Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spark Plugs Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
IMHO, i dunno how long Bosch super 4 can last but Volker Iridium warranty 2 years or 150,000km mileage.

Despite of the power of firing, the material of the plug used is Iridium head, which is a better conducting media. Also for cost effectiveness in the long run. Again, I am not sure how much Bosch super 4 cost for 4 pcs.

ycsteven wrote:
I'm not sure how much different if you changed to such a expensive spark plug, will you feel very much different. And, I'm using the Bosch Super 4, and I quite sactisfy with the quality. Cool
well, the bosch super4 cost about RM50 for 4 pcs, so it's kind of big different, and with RM200 i can get 4 sets also can last about 2 yrs..haha..just a thought.. Razz Razz
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oic... then maybe the only difference is using Iridium materials only lor... and less 3 times to replace from time to time.

i still recall marky told me that from time to time cost of car spare parts will increase, so maybe its kinda saving to get Iridium... this is my personal opinion lar... Very Happy

ycsteven wrote:
david wrote:
IMHO, i dunno how long Bosch super 4 can last but Volker Iridium warranty 2 years or 150,000km mileage.

Despite of the power of firing, the material of the plug used is Iridium head, which is a better conducting media. Also for cost effectiveness in the long run. Again, I am not sure how much Bosch super 4 cost for 4 pcs.

ycsteven wrote:
I'm not sure how much different if you changed to such a expensive spark plug, will you feel very much different. And, I'm using the Bosch Super 4, and I quite sactisfy with the quality. Cool
well, the bosch super4 cost about RM50 for 4 pcs, so it's kind of big different, and with RM200 i can get 4 sets also can last about 2 yrs..haha..just a thought.. Razz Razz

ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiyor..one time pay RM200 for a set of spark plug, i better pay part by part, and somemore everything i change to new set, i get new power, that's how i feel after i changed to new set of Boach super 4, hehe..
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
aiyor..one time pay RM200 for a set of spark plug, i better pay part by part, and somemore everything i change to new set, i get new power, that's how i feel after i changed to new set of Boach super 4, hehe..

Maybe iridium more fuel saving leh... kind to share?
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you are right also.

actually marky also uses both Bosch Super 4 and Volker Iridium before, i will ask him when i meet him next trip. coz currently he is using Volker Iridium ler...

Quote:

chinhai8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any review for Bosch super 4 spark plug??How much is it??
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinhai8 wrote:

And does it has any code model for accent?
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you ask marky (he used Bosch S4 b4), he probably will recommend u to take volker iridium... i am introduced by him.

chinhai8 wrote:

samchoo
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,

just changed mine to Denso Iridium Power spark plugs today at Osaga.

Price : RM200 - 4 pieces
Model : IK22, when i came back and I check out the denso website and hyundai accent should be using IK16 Rolling Eyes

Hope it still does the job (improve FC and accelerations) even though it's not the suggested model IK16.

cheers Smile
kashio
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samchoo.... If you buy at Spare Parts Shop (kedai alat-alat ganti kereta) is cheaper. I bought Denso IK16 at RM168 - 4 pieces (imported from Japan). Installed at Authorised Workshop at RM5. Razz
samchoo
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kashio,

ya i think so Smile thou just let them do it, once for all..i m changing my ATF too.
kashio
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sell at medium range price (RM200).... it's consider OK......if you ask the Denso Dealers (as per Denso web-site), they sell it at a much higher price. You never believe it, they want to slaughter me at RM240. Crying or Very sad Luckily I know the price, after bargain, they sell it at RM200. Embarassed

Then, I check with spare parts shop, the price is ranging at RM168 to RM180. Twisted Evil
sbsoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another model called Denso Iridium Tough (VK series) which will last longer. I think RM200++ maybe is for this model.

http://www.globaldenso.com/PLUG/tough/features.html
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you guys still get the mis-concept of spark plugs.

installing a good and expensive spark plugs - doesnt improve your FC. if yes, you wont notice it. changing a good one = better fuel combustion and burning... thus acceleration and performance is increase. however, FC DOES NOT improved.
kashio
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you said may be true..... I'm using MT. Before using Iridium, FC = 0.18/litre (340km@RM60)..... After using Iridium, FC = 0.15/litre (395km@RM60)..... You only see the effect when you pump more petrol, say, RM60..... but not much different in short term. The effect is at long term.... so don't put so much hope on Fuel Saving.

Better fuel combustion and burning help to improve acceleration and performance... it's true.... but if your car is lack of power due to poor fuel combustion and burning, it consume more fuel because front wheels (FF car) need more power to pull your car..... (this not including modification such as turbo, performance chip, etc).

Another factor that most drivers didn't notice is.... AT and MT car use different rpm when shifting gear. AT needs higher rpm to shift gear (automatic) compare to MT. The higher the rpm when shifting gear, the more fuel your car will use.

Installing Iridium Plug gives more power during acceleration..... but regarding fuel saving, you may only save 1 full tank every 4 to 5 months (it depends how frequent you fill up petrol).... for city drive, don't think about it.

If you used to drive your car when Outstation, you will see a big different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: