Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing Belt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noname, there are really many turning left/right needed to go there. Try to print out the direction given, bring it along and take your patient to find it. If necessary, you can asked the petrol station there. There are a petrol station on your right before the other end of Public bank. Enquire them the direction to Segambut, and i think they will easily show you the way.

So far temporary i can provide you first the Company name. The company name is Mobis Hyundai Sdn. Bhd. Wink
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Noname, there are really many turning left/right needed to go there. Try to print out the direction given, bring it along and take your patient to find it. If necessary, you can asked the petrol station there. There are a petrol station on your right before the other end of Public bank. Enquire them the direction to Segambut, and i think they will easily show you the way.

So far temporary i can provide you first the Company name. The company name is Mobis Hyundai Sdn. Bhd. Wink

thanks mate. i will ask further from my collegue who stay at segambut. i think he know where is it coz he hardcore mod car...
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found out where is it already... perhap will go one day and check out the brake pad price... Very Happy
jef
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an authorise spare parts in northern region? png and kedah

KCKS wrote:
Hey Guys,

FYI, Recently I just found an authorised Genuine Hyundai/Kia parts reseller which introduced by SA of KB. I had went there and checked the price of our common parts that we need for Accent. I was shocked of the markup margin of KB price. KB informed me that the timing belt kits (Belt, tension pulley) is around RM2XX but i found out the reseller price is actually RM150. Shocked There are some other apre parts items price difference really make me mad. I had checked out that the seller is really a authorised spare parts partnership with Hyundai in Korea. The company opened a branch here to import the parts from their HQ and KB SA told me that their parts is taken from Sime Darby group. That means that Sime is the middle man company to import the parts, markup Overhead then sell to KB. Then KB markup Overhead and sells to Car Owners.

Besides KB, the sellers also introduced a competant workshop to do the timing belt changing which is located at Jln Ipoh. They also advice me that don't ever simply let the outside normal workshop perform the job, it will kill your car! Shocked I already got the workshop business card but still haven't contact him coz my mileage just nearly 35k km. The actual mileage to change the timing belt is around 60k-65k km. Possible don't drag it more than 70k km for safety reason. For those who live in city area, we must bear in mind that beside the car is moving. The time that the engine keep spinning when we warm up the car and also during we caught in the traffic jam Exclamation
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolx... kill your car? what they really mean is "i want to earn all your service money and now i will curse your car to be problematic if you dont come back and do every service in my place!!!"

jef wrote:
Is there an authorise spare parts in northern region? png and kedah

KCKS wrote:
Hey Guys,

FYI, Recently I just found an authorised Genuine Hyundai/Kia parts reseller which introduced by SA of KB. I had went there and checked the price of our common parts that we need for Accent. I was shocked of the markup margin of KB price. KB informed me that the timing belt kits (Belt, tension pulley) is around RM2XX but i found out the reseller price is actually RM150. Shocked There are some other apre parts items price difference really make me mad. I had checked out that the seller is really a authorised spare parts partnership with Hyundai in Korea. The company opened a branch here to import the parts from their HQ and KB SA told me that their parts is taken from Sime Darby group. That means that Sime is the middle man company to import the parts, markup Overhead then sell to KB. Then KB markup Overhead and sells to Car Owners.

Besides KB, the sellers also introduced a competant workshop to do the timing belt changing which is located at Jln Ipoh. They also advice me that don't ever simply let the outside normal workshop perform the job, it will kill your car! Shocked I already got the workshop business card but still haven't contact him coz my mileage just nearly 35k km. The actual mileage to change the timing belt is around 60k-65k km. Possible don't drag it more than 70k km for safety reason. For those who live in city area, we must bear in mind that beside the car is moving. The time that the engine keep spinning when we warm up the car and also during we caught in the traffic jam Exclamation

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another word is they dun want you to service your car outside. if so, they will loss business...

nowadays i dont go to KBSC ... just go to authorised service centre will do. faster and cheaper...
osaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to update and maybe for future info for others..

During CNY back to kampung..just check2 with one of the sparepart..(the shop that my friend-formen always get the items/parts)
so when waiting for him..i just ask2 that shop the parts for accent timing belt.Below the price :

1) Timing Belt+Bearing=RM265 (ORIGINAL always come is separated..never comes with box,same like daihatsu.P2..).
2) Aircond Belt (common brand-similiar like others car uses but can tahan lama =RM22.00
3) Power stering belt(same like above) = 14.00

so ONLY THIS (if u talking just matter of "change timing belt"..
That towkey show me the carbon receipt ..+- 2-3 pieces show that the other formen orders for change of timing belt for Accent..

so..i calculate
120.00 Upah (normally 100-130.00)

421 total. that's it!

my friend formen can change coz he did last time.
"He said..if u familiar with iswara engine..for sure u alsa can change the accent one.."
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so u meaning that iswara and accent - having the similar design of timing belt .... due to same SOHC. ahaha...

timing belt - be aware of what you getting. do more research on genuine belt... coz you wouldnt want a cheap one and then snap in the middle.
srideran
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: just clarification Reply with quote

hi all i just new hyundai rxs owner. for just 4 days the ODO meter of my car says obout 500 km more then 100 km daily, is this will make my car problem later or. because all my friend say that if i drive this way i will over strain my car and condemd my car, is that all right i travel all the days,its just 5 days i bought this car. pls advise me thanks
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srideran, don't worry, it's fine as long as you don't redline most of the time.
clkwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just change mine at 70+K at rm 480 include labour. I travel outstation every alternate week to penang and other places like melaka. tried travelling from malaka to penang few times. its more than 500+ km in 1 day. So dont worry, as long as u keep ur car in good condition and had it check regularly. Cheers Mate. I service my car every 5000 to 6000K even i use fully syn oil.
cancer5854
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no harm if service our car frequently even use full synthetic oil, rite Question Question
clkwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No harm.
dfxeax
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Did anyone had ever change their Timing Belt? The Timing Belt interval changing is every 60,000 km. As per the KBSA information, the changing of timing belt will cost around RM300. Rolling Eyes

Well...for my car the cost of changing timing belt is RM350 include labour, it consists of 1 timing belt, 1 timing bearing, 1 timing oil seal & 1 camshaft oil seal, all together is 1 set.
sharirm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any cheaper price can get to do the timing belt changing ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: