Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Perodua Models!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: MyVi Review Reply with quote

Hi All,

I had a chance to test drive MyVi but not the test drive car. Apparently, the test drive car, which has the normal specs (without ABS and AirBag) was involve in an accident when customer was test driving it!!! I really had a good laugh when I left the show room!!!

Anyway, I paid a visit to Glenmarie's Perodua's Centre for the test drive. It was around 12 in the afternoon when I test drive a new car which they are about to deliver it to their customer.

The unit was Premium (with ABS and AirBag)
Number of passenger: 4 adults including the SA
Test drive route, Perodua < > DRB HQ < > Caltex. It was a short route cause its their customer's car so dare not want me to damage it.

My review:
Body design is nice. Very spacesious. Door as claim can open wider then normal cars. The premium was using Goodyear NCT5. Insulation was 70% quiet from external noise. Seats are semi hard, maybe after 2 or 3 years it will be soft already. Aircond was not cold even at minimum temperature and at high speed. Even if left the car running for 5 mins before driving it, its still not cold enough. The blower was even louder when the glove compartment was open. As for the meters, it will illuminate when the car starts giving it a good and nice look. Display was white in colour. ODO,Trip,Petrol etc., whcih is the same as our Accent A/T has can be found in M/T and A/T models. Centre console has a nice design but disadvantage is when need to change the player, there's a lot of work to be done. The SA said its Clarion model but I can't verify it cause its 'hidden'.
Handling wise, slightly better than Kenari. This is because its using Torso Beam which gives a harder feeling. But still can be improve with better and harder suspensions and absorbers. Power wise, as declared by Perodua, its not up to expectation. The A/T responds was slow and jerky when it changes.Acceleration was not as a 1.3 engine despite it is under the hood. Some changes can be made so that CAI is possible and also to use bigger Plug cables which will increase the HP a little bit. They are not using the actual ABS but similar with ours which is a Mechanical type. I did not see any ABS controller box like those in City or Vios or Altis etc.
Safety, my opinion is bad! The rear bumper is just screw on and no secondary absorbers. Its just like a Wira's bumper. As for the front, its too close to the engine bay. Only a few replaceable bars which protect it from the engine.
Overall, not worth paying RM48+K for a car like that which the only good point is the ABS and AirBag (which might not work also!!! Evil or Very Mad hahahah)

Anyway, what is writen above is just my personal opinion from today's test drive. Each individual's view is different after the test drive.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think better get a korea car instead of malaysia car lah...all almost the same 1...safety features is lousy which it is important for us Very Happy Very Happy
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help it lor. Want more pay more lor...
chinhai8 wrote:
I think better get a korea car instead of malaysia car lah...all almost the same 1...safety features is lousy which it is important for us Very Happy Very Happy

chinhai8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is for sure la!! Very Happy Very Happy
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have time, go test drive lar. Puchong there a lot of Car showrooms mar. Very Happy Then you post your review here. No need so pro, just what you think of the car.
chinhai8 wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, since after reading your comment. I feel that its not necessary for me to testing the car already.

Im really doubt of the performance of their 1.3l DOHC 16V DVVT engine which is similar with the Toyota 1.3l DOHC 16V vvt-i engine claimes its very powerful and also latest technology with EFI. It should be more powerful than other same C.C. of engine but its Embarassed

Somemore they are not really honest to clarify their ABS as Mechanical type/PCV type as our Accent do in their brouchere. Really a Liar to the consumer.

Now i only came across that the bumper is similar with Wira one. Really Shocked me. Lousy safety. Mad

marky wrote:
if you have time, go test drive lar. Puchong there a lot of Car showrooms mar. Very Happy Then you post your review here. No need so pro, just what you think of the car.
chinhai8 wrote:
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad even suggest to mod the bumper so that it will be tougher after he check under the car and behind the bumper!!! hahahahaha....
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really Shocked for me to hear that Perodua designed the bumper as the Proton Wira. Mad Im wondering the meaning of safety in their mind. Rolling Eyes
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a chance, go to the back of the car, look under the back of the bumper and see what I mean.
KCKS wrote:
Its really Shocked for me to hear that Perodua designed the bumper as the Proton Wira. Mad Im wondering the meaning of safety in their mind. Rolling Eyes

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will go and check out the points you given and ask it in silly way to the SA. See how they answer me. Twisted Evil
marky wrote:
If you have a chance, go to the back of the car, look under the back of the bumper and see what I mean.
KCKS wrote:
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do share your questions and answers during your 'interview' with Per2 people. hehehehe...
KCKS wrote:
Will go and check out the points you given and ask it in silly way to the SA. See how they answer me. Twisted Evil
marky wrote:
KCKS wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green hehehe.. will do, but nowadays very lazy to go there coz totally not interested of the car already Embarassed

Btw, today i saw a megazine which got some picture to mod the My-Vi. The whole car is added with custom made skirts and roof spoiler. The best part that i see is the rear skirt had nicely done to cover the original look of the big buttock of the car. Laughing Somemore the roof skirt is about 8 inch height. Cool

marky wrote:
Do share your questions and answers during your 'interview' with Per2 people. hehehehe...
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense but to me MyVi like a ladybird car.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehehe...I get what you mean. sometimes, it looks cute, sometimes it does not.
david wrote:
No offense but to me MyVi like a ladybird car.

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not cute at all, the Daimler Crysler already used the name "Cute" Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: