Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing Belt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samchoo
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

safaripark13 wrote:
bro samchoo
best is KBSC Jalan 223 or Jalan Ipoh. You will get the comfort level for the service done here. I done mine at Jalan 223. With major service. No complaint.

thanks for replying, bro safaripark13 Smile
osaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Members,

BE ALERT for those mileage almost a 80k ( i cant recall ours is 70k or 80k?) my friend working at KIA told me at least once a week Spectra broke down due to "putus" the timing belt..got two case as at now the belt "putus" before the factory manuals.

Maybe can goes to our accent to coz from same Korean engines.

just fyi,
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be safe, change timing belt around 60K to 65K period... no point saving for around 10K mileage...
konzen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
to be safe, change timing belt around 60K to 65K period... no point saving for around 10K mileage...

i think best to change every think in 50K easy and safer hehee example spark plugs,brakes,timing belt,tranmission oil, brake oli,power steering oil
basicly full service lol
remember "PLAY SAFE" Razz
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: do the changing at KBSC Reply with quote

I just did my timing belt changing at somewhere call the Topspeed at Subang USJ, please don't repeat my mistake, coz their workmanship was suck and terrible, although is cheaper, end up i still need to bring back the KBSC at old klang road to adjust the belts setting again. Evil or Very Mad
zamin
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven,

so wat have they done?
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: do the changing at KBSC Reply with quote

you mean they didnt fit the timing belt properly or they dunno how to fit on accent car?
osaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c'mon le friends..for some "sensistive parts" please le dont do at normal workshop...please go to KB or authorised ctre..
unless you want change things like drive shaft,absorber..coz our car not like "popular" car e.g totota,proton...maybe they not really experienced on that..
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i did ask the kbsc at klang lama, we can get the belt from outside which the SA also agree that the price will be cheaper, and their labour only RM145 if i not mistaken, so end up i still save some money to do other stuff like other major servicing, anyway i wan to recommend the kbsc at klang lama to all accentian, they are really good in service Very Happy
shane82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
well, i did ask the kbsc at klang lama, we can get the belt from outside which the SA also agree that the price will be cheaper, and their labour only RM145 if i not mistaken, so end up i still save some money to do other stuff like other major servicing, anyway i wan to recommend the kbsc at klang lama to all accentian, they are really good in service Very Happy

i think i don think so..coz i tried before..the mechanic workers still ok but the counter service is not that good..ask the gal call me to arrange appointment to change headlight..until 2 mth also didt call somemore i the 1 who call back them...

sh@ne @ RX-S
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

FYI, Recently I just found an authorised Genuine Hyundai/Kia parts reseller which introduced by SA of KB. I had went there and checked the price of our common parts that we need for Accent. I was shocked of the markup margin of KB price. KB informed me that the timing belt kits (Belt, tension pulley) is around RM2XX but i found out the reseller price is actually RM150. Shocked There are some other apre parts items price difference really make me mad. I had checked out that the seller is really a authorised spare parts partnership with Hyundai in Korea. The company opened a branch here to import the parts from their HQ and KB SA told me that their parts is taken from Sime Darby group. That means that Sime is the middle man company to import the parts, markup Overhead then sell to KB. Then KB markup Overhead and sells to Car Owners.

Besides KB, the sellers also introduced a competant workshop to do the timing belt changing which is located at Jln Ipoh. They also advice me that don't ever simply let the outside normal workshop perform the job, it will kill your car! Shocked I already got the workshop business card but still haven't contact him coz my mileage just nearly 35k km. The actual mileage to change the timing belt is around 60k-65k km. Possible don't drag it more than 70k km for safety reason. For those who live in city area, we must bear in mind that beside the car is moving. The time that the engine keep spinning when we warm up the car and also during we caught in the traffic jam Exclamation
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

may i know where is the place of the authorised spare part?
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shop is at Segambut area near to Jln Ipoh. If you come down from KB Jln Ipoh which KB at right hand(towards KL). After a traffic light, you will notice public bank at the right, take right turn after the bank (its like a U-turn back to KB). You will come to another traffic light, keep left and take to left road (road to a round-about which junction to Jln Kuching and Jln Duta)(50m) and keep to right lane to a traffic light. Turn right after the traffic light. Keep right and go straight, keep notice the right hand side shop (about 80m). You will see the reseller with big Hyundai Logo which is located near behind of the bus stand. Take a U-turn at the front traffic light to go near there.

noname wrote:
may i know where is the place of the authorised spare part?
osaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know that shop before..just next to others spare shop and kopi shop if not mistake..we can see clearly the hyundai logo..
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any sign or famous n building round? kinda blur when read the direction... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: