Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing Belt
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Timing Belt Reply with quote

Did anyone had ever change their Timing Belt? The Timing Belt interval changing is every 60,000 km. As per the KBSA information, the changing of timing belt will cost around RM300. Rolling Eyes
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

KCKS, I've never change my Timing Belt yet cause have not reach the time to change.
KCKS wrote:
Did anyone had ever change their Timing Belt? The Timing Belt interval changing is every 60,000 km. As per the KBSA information, the changing of timing belt will cost around RM300. Rolling Eyes

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:

yes, too early to talk about this Timing Belt.... Shocked btw, where u get the price for changing of timing belt ? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

Guys, its very fast to change the timing belt if the car always travels for outstation. Smile Like myself, now OD is very near 3k only for 3 weeks car, if calculate 1k for each week for me, i will need to change the timing belt around 2 years Shocked So now i need to start consider for timing belt already. Crying or Very sad
I saw the paper cutting price list from one of the spare part shop (Hyundai authorised spare parts dealer). The installation fee information is i get from scst when i order the accent, he told me it cost RM100+ for workmanship. The Parts + workmanship is around RM300. Shocked

slbeh wrote:
KCKS wrote:

yes, too early to talk about this Timing Belt.... Shocked btw, where u get the price for changing of timing belt ? Question
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Guys, its very fast to change the timing belt if the car always travels for outstation. Smile Like myself, now OD is very near 3k only for 3 weeks car, if calculate 1k for each week for me, i will need to change the timing belt around 2 years Shocked So now i need to start consider for timing belt already. Crying or Very sad
I saw the paper cutting price list from one of the spare part shop (Hyundai authorised spare parts dealer). The installation fee information is i get from scst when i order the accent, he told me it cost RM100+ for workmanship. The Parts + workmanship is around RM300. Shocked

Thank for the info, as for me only 500km~800km per month...I may only need to change it 3~4 year later Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

Im wonder whether outside got mechanics also can do the changing of the timing belt or not. As we all know, the SC sure charge higher than outside. But one thing, only worry about the competent of the foreman causing more troublesome to the engine. Confused Ill try to check out the price of other Hyundai authorised service center out of KBSC. Wink

slbeh wrote:
KCKS wrote:

Thank for the info, as for me only 500km~800km per month...I may only need to change it 3~4 year later Confused
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

My advice is to have it inspected every 2 years or every 45,000km. Due to our hot climate, the rubber may harden or tear much faster than its suppose to be, but not to worry, cause it has a fail safe period.
Mine is almost 2 years but my millage is 45,000km. I guess another year or so before I've to changed it.
slbeh wrote:
KCKS wrote:

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

KCKS, a lot of mechanics can change the timing belt for us, but its the matter of quality parts, and as you mention, competency of the mechanics.
Good that you're checking out those Authorised Hyundai SC and do share what you find out so as the rest of us.
My advice, go back to KB SC and if they create problems, we can claim from them!!! Twisted Evil
KCKS wrote:
Im wonder whether outside got mechanics also can do the changing of the timing belt or not. As we all know, the SC sure charge higher than outside. But one thing, only worry about the competent of the foreman causing more troublesome to the engine. Confused Ill try to check out the price of other Hyundai authorised service center out of KBSC. Wink

slbeh wrote:
KCKS wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

I got one doubt. We can just compare with the Japanese car or our well-known Proton. We can have the choice to have 2 types of timing belt. One type is standard which can go for 60,000km and the other one can go up to 100,000km. Why Hyundai only got one type (60,000km) which cause us to have it change faster and also impact of frequent replacement charges if compare with 100,000km. Maybe they concern $$$. Crying or Very sad
Btw, mechanics also advise to change the Engine Oil Seal everytime we change the timing belt to prevent the engine oil leak in middle of the timimg belt lifespan cause timing belt tear faster. Then faster timing belt rechange when changing the oil seal. Idea I wonder whether Hyundai change the engine oil seal when doing the timing belt replacement or not Question

marky wrote:
My advice is to have it inspected every 2 years or every 45,000km. Due to our hot climate, the rubber may harden or tear much faster than its suppose to be, but not to worry, cause it has a fail safe period.
Mine is almost 2 years but my millage is 45,000km. I guess another year or so before I've to changed it.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

I guess its better to change it in a shorter period compared to a longer period cause to prevent a very heavy repair cost when it breaks.
For major replacement of parts, best to go back KB SC and have it changed there and at the same time observer what they did so the next time, we can go to other Authorised Hyundai SC and know what they're doing.
KCKS wrote:
I got one doubt. We can just compare with the Japanese car or our well-known Proton. We can have the choice to have 2 types of timing belt. One type is standard which can go for 60,000km and the other one can go up to 100,000km. Why Hyundai only got one type (60,000km) which cause us to have it change faster and also impact of frequent replacement charges if compare with 100,000km. Maybe they concern $$$. Crying or Very sad
Btw, mechanics also advise to change the Engine Oil Seal everytime we change the timing belt to prevent the engine oil leak in middle of the timimg belt lifespan cause timing belt tear faster. Then faster timing belt rechange when changing the oil seal. Idea I wonder whether Hyundai change the engine oil seal when doing the timing belt replacement or not Question

marky wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

Agree. if the timing belt damage when we are riding the car. Shocked Shocked There will be big damage to the entire engine. That time cry also nothing will help, the pocket will burn a very big whole. Shocked
I also agreed that its better to sent back to KBSC for major parts replacement just to get confident for the repair. Later stage if any problem occur at the repaired area, the SC should atleast responsible it without telling other story. Wink
marky wrote:
I guess its better to change it in a shorter period compared to a longer period cause to prevent a very heavy repair cost when it breaks.
For major replacement of parts, best to go back KB SC and have it changed there and at the same time observer what they did so the next time, we can go to other Authorised Hyundai SC and know what they're doing.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

KCKS, not only the pocket burn lar, whole pants also burn lar. That time, only drink water for few months lor.

Anyway, major serving like:
1) Timing Belt
2) Clutch plates
3) Water pump for radiator
4) Overhaul (top and major)
5) Fuel Injectors

Should always be send back to KB SC and not Authorised SC. This is to avoid any misunderstading during claim if after service problems.

For other minor service like change engine oil,change brake etc, you can take it to Hyundai Authorised SC.
KCKS wrote:
Agree. if the timing belt damage when we are riding the car. Shocked Shocked There will be big damage to the entire engine. That time cry also nothing will help, the pocket will burn a very big whole. Shocked
I also agreed that its better to sent back to KBSC for major parts replacement just to get confident for the repair. Later stage if any problem occur at the repaired area, the SC should atleast responsible it without telling other story. Wink
marky wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

Its definately a nightmare for car owners.
If we estimate the price for parts and workmanship for the major service you mentioned.

1) Timing Belt - approx. RM300
2) Clutch plates - approx. RM400, actual price might need to survey later.
3) Water pump for radiator - approx. RM200, actual price dunno yet.
4) Overhaul (top and major) - approx. RM1k depends condition.
5) Fuel Injectors - Approx. RM100 for service only. Parts cost dunno yet.

So the pocket and the pants will be also burn if few above items come in once. Mad Mad Shocked Shocked

marky wrote:
KCKS, not only the pocket burn lar, whole pants also burn lar. That time, only drink water for few months lor.

1) Timing Belt
2) Clutch plates
5) Fuel Injectors

Should always be send back to KB SC and not Authorised SC. This is to avoid any misunderstading during claim if after service problems.

For other minor service like change engine oil,change brake etc, you can take it to Hyundai Authorised SC.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

Thats why best to have frequent checks at around 40,000km. Timing belt is the most important part in a car. Without it, our Accent is just a big piece of metal.
KCKS wrote:
Its definately a nightmare for car owners.
If we estimate the price for parts and workmanship for the major service you mentioned.

1) Timing Belt - approx. RM300
2) Clutch plates - approx. RM400, actual price might need to survey later.
3) Water pump for radiator - approx. RM200, actual price dunno yet.
4) Overhaul (top and major) - approx. RM1k depends condition.
5) Fuel Injectors - Approx. RM100 for service only. Parts cost dunno yet.

So the pocket and the pants will be also burn if few above items come in once. Mad Mad Shocked Shocked

marky wrote:

1) Timing Belt
2) Clutch plates
5) Fuel Injectors

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Belt Reply with quote

The older the car is, the more parts we are going to change already. Sad Its best to reserve and save some money every month, so we won't jump up when we have to pay a big sum of $$$ to repair car.
Without timing belt, the accent can only be kept at a corner as a decorative purpose.
marky wrote:
Thats why best to have frequent checks at around 40,000km. Timing belt is the most important part in a car. Without it, our Accent is just a big piece of metal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: