Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spark Plugs Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I just did some online R&D and please check out this website:
http://www.ngk.com/results_app.asp?aaia=1386479

Just as the Singaporeans mention, we can use Iridium plugs. The stock standard plugs which mention in our manual is just ordinary type.

WHO WANTS TO TRY?? Please raise your hand and we all will support you - Morally. Hahhahaaha.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Silverstone spark plugs Reply with quote

where can we get this Silverstone spark plugs ?
one get2 owner claimd that it is very good performance
Autoworld:
Topic: Spark Plug
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?summary=1&Forum=ap450775305&access=2&status=1&subject=Spark+Plug

http://www.nology.com/silver.html

Silverstone spark plugs -Silver Center Electrode
-Up To 137% More Spark Power
-Increased Horsepower
-Cleaner Combustion
-Long Lasting
-Race Proven Design
-Top Quality Materials

Silverstone spark plugs are especially designed for the unique demands of modern high-performance engines. Silver is the best electrical and thermal conductor of all metals, which makes it the ultimate material for a spark plug's center electrode. The large diameter silver center electrode of Silverstone spark plugs increases spark carrying ability and spark power by as much as 137%. Silver is extremely resistant to erosion, guaranteeing a virtually unchanged electrode gap for the life of the spark plug. Silverstone spark plugs are designed without a suppressor resistor, perfect for performance enthusiasts who demand the most from their engines. For racing or dependability and efficiency for everyday use, Silverstone spark plugs deliver the most powerful spark.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TewKY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Silverstone spark plugs Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
where can we get this Silverstone spark plugs ?
one get2 owner claimd that it is very good performance
Autoworld:
Topic: Spark Plug
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?summary=1&Forum=ap450775305&access=2&status=1&subject=Spark+Plug

http://www.nology.com/silver.html

Silverstone spark plugs -Silver Center Electrode
-Up To 137% More Spark Power
-Increased Horsepower
-Cleaner Combustion
-Long Lasting
-Race Proven Design
-Top Quality Materials

Silverstone spark plugs are especially designed for the unique demands of modern high-performance engines. Silver is the best electrical and thermal conductor of all metals, which makes it the ultimate material for a spark plug's center electrode. The large diameter silver center electrode of Silverstone spark plugs increases spark carrying ability and spark power by as much as 137%. Silver is extremely resistant to erosion, guaranteeing a virtually unchanged electrode gap for the life of the spark plug. Silverstone spark plugs are designed without a suppressor resistor, perfect for performance enthusiasts who demand the most from their engines. For racing or dependability and efficiency for everyday use, Silverstone spark plugs deliver the most powerful spark.

When choose spark plug, the following must be taken carefully:-
1.) Heat range, Hot, Normal or Cool plug, for Accent use hot plug.
2.) Performance wise, Normal class, Premium class or Racing class, for Accent premium class will be more than enough.
3.) Size and diameter must same.

Very Happy
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone has change the spark plug when sending ur Accent for the 4th service ? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed mine. Did not know anything but they change mine to normal NGK plugs. Next round going to change to Iridium plugs.

slbeh wrote:
anyone has change the spark plug when sending ur Accent for the 4th service ? Rolling Eyes

edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iridium is definetely a good choice.... but myself i have not tried that yet but will try it though one day.. im using the stock plugs now known as OWS.. the original plugs when i get my car was NGK which is not bad too... But i recently just changed to OWS find that not much power compared to NGK plugs. So the next time round would try out the iridium plus and give you all feedbacks on it.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the manual of you Accent, you should find the "Recommeded" spark plug Accent should use.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
According to the manual of you Accent, you should find the "Recommeded" spark plug Accent should use.

I have changed to normal NGK plugs....the 20k service
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey edmond1978, long time no see. Happy to see you back here.
So far after 1K of using the Iridium plugs, no problem and combustion is good. Acceleration is better due to better combustion. Did not experience any sudden acceleration jerking etc.
Is the plugs rating as cold and the clearence 1.1? It could be due to that. Any from Sg using Iridium?
edmond1978 wrote:
Iridium is definetely a good choice.... but myself i have not tried that yet but will try it though one day.. im using the stock plugs now known as OWS.. the original plugs when i get my car was NGK which is not bad too... But i recently just changed to OWS find that not much power compared to NGK plugs. So the next time round would try out the iridium plus and give you all feedbacks on it.

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, the most important in choosing the right plugs is the clearance. Our plugs clearance is 1.1. If we were to buy from outside, make sure its for injector engines with a 1.1 category. You can use any brand of plugs and types (like cold plugs or warm plugs etc)
david wrote:

fabho

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi accentians, I have already changed my spark plugs to NGK Iridium at 5K and I didnt feel any difference. If not mistaken I changed to the cold one.

I wonder if changing the ignition cable would help to increase the performance or not becasue the guy at the accessory shop told me that it can. But the SC guys told me not too if our car is still under warranty. I wonder if changing it would make any difference and also how it effects our warranty.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:
Hi accentians, I have already changed my spark plugs to NGK Iridium at 5K and I didnt feel any difference. If not mistaken I changed to the cold one.

I wonder if changing the ignition cable would help to increase the performance or not becasue the guy at the accessory shop told me that it can. But the SC guys told me not too if our car is still under warranty. I wonder if changing it would make any difference and also how it effects our warranty.

I have changed the spark plugs when 20,000KM service, and it is the interval recommanded by the KB SC....and yes, no difference after changed
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho, you have used the wrong plugs for your Accent. We require a hot plug and not a cold one. Cold plugs are normally used by high rev cars (Sport cars, High CC cars etc) while Hot Plugs are more for normal to low CC cars.
You can refer to
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system2.htm
That is the reason you're not feeling the effects of using Iridium plugs.
As for ignition cable,you do not need to changed it yet as it is still under warranty. You can change it after warranty but you will have to find a suitable one. Our type is distributorless which means if there are any problems to the distributors you will need to change a lot more things compared to just the distributor cap (older model of cars).
fabho wrote:

Last edited by marky on Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh, the plugs that you changed at KB SC is just ordinary plugs. You will not feel any difference at all.
The reason I changed to Iridium is not for performance but for better ignition of the fuel and longer interval for changing it. Iridium plugs are change around 100K to 200K km's. I'm planning to change mine when I reach 150K km.
slbeh wrote:
fabho wrote:

I have changed the spark plugs when 20,000KM service, and it is the interval recommanded by the KB SC....and yes, no difference after changed

fabho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
fabho, you have used the wrong plugs for your Accent. We require a hot plug and not a cold one. Cold plugs are normally used by high rev cars (Sport cars, High CC cars etc) while Hot Plugs are more for normal to low CC cars.
You can refer to
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system2.htm
That is the reason you're not feeling the effects of using Iridium plugs.
As for ignition cable,you do not need to changed it yet as it is still under warranty. You can change it after warranty but you will have to find a suitable one. Our type is distributorless which means if there are any problems to the distributors you will need to change a lot more things compared to just the distributor cap (older model of cars).
fabho wrote:

Marky, been busy for quite some time, ya, I have been using this cold spark plug for abt a month already and still seems fine. Actually according to the mechanic, he change for me the medium one ie in between cold and hot because he said got 3 grading and the coldest one is for sports car and my car can use this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: