had bought from X company. Liar Car selling is not that easy already.
david wrote:
Sorry but you are one difficult customer, I would not want to sell my car to you if my sales target still on the par. Razz
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me is different, i read up from their website, call the sales office and the SA come and pick me up from home nearby to the showroom, test drive then i come back on another day, make deposit.

The reason me being so easy going with them is because i need a car that time, the old car was given back to my inlaws.

Another thing is i can get the same feeling as being a sales person because i been inside their shoe, i know how difficult is life, i personally believe that we make easy way for others, God will make our ways easier.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get your point of view. But i have some opinion by my experience. For this accent, i have went to few dealers at different places to compare their prices. One dealer give me a discount of RM3k, another one give me RM7k and some dun give any discount at all. So after i finalised it, i found that KB is giving the best deal from others because KB is the main distributor. Beside of that, the Salesman still comfort to give me somemore discount from their commission. So i choose the best commission then go to his showroom for further discount discussion. Then after some chat and discussion for best deal, he had given me his best price then i think and accept it. I didn't force him to cut below his minimum commision. I also been a salesman before and understand their situation. But frankly speaking, i believed that every salesman definately got their minimum target of commision for every sales. But as a customer, he got rights to bargain until he satisfiedof the deal. If the customer really like to goes beyond their best deal, they will choose to give up. I believed that they won't do any loss business and simply let customer to deal as they wish. But sometimes the salesman is nasty to aim for high commision for their own sles. I still remember recently, some advice by the government in the tv advertise and advise consumer to do smart when shopping. I believed everybody will try to find the best deal when doing any shopping. Wink
david wrote:
To me is different, i read up from their website, call the sales office and the SA come and pick me up from home nearby to the showroom, test drive then i come back on another day, make deposit.

The reason me being so easy going with them is because i need a car that time, the old car was given back to my inlaws.

Another thing is i can get the same feeling as being a sales person because i been inside their shoe, i know how difficult is life, i personally believe that we make easy way for others, God will make our ways easier.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right on this matter. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: