Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spark Plugs Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho, well if you don't have any problems, just proceed to use it. As for the hot plugs, maybe when you change it the next time use that. Just remember that cold plugs is more for sports cars which has a higher combustion point which is many times higher that a normal street car.
Cold plugs will not give you the right FC which your car might have been adjusted to. But the minute you have a first sigh of engine problem (hope not) better switch back to a hot plug which has a 1.1 gap clearance.
fabho wrote:
marky wrote:
fabho, you have used the wrong plugs for your Accent. We require a hot plug and not a cold one. Cold plugs are normally used by high rev cars (Sport cars, High CC cars etc) while Hot Plugs are more for normal to low CC cars.
You can refer to
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system2.htm
That is the reason you're not feeling the effects of using Iridium plugs.
As for ignition cable,you do not need to changed it yet as it is still under warranty. You can change it after warranty but you will have to find a suitable one. Our type is distributorless which means if there are any problems to the distributors you will need to change a lot more things compared to just the distributor cap (older model of cars).
fabho wrote:
Hi accentians, I have already changed my spark plugs to NGK Iridium at 5K and I didnt feel any difference. If not mistaken I changed to the cold one.

I wonder if changing the ignition cable would help to increase the performance or not becasue the guy at the accessory shop told me that it can. But the SC guys told me not too if our car is still under warranty. I wonder if changing it would make any difference and also how it effects our warranty.

Marky, been busy for quite some time, ya, I have been using this cold spark plug for abt a month already and still seems fine. Actually according to the mechanic, he change for me the medium one ie in between cold and hot because he said got 3 grading and the coldest one is for sports car and my car can use this one.

fabho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
fabho, well if you don't have any problems, just proceed to use it. As for the hot plugs, maybe when you change it the next time use that. Just remember that cold plugs is more for sports cars which has a higher combustion point which is many times higher that a normal street car.
Cold plugs will not give you the right FC which your car might have been adjusted to. But the minute you have a first sigh of engine problem (hope not) better switch back to a hot plug which has a 1.1 gap clearance.
fabho wrote:
marky wrote:
fabho, you have used the wrong plugs for your Accent. We require a hot plug and not a cold one. Cold plugs are normally used by high rev cars (Sport cars, High CC cars etc) while Hot Plugs are more for normal to low CC cars.
You can refer to
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system2.htm
That is the reason you're not feeling the effects of using Iridium plugs.
As for ignition cable,you do not need to changed it yet as it is still under warranty. You can change it after warranty but you will have to find a suitable one. Our type is distributorless which means if there are any problems to the distributors you will need to change a lot more things compared to just the distributor cap (older model of cars).
fabho wrote:
Hi accentians, I have already changed my spark plugs to NGK Iridium at 5K and I didnt feel any difference. If not mistaken I changed to the cold one.

I wonder if changing the ignition cable would help to increase the performance or not becasue the guy at the accessory shop told me that it can. But the SC guys told me not too if our car is still under warranty. I wonder if changing it would make any difference and also how it effects our warranty.

Marky, been busy for quite some time, ya, I have been using this cold spark plug for abt a month already and still seems fine. Actually according to the mechanic, he change for me the medium one ie in between cold and hot because he said got 3 grading and the coldest one is for sports car and my car can use this one.

Marky thanks for the info, I have called up one guy Ravi(I think from KB) and he said for our car, we can use grading 6 plug and if not mistaken that was the one installed by the mechanic. I will check again when I go for my 3rd service.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho, grading actually denotes if its hot plugs or cold plugs. I will post the scale here for all to know.
fabho wrote:

Marky thanks for the info, I have called up one guy Ravi(I think from KB) and he said for our car, we can use grading 6 plug and if not mistaken that was the one installed by the mechanic. I will check again when I go for my 3rd service.

Accent_G
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi.....i'm quite new in this...

After the 3rd service, I've changed my spark plug to Volker plug instead of the NGK Iridium. What do u guys think? Although i can still feel the difference on the accelerating...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you bought the spark plugs? Wink
Accent_G wrote:

After the 3rd service, I've changed my spark plug to Volker plug instead of the NGK Iridium. What do u guys think? Although i can still feel the difference on the accelerating...
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested to know the listing of grades for plugs, the difference between the Volker and NGK as well as the price for it.

I need more accelerating power, now felt like dragging. Embarassed
Accent_G
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
How much do you bought the spark plugs? Wink
Accent_G wrote:

(Volker Irididium 6ZX-11)
I bought it at RM62.50 per pc. Pasang kat Speedworks

These plugs is the 2nd one i've changed bcoz the 1st one got misfiring and they've come out with the new badge volker plugs which has been approved and tested!. So i got to tukar for free and warranty for 2 yrs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Speedworks?
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wa.. Shocked Shocked 62.50 for each?? That means you paid RM250 for the accent?? It cost a bomb for me Shocked

Accent_G wrote:

These plugs is the 2nd one i've changed bcoz the 1st one got misfiring and they've come out with the new badge volker plugs which has been approved and tested!. So i got to tukar for free and warranty for 2 yrs.
Accent_G
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Wa.. Shocked Shocked 62.50 for each?? That means you paid RM250 for the accent?? It cost a bomb for me Shocked

Accent_G wrote:

Ya lor.....quite expensive too. I didn't survey much other options but these were recommended by my fren.
Accent_G
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
Where is Speedworks?

Speedworks dekat PJ. Lot2, Lorong 51A/227B, Section 51A. There's KB and Hyundai service nearby.
sbsoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is NGK Iridium Plug?
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know where to get the BRISK spark plug?http://www.briskusa.com
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also using it le. But I bought it from Eneos with 20% discount. So it was only about RM200 for it. Then took it to KB SC Jln 222 to see their black face!!! hahahahahah......
So far, its a good plug, no complain.

Accent_G, did you check the plugs once in a while?
Accent_G wrote:
KCKS wrote:

Accent_G wrote:

Ya lor.....quite expensive too. I didn't survey much other options but these were recommended by my fren.

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Kakimoto Sunway/Mid Valley or Speedwords PJ there. I have not seen it at Eneos.
odeon wrote:
Anybody know where to get the BRISK spark plug?http://www.briskusa.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: