Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Brand Engine Oil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: auto tranmission fluid Reply with quote

Ckkeat, it advisable that we stick according to manual for any service matters. In my personnal opinion, the A/T oil should be change at 20,000km service, next at 40,000km service then follow by the spec of every interval of 40,000km service. The first batch of A/T oil will consist of many small steel particular due to the match in between new gears. The small particular will cause the gearbox to expedite the wear and tear process. I had discuss this matter to the Service advisor and he agreed and also advise me to change it at 20,000km service. Wink

By the way, the A/T oil for our Accent is 4 liter. Wink
ckkeat wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hALLO ACCENT OWNERS,
Do anyone know that auto transmission need to change every 40,000km but KB recommended every 10,000km. It seem not logical coz what the manual wirtten is different from what they said. I predict that they don't machine to change or replace the oil liter by liter which practiced by western. the full capacity for auto transmission oil is 6.1 liters but the KB change less than 4 liters whenever you service at 10,000km, 20,000km,.. Can anyone comfirm this matter? DOes this KB earn more while channging every 10,000km?????????????????
ckkeat
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: BP VISCO 7000 Reply with quote

had anyone try it coz value to buy .
only rm 99 Rolling Eyes Shocked compared to other brand is much cheaper.
you can buy from BP station to gain more credit card and bp points rather than spare parts shops.
ckkeat
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: auto tranmission fluid Reply with quote

but KBSC in ipoh recommend every 10,000km need to change a/t oil.
So which one truth? accent full capacity a/t oil is more than 4liter if you really flush it by using a machine a't oil change liter by liter.

[quote="KCKS"]Ckkeat, it advisable that we stick according to manual for any service matters. In my personnal opinion, the A/T oil should be change at 20,000km service, next at 40,000km service then follow by the spec of every interval of 40,000km service. The first batch of A/T oil will consist of many small steel particular due to the match in between new gears. The small particular will cause the gearbox to expedite the wear and tear process. I had discuss this matter to the Service advisor and he agreed and also advise me to change it at 20,000km service. Wink

By the way, the A/T oil for our Accent is 4 liter. Wink
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: auto tranmission fluid Reply with quote

Its depend to the individual KBSC, i had ask 2 service advisor at KBSC Jlan Ipoh here. Both of them recommend us to follow as what the manual's schedule. So the actual recommendation of A/T oil changing is 40,000km from Hyundai Korea. As a owner, we got rights to decline their offer that not stated in the manual.

In the normal A/T oil change, the mechanic will only open the drain nut to drain off the old A/T oil, then put back the drain nut. Next, they will open up the inlet nut then fill in the new A/T oil. I never seen that they do the gear oil flushing by machine. Maybe Malaysia SC didn't have the standard. Rolling Eyes
ckkeat wrote:
but KBSC in ipoh recommend every 10,000km need to change a/t oil.
So which one truth? accent full capacity a/t oil is more than 4liter if you really flush it by using a machine a't oil change liter by liter.

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: auto tranmission fluid Reply with quote

ckkeat wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hALLO ACCENT OWNERS,
Do anyone know that auto transmission need to change every 40,000km but KB recommended every 10,000km. It seem not logical coz what the manual wirtten is different from what they said. I predict that they don't machine to change or replace the oil liter by liter which practiced by western. the full capacity for auto transmission oil is 6.1 liters but the KB change less than 4 liters whenever you service at 10,000km, 20,000km,.. Can anyone comfirm this matter? DOes this KB earn more while channging every 10,000km?????????????????

u need to change it every 40,000km according to the manual but it is mostly advise by the SC every 20,000KM due to the condition of the malaysia (too much short distance driving , etc),
10,000KM is too costly.. Evil or Very Mad
In ur case, I would advise u beter stay there & monitor what they are doing during the time, otherwise, go to other SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: auto tranmission fluid Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
u need to change it every 40,000km according to the manual but it is mostly advise by the SC every 20,000KM due to the condition of the malaysia (too much short distance driving , etc),
10,000KM is too costly.. Evil or Very Mad
In ur case, I would advise u beter stay there & monitor what they are doing during the time, otherwise, go to other SC

I agreed with what Slbeh advise of 20,000km interval A/T oil change due to the climate of our country . I think the Ipoh KBSC just want to made more profit by asking owner to change it every 10,000km. Evil or Very Mad
sbsoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinhai, Osaga Puchong recommended 10W40 for Accent? RM178? How many KM service interval they said? According to Chemlube website is 40K KM or 1 year. I think 10K - 20K KM should be okey.
I service my car at Osaga Puchong also, might want to use Chemlube at next oil change.

chinhai8 wrote:
Can anybody check for me chemlube 10W40 can use for how many milleage??I want to check out whether it use for 5K or 10K km??
chinhai8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i am trying to use it for 10k km 1st...then go for my 40k km service...
chinhai8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It cost for Rm42 per liter..our accent need to use 3.5 liter...They recommended 10W40...about the service interval i have to ask them 1st because that girl in the sc write 5k km onthe sticker only....if they said 10k km,i sure want to screw up them already...
sbsoo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can try for 10K KM first. But it's better to change the oil filter every 5K KM. Remember to bring your 0.5 liter to topup when changing oil filter. I read from AW forum, most of the Chemlube user use for 10K - 20K KM.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil filter should be changed every 5K km but also depends on travelling distance.
sbsoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just changed to Chemlube 10W30 at Osaga Puchong for RM176 last week. Feel engine quiter & better acceleration.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh oils are like that. After 3,000km on the road, try to feel it again.
batista wrote:
I just changed to Chemlube 10W30 at Osaga Puchong for RM176 last week. Feel engine quiter & better acceleration.

chinhai8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha!!finally got ppl using chemlube already!! Very Happy
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhehehehe...so happy.
Batista, how much did they charge you for that?
chinhai8 wrote:
haha!!finally got ppl using chemlube already!! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: