Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Brand Engine Oil
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Other Brand Engine Oil Reply with quote

after i changed to use Acdelco brand engine oil...too bad the cold engine sound still there..will try another brand for the next service.. Shocked
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: the cold engine sound .. Reply with quote

Steven,what type of cold engine sound? How does the sound sounds like?

ycsteven wrote:
after i changed to use Acdelco brand engine oil...too bad the cold engine sound still there..will try another brand for the next service.. Shocked

Babyh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cold engine is normal for Accent. It's just like Chipsmore........ Sometime you hear it, sometime you don,t........ I had been driving my accent since April 04 and as I had been travelling a lot, my ODO is 31K+++ already. I had been using Castrol Magnatec Fully Syn since day one and I'm now considering changing engine oil for the coming 30k service. Any good suggestion? FYI, I'm the lazy-to-go-service type, so if can, Wink please propose fully syn oil, so that I can go service my every 10k and not 5k.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi babyh, I would suggest to use Elf, as I have use it for more than 8K once before my service. It does not lose any viscosity and the morning start is still good. But my advice to use about 3 bottles to feel the different (same when we change brand of oil)

Babyh wrote:
The cold engine is normal for Accent. It's just like Chipsmore........ Sometime you hear it, sometime you don,t........ I had been driving my accent since April 04 and as I had been travelling a lot, my ODO is 31K+++ already. I had been using Castrol Magnatec Fully Syn since day one and I'm now considering changing engine oil for the coming 30k service. Any good suggestion? FYI, I'm the lazy-to-go-service type, so if can, Wink please propose fully syn oil, so that I can go service my every 10k and not 5k.

augustineaf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: 2nd service Reply with quote

hi,

i when for my second service at SC PJ jln 222.

i have decided on petronas syntium 800- 15W50, it cost me RM71.00.
i find driving very much comfortable now. i will continue to monitor my engine performance. FC still the same :10.2L/100km. hopeful after the first 2000km i can tell the differences.??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
i am following Marky advice on the 15W50 SAE oil but decided on Petronas Syntium coz' i have used this oil before and have confidance on it. Wink
i found out from my mechanic that any oil SAE 15W50 will work fine with our engine. engine is much quite and morning startings are better.

i have been checking my car engine and found some rattling noise coming from the engine timing belt. Shocked anybody knows why the timing belt behaviours like this.? Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad i did not notice this before coz' before my engine was more noisier; help??
TewKY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd service Reply with quote

augustineaf wrote:
hi,

i when for my second service at SC PJ jln 222.

i have decided on petronas syntium 800- 15W50, it cost me RM71.00.
i find driving very much comfortable now. i will continue to monitor my engine performance. FC still the same :10.2L/100km. hopeful after the first 2000km i can tell the differences.??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
i am following Marky advice on the 15W50 SAE oil but decided on Petronas Syntium coz' i have used this oil before and have confidance on it. Wink
i found out from my mechanic that any oil SAE 15W50 will work fine with our engine. engine is much quite and morning startings are better.

i have been checking my car engine and found some rattling noise coming from the engine timing belt. Shocked anybody knows why the timing belt behaviours like this.? Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad i did not notice this before coz' before my engine was more noisier; help??

Probably belt tension not ENOUGH!
JosephTan
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Try Chemlube Reply with quote

Have anyone try Chemlube ?

I have tried it with my old sentra.

It is very good and keep engine quiet and good shape.
TewKY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Augustine, check the belt tension as suggested. It will be back after a few months. Thats what I notice.

Recently, I just ask SC change Timing belt tesioner which cause sound.
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Try Chemlube Reply with quote

My colleague have tried it on his perdana and he is very happy with it. I am thinking of trying it as well. How much is your Chemlube?
For other members who like to know more about Chemlube can check out the discussion on the following thread from autoworld forum
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=Caltex+Oil

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=Chemlube

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=Chemlube+Engine+Oil

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=motul+and+chemlube

JosephTan wrote:
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Try Chemlube Reply with quote

kingkong wrote:
My colleague have tried it on his perdana and he is very happy with it. I am thinking of trying it as well. How much is your Chemlube?
For other members who like to know more about Chemlube can check out the discussion on the following thread from autoworld forum
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=Caltex+Oil

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=Chemlube

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=Chemlube+Engine+Oil

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?Forum=ap445987436&access=&status=1&subject=motul+and+chemlube

JosephTan wrote:

me too...interested about this Chemlube .... Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
hcgui
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, i'm using BP Visco 3000 which is semi-syn. i've been using it for 5 years on my ex-wira since 1st serv n b4 i trade in d mechanic says d engine stil sounds like new n very smooth. so now Accent continue d trend for a year alr.. so far so good. and it smells nice too! REALLY! they add special fragrance! n it's green in color for d oil.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemlube is a good engine oil.it is the best engine oil i used so far. Very Happy the price is a bit pricey compare to other engine oil.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinhai8 wrote:
chemlube is a good engine oil.it is the best engine oil i used so far. Very Happy the price is a bit pricey compare to other engine oil.

how much ? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far Elf Fully Synthetic Pro is good. No problems and its smooth. Engine operation can be felt when almost 4,000rpm. At 4,000rpm the engine is smooth still.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM42 per liter.Sibeh
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: