Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Colours for Hyundai Accent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i only polish my car less than 5 times in almost 4 years car. yet the paint still look new to many people who said it... Very Happy

anyway, the blueish black... equal to same to me = still black. so black color = hard to maintain plus absorb heat too.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black is cool, i always wanted black...Forest Jade look suck lah..anyway...never regret also to choose the gold colour, coz don't need to wash everyday..hehe..i am a very lazy person, especially these few days..woke up morning see the sky..also black colour..not dare to wash the car so often also..
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. Forest Jade really looks not 100% black. At first i though it is black with abit greyish but after awhile i notice it abit blue also. Really confusing me:? So im wondering how KB gonna register the colour to JPJ. Blue?? Black?? Confused I saw it once at the petrol station during night time. It will more easily to differentiate out the forest jade is not black colour. Rolling Eyes

ycsteven wrote:
Black is cool, i always wanted black...Forest Jade look suck lah..anyway...never regret also to choose the gold colour, coz don't need to wash everyday..hehe..i am a very lazy person, especially these few days..woke up morning see the sky..also black colour..not dare to wash the car so often also..
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just curious. did KB have the intention to have new color instead of black color now?

*side track* accent consider as imported car or local car since it assemble here?
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. So far KB only spray the car at Gold, Silver, Black. For the others colour, its depends the requirement of the market. The colour out of the 3 basic colour is consider limited edition colour.

Accent is consider the CKD (Complete Knocked Down) car which all parts is totally assembled in Malaysia. Normally, the main parts will be import from Korea while the remaining accessories will be locally manufacture. Accent be cannot consider as a local car. Wink
noname wrote:
just curious. did KB have the intention to have new color instead of black color now?

*side track* accent consider as imported car or local car since it assemble here?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the request, but normally its 'special' colours which will be release.

As for our Accent, it is still considered Imported car as the major parts etc., comes from Korea.
noname wrote:

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
It depends on the request, but normally its 'special' colours which will be release.

As for our Accent, it is still considered Imported car as the major parts etc., comes from Korea.
noname wrote:

normally how long need to wait if we request to spray different colour?

*side track*... CKD - local or imported car? some ppl say different thing. pening.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
marky wrote:

noname wrote:

*side track*... CKD - local or imported car? some ppl say different thing. pening.
i'm not very sure, but as old car, if you wan to repaint the whole car included the internal part(like engine part) it will take bout 1 to 2 weeks only..
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKD means the whole car comes in parts in container loads. Like a whole container full of left front doors. And it is made and pack in Korea. Then when it reach here, its assemble here in Malaysia. Its considered as Imported Cars cause the parts are not locally made.
Thats why CKD =Completely Knock Down units

CBU means the whole car is made > assemble > painted > road tested > QC verified before it is loaded onto a ship to be exported from its country of origin. Its consider as Imported cars also
CBU = Completely Build-up Units

LAU means the whole car is completely made > assemble > painted > road tested > QC verified and is sold and use in its country of origin like here in Malaysia, Proton, Per2. No need to say lio...
LAU = Locally Assemble Units.

If they want to debate, very easy to prove the theory, just open your Accent and Proton and point to the head lamps. You will see "Made in Korea" and "Made in Malaysia" Then open a CKD and CBU car and look for that "Made In xxxx". More over, Imported parts has its logo and made in XXXX hot stamp on the parts. Locally made parts like Proton, for example, the head lamp is stamp there BORSH "Made In Malaysia" while imported cars will have a brand symbol and "Made In xxxx".

noname wrote:
marky wrote:

noname wrote:

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. so CKD/CBU is an imported car. ok ok. now im clear.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noname, CBU is 100% imported and assembled in oversea but CKD is only around 70% is imported while remaining parts is manufactured locally and assembled in Malaysia. Wink
noname wrote:
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Noname, CBU is 100% imported and assembled in oversea but CKD is only around 70% is imported while remaining parts is manufactured locally and assembled in Malaysia. Wink
noname wrote:

ok. im clear about it Very Happy

anyway the dark blue color is quite nice... but only can see it under bright light. if dim light, then look like black color.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS, its less than 10% local parts,for example fog lights,the door rods and...hmmm...oh ya tires, unless you can think of other parts.
KCKS wrote:
noname wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may more than that. How about seats, steering, alarm, carpet, sound proofing material, radio, speaker, wiring, and many more to tell here la. Mainly the engine and lamps are import from Korea. But how do u think about the chasis and all the plating, im doubt which origin its from. Confused If from Korea, it might to big la. Rolling Eyes
marky wrote:
KCKS, its less than 10% local parts,for example fog lights,the door rods and...hmmm...oh ya tires, unless you can think of other parts.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mention, major parts comes from Korea, that will include, chasis,frames,naked seats,glass,head lamps,front grill, dashboard,steering,wing mirrors,rear view mirror,engine,etc. They have to maintain their quality. Thats why they have to make sure everything is make correctly and comes from one source. If its local, then the price will be lower more over it will be considered as local already and maybe rebrand it like Daihatsu > Per2 family.
Other parts like:
Radio,speaker,alarm,tires,spot light,number plate,seat cover,HSV material, is local.
KCKS wrote:
I think it may more than that. How about seats, steering, alarm, carpet, sound proofing material, radio, speaker, wiring, and many more to tell here la. Mainly the engine and lamps are import from Korea. But how do u think about the chasis and all the plating, im doubt which origin its from. Confused If from Korea, it might to big la. Rolling Eyes
marky wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: