Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatic Transmission
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jln Puchong towards Bkt Jalil and Jln Gasing very hilly roads...can test out there. I drive Jln Puchong everyday, feels satisfied with my Accent.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChinHai8, time to go up genting with you friends already!!! Very Happy

Anyway, we've actually discuss about M/T and A/T in the other forum with Augustine.You can refer back to that.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha!!that is a good idea for me!! Very Happy
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends,

I again went to KBSC last week, 3 things to talk about related to this discussion:

I had read the owner's manual, OD should be used only going up hill and down hill; Senior technician of KBSC told me the same thing. But, after getting some advise from Marky last month, using OD off during < 80/90 KM/H save more petrol. So there is some controversion here.

I had did a oil change from Castrol Magnetic to Elf Monocarbon (both semi-synthetic) last week. Elf outperform the smoothness and car heat of Accent. I felt the gear shifting is better (AT), engine running smoother, low heat of the engine. I recommend you guys should try it.

Is about the grounding issue, please refer to grounding topic
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
Hello friends,

I again went to KBSC last week, 3 things to talk about related to this discussion:

I had read the owner's manual, OD should be used only going up hill and down hill; Senior technician of KBSC told me the same thing. But, after getting some advise from Marky last month, using OD off during < 80/90 KM/H save more petrol. So there is some controversion here.

whether u shall on/off the OD or not is up to ur preference since our car's auto tanimission can change the gear automatically...
no lah,...
Code:
using OD off during < 80/90 KM/H save more petrol
...shall be on the OD at anytimes....hahaha......what is the theory behind this statement ?
Marky, Pls do not misleading ppl here

Quote:

I had did a oil change from Castrol Magnetic to Elf Monocarbon (both semi-synthetic) last week. Elf outperform the smoothness and car heat of Accent. I felt the gear shifting is better (AT), engine running smoother, low heat of the engine. I recommend you guys should try it.

Oh how much is it ? Where u get this Elf Monocarbon ? From Marky as well?
For the time being, I still prefer the Castrol Magnetic
Quote:

ok
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi david,
Glad that you enjoy the engine oil. Do call me if you have any feedback. I always suggest the best for my friends.

As for the OD issue, as I have mention, it was just my 2 cents when I share with you. Best you observe it yourself in the long term. Suggest to you to use OD off for 1 month to and fro from office and the other OD on for the other month so that you can compare it yourself.
david wrote:
Hello friends,

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think Sibeh has interpret me wrongly or I misleaded through conversation. I apologize on that.

For the OD issue, from my observation, I felt like using OD off during town driving / below 80-90 KM/H give me more power and better fuel consumption. Although this is a very subjective topic, but nevertheless I am very interested to find out what is the theory behind what the manual and service technician talked about versus what Marky has recommended and what I experienced.

What I can conclude is, using OD during jam, below 80-90 KM/h driving really good, powerful and fuel savings, its just that my journey to office includes mixture of fast and slow driving, so what I tried to do is to use OD like a kind of M/T where when the car moves below 70/80 KM/H, i will turn off the OD to lower the gear and gain power, where later when the traffic allow to go up till 80/90 KM/h then I switch OD on again to gain for speed driving. It is quite ok with that.

There was this time I was testing the same methodology but with the lower range of 40/60 Mph (~60-70 Km/h), but felt like not that smooth.

My only worry now is really whether this will have any bad impact on OD or not.

Admin: Pls post the issue of the OD to the topic of the OverdriveTQ

http://www.myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188&start=15
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
Yeah, I think Sibeh has interpret me wrongly or I misleaded through conversation. I apologize on that.

For the OD issue, from my observation, I felt like using OD off during town driving / below 80-90 KM/H give me more power and better fuel consumption. Although this is a very subjective topic, but nevertheless I am very interested to find out what is the theory behind what the manual and service technician talked about versus what Marky has recommended and what I experienced.

What I can conclude is, using OD during jam, below 80-90 KM/h driving really good, powerful and fuel savings, its just that my journey to office includes mixture of fast and slow driving, so what I tried to do is to use OD like a kind of M/T where when the car moves below 70/80 KM/H, i will turn off the OD to lower the gear and gain power, where later when the traffic allow to go up till 80/90 KM/h then I switch OD on again to gain for speed driving. It is quite ok with that.

There was this time I was testing the same methodology but with the lower range of 40/60 Mph (~60-70 Km/h), but felt like not that smooth.

will the way u do affect the auto tranmission later?
it maybe right and is something like always using the 3rd/4th gear for the manual car most of the time when the speed is around 70/80 km/h
but it may not be the case for the auto car, I wonder Shocked Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David, And as I have suggested the other day, you can either drive with OD off from hse to office (to and fro) or with it OD on. I don't advice to on and off it in between driving unless you're sure that you are caught in a jam as bad as KL where start and stop is very frequent. Best to use OD on during highway driving when the RPM is lower compared to KM/H.
david wrote:

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marky,

There is no accusation of such, what I really tended to find out is the logic behind advise of yours (OD on and OFF each one day to test) as well as from KBSC senior technician. I took the "risk" or otherwise to test drive (as what I described OD on and OFF by speed variation). This has nothing to do with what you had said.

I guess Slbeh has bring up some heat from the start isn't it?

Well, anyhow I am really glad to getting known to use the Elf oil, it is really fantastic, lower fuel consumption, better shifting, smooth driving, lower engine noise and heat.

I do recommend those that are still using Castrol Magnetic, give it a try on Elf Monocarbon oil. You don't have to do the test that I did... hahaha... Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi david,
There are no accusation going around. Just a simple discussion or two different mind Wink
Anyway, enjoy the engine oil ride as I'll recommend the best for my friends.
david wrote:
Hi Marky,

There is no accusation of such, what I really tended to find out is the logic behind advise of yours (OD on and OFF each one day to test) as well as from KBSC senior technician. I took the "risk" or otherwise to test drive (as what I described OD on and OFF by speed variation). This has nothing to do with what you had said.

I guess Slbeh has bring up some heat from the start isn't it?

Well, anyhow I am really glad to getting known to use the Elf oil, it is really fantastic, lower fuel consumption, better shifting, smooth driving, lower engine noise and heat.

I do recommend those that are still using Castrol Magnetic, give it a try on Elf Monocarbon oil. You don't have to do the test that I did... hahaha... Laughing

yasin
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: gear d cannot move Reply with quote

my car was 2 years old,today i face a problem twice.when on the road sudently my car cannot move in gear d but r & L can move.anyone face this prob.before,please response!
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you change your ATF fluid before every 20-30k km? It must use SPIII, not Dexron III unless you add in friction modifier. Also, change the ATF filter every 30-40k km or so.
sharirm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i usually put my gear at N at every traffic light... better i think its safer, when you stop at the traffic light, you will be quite close to the car in front, and by just accidently lifting you feet of the brake a bit, you might hit the car in front. so better put it in N everytime you stop...EXCEPT for jammed road, changing gear will be tiring beside wearing off the gears, hehehehe.
chkwong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N at traffic light. Hope the pressure valve don't get KO fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: