Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crack on Windshield
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evolove15
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Crack on Windshield Reply with quote

Guys,

I dunno how the hell I got this crack on my windshield... from the side... and it's getting longer and longer. How much will it cost me for repair? Also, I have installed ecotint... do I need to pay again after they replaced the windshield?
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Crack on windshield Reply with quote

evolove15 wrote:
Guys,

I dunno how the hell I got this crack on my windshield... from the side... and it's getting longer and longer. How much will it cost me for repair? Also, I have installed ecotint... do I need to pay again after they replaced the windshield?

evolove15,
so sad to heard about this Embarassed

If I am not mistaken, I think around RM80 to RM180 per vehicle, depend on the cracked side
http://www.windscreen.com.my/index.asp

u can ask them to re-tint the ecotint for u FOC in this case
but make sure u confirm with them first before u go to repair the windscreen Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
evolove15
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does KB warranty our windscreen? I think it's a defect in the windscreen coz the crack is from the side from under the rubber... I don't think it's caused by anything like foreign object... hmm. Sad case...
Babyh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evolove15 wrote:
Does KB warranty our windscreen? I think it's a defect in the windscreen coz the crack is from the side from under the rubber... I don't think it's caused by anything like foreign object... hmm. Sad case...

If like this, better send to KB for their inspection before doing anything. Who knows, maybe it's under warranty..................
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babyh wrote:
evolove15 wrote:

If like this, better send to KB for their inspection before doing anything. Who knows, maybe it's under warranty..................

yes, evolove15,
send ur car to Jln Ipoh SC first to ask for warranty before u do anything Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jackz2
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.....
it happen to me today...my windscreen sunddenly crack frm driver side.
I already called kahbintang speak to Norehan.She said can claim for warranty and also i'm not the cutomer complaint about tat. that mean for accent 1st & 2nd bact the windscreen not very good quality. I will going to Jln 223 when the stock arrive to fit it .
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackz2 wrote:
Hi guys.....
I already called kahbintang speak to Norehan.She said can claim for warranty and also i'm not the cutomer complaint about tat. that mean for accent 1st & 2nd bact the windscreen not very good quality. I will going to Jln 223 when the stock arrive to fit it .

do not scare me lah Crying or Very sad
my accent is btw 1st and 2nd batch lah
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

u can refer to
KB body & paint center
550-552, batu 3 1/4
jalan Ipoh 51200 KL
tel:03-62511288/62522322
for the body repair works/paint & respray works/windscreen repair/replacement (within 3 hours)/aircond repair & service/wheel alignment & wheel balancing/ accessories installation/polishing & waxing service/insurance claims consultant work
Hurricane
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked ooi.... no idea my car which batch la... got it end of june... anyone can tell me?

windscreen got warranty meh? i remember my SA told me i need to buy insurans for it as it is not included in waranty... she even say it will cost around RM1000 if repair... hmmm.... Question Question Question
Babyh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane wrote:
Shocked ooi.... no idea my car which batch la... got it end of june... anyone can tell me?

windscreen got warranty meh? i remember my SA told me i need to buy insurans for it as it is not included in waranty... she even say it will cost around RM1000 if repair... hmmm.... Question Question Question

This insurance is to cover breakage of windscreen by flying objects. As for this case, it is the factory's defect. But I think not worth buying coz you can only claim once in a year only.............
rays39
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackz2 wrote:
Hi guys.....

JACKZ2;

Did u went to jln 223 KBPJ today???
May i know what colour did u driving ???
it'zit....forest jade clour( similar dark blue)...
evolove15
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I went to the 223 SC today... mine is the one with forest jade. I think most probably can claim. At first one indian guy told me to claim insurance... then I insist that it's the glass defect... so some other guys came out and say most probably can claim and took some pictures. I'll wait until next week for their call... if not I'll call them up.
jackz2
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guy....
My windscreen already change yesterday at SC jln Ipoh . so far ok but take very long to complete to installed and tinted. 10am to 4.30pm.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ppl,
Just wondering, where does the crack comes from? I mean which part of the windscreen? I need to check on it before my warranty ends.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: windscreen.. Reply with quote

i jz came back from the KB SC today to check the water leaking problem..and the man told me the windscreen crack due to the installer din installed the windscreen in a right and fit position..so the screen can't stand the pressure..and crack..y he told me that..coz they suspect the water leaking due to that possible also..
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinhai8 wrote:
i noticed that i a scatch inside the windscreen when my car is under the sunlight.Is that the sign my windscreen gonna crack??got any idea??
the windscreen got clear scatches but crack i not sure about it.

go to KB SC to ask them to check & confirm whether this is the scatches on the windscreen or the of the tint first
if this is the crack on the windscreen then u shall repair it first or if this is the bubble then ask them to replace the new u-kool for windscreen for u
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: