Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Perodua Models!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chinhai8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Compare Hyundai Accent with Perodua Models! Reply with quote

What is the price for Myvi??.....anyone own or test drive it before?.....got any comment on this car??......
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Myvi!! Reply with quote

Sorry been pretty busy for test driving few cars. But will get down to it later and I'll post my personal feedback then.
chinhai8 wrote:
What is the price for Myvi??.....anyone own or test drive it before?.....got any comment on this car??......

chinhai8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone in here own or test drive Myvi before?....Can give any comment on this car??....i go to saw it in Perodua at Puchong area....is feel nice for me....but its safety features not good compare to accent and it is very light.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not test drive the car yet. Will do that when I'm back to USJ. But I did check out the car.I agree with you that the safety features is not that good. Only good point is the ABS and Airbag. The wider gap between frames which makes it look big and heavy.
chinhai8 wrote:
Anyone in here own or test drive Myvi before?....Can give any comment on this car??....i go to saw it in Perodua at Puchong area....is feel nice for me....but its safety features not good compare to accent and it is very light.

chinhai8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look is heavy only....when you compare the sound closing the door with accent you will notice that it is more lighter than accent... Very Happy
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, cut cost means thin metal plates. So have to be very careful when driving local cars.
chinhai8 wrote:
Look is heavy only....when you compare the sound closing the door with accent you will notice that it is more lighter than accent... Very Happy

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its right. Many ppl said that local car's body plate is like "Tau Foo". You can imagine how a "Tau Foo" crashed when hit with a rock Exclamation Its not comply with the international safety standard. Local car makers just bully local ppl by cutting cost to gain more profit. We can compare our local market quality with the export quality. (Prices of 1 No local car = Prices of 2 Nos. export car). Many ppl buy it because of the price but didn't to consider the safety for themselves when driving the car. Exclamation When realised maybe too late. Idea

marky wrote:
As usual, cut cost means thin metal plates. So have to be very careful when driving local cars.
chinhai8 wrote:
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why, if want to buy local cars, have to find those export models.
One of my friend bought Waja Export model. Has ABS, AirBags, its heavier cause its tougher and leather quality better. I did not believe it was export model when my friend told me the price. Same price as local model. Only reason it was not exported was because of less demands (how true, don't know lar).
Last time I almost bought one model which is use by those delegates from oversea.The last event where the WAJA was black in colour (forgot what was it lio). Was looking for that car but they mark up the price higher than the local Waja.
KCKS wrote:
Its right. Many ppl said that local car's body plate is like "Tau Foo". You can imagine how a "Tau Foo" crashed when hit with a rock Exclamation Its not comply with the international safety standard. Local car makers just bully local ppl by cutting cost to gain more profit. We can compare our local market quality with the export quality. (Prices of 1 No local car = Prices of 2 Nos. export car). Many ppl buy it because of the price but didn't to consider the safety for themselves when driving the car. Exclamation When realised maybe too late. Idea

marky wrote:
chinhai8 wrote:

Hurricane
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

test drive both Myvi & Savvy a week ago...

conclusion: leave savvy aside... dont even have 2 see... the car is solid & hard as it claims... the feeling of driving it: KERAS in everything... no good...

in comparison, Myvi was a surprise. The handling was good... suspension is comparable to our accent.. VERY SPACIOUS!!! ABS & airbag is really attractive, as it reduces mortality greatly from studies... good pricing for a car like that... at least more affordable for low income people like me... Wink
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that My-Vi FC is quite good. RM50 can reach 380km in city driving, that means 8.12l/100km and 13 cents per km. Smile

The overall is comfortable for me except:

1. Exterior - Front design is nice Smile but the rear bumper is too big like a big buttock Sad
2. Interior - Everything is fine and spacious Smile except the 4 aircon blower outlet design is not standardize and there is a fixed CD radio without MP3 to the dashboard and it is no future option to upgrade to others head units. Sad
3. Engine - New technology and powered by Toyota Smile , but maintainance parts cost is similar expensive as Toyota. Sad
4. Safety - Include ABS and Airbag Smile but the body steel plate is thin Sad No crash test rating report announced Sad
5. Quality - Seems reasonable Smile but still doubt for long run Rolling Eyes

Its good handling for city driving but no sure for highway driving. Rolling Eyes Did anyone tested it with speed of 130kmh above?
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have buy this Myvi instead of Accent should the car launched last year. Selling Accent now would mean throwing money in the drain. I went for a look few weeks ago. When I went back to my car, my car seems so small.....
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The passanger space for My-Vi is spacious Very Happy but the rear luaguage space is small coz its hatchback. Its not quite suitable for outstation vacation. Sad
Hurricane
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highcurrent, no need to regret... initially i had the same feeling, but our accent worth the money... u cant deny that it is a comfortable car... so far performance of mine still ok. Wink soon u will be seeing myvi everywhere, like seeing wira everywhere... hows the feeling?? Twisted Evil
BaDaMz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon? It's already now..
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now My-Vi is getting normal to the market, nothing special already. Embarassed Now i didn't bother purposely spot it except others less quantity models. Frankly, i always try to spot Accents around. I still feel that Accents worth more than My-VI la. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: