Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vehicles Lost/Security
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulkipper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

augustineaf wrote:
soulkipper wrote:
slbeh wrote:
After soulkipper has reported that his wife's kalisa which was stolen from his house ....pls read here
http://www.myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126
I think we shall concern more about the Security issues for our Accent now Pray

Yeah guys. For now I'd rather spend my money on beefing up the car's security system. All the other mods and performance enhancement can come later.

hey guy,

i too agree about beefing up the car security system. but i will never put biometric security system!! Laughing Laughing Laughing I remember reading in the news about an accountant got his thumb cut-off because of the biometric thing! scary-lol!!!!

Yup, Biometric based security system is a no no as
1) i'd rather to lose my car than have my body parts cut or severed
2) The cost of that type of security system surely up to 1/3 of our car
price (i guess Mr. Green)
3) Sometimes i want to do like Mr Bean does, take away the steering Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like to imagine one thing for car security. Taking out the battery!!! Just imagine, the theft opens the car door,sit in and tries to start the car!!!! Hmmmmmm.....Hhahahahaha
And he'll go home to Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

soulkipper wrote:
augustineaf wrote:
soulkipper wrote:
slbeh wrote:
After soulkipper has reported that his wife's kalisa which was stolen from his house ....pls read here
http://www.myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126
I think we shall concern more about the Security issues for our Accent now Pray

Yeah guys. For now I'd rather spend my money on beefing up the car's security system. All the other mods and performance enhancement can come later.

hey guy,

i too agree about beefing up the car security system. but i will never put biometric security system!! Laughing Laughing Laughing I remember reading in the news about an accountant got his thumb cut-off because of the biometric thing! scary-lol!!!!

Yup, Biometric based security system is a no no as
1) i'd rather to lose my car than have my body parts cut or severed
2) The cost of that type of security system surely up to 1/3 of our car
price (i guess Mr. Green)
3) Sometimes i want to do like Mr Bean does, take away the steering Laughing

KorPen
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people (bloody thieves included) are misconcieved on the function of biometrics cause these days such systems are designed to also scan for heat and/or blood flow so chopping of thumbs will do no good at all. Still, I do agree it is not a sound system for cars as the cheaper ones tend not to work most of the time and the pricey ones will be totally out of reach.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorPen wrote:
A lot of people (bloody thieves included) are misconcieved on the function of biometrics cause these days such systems are designed to also scan for heat and/or blood flow so chopping of thumbs will do no good at all. Still, I do agree it is not a sound system for cars as the cheaper ones tend not to work most of the time and the pricey ones will be totally out of reach.

So...what is the best security car system for ur baby ? Not talking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
KorPen
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good old steering lock and the precaution of not parking my vehicle in the wrong places at the wrong times.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorPen wrote:
A good old steering lock and the precaution of not parking my vehicle in the wrong places at the wrong times.

That is what I did..... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
wang

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, bout the skyguard thing ar? when was it wor? i got my car i think on 22nd of march but never hear anything bout this geh? then bout the radiostar alarm, any opinion mah?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wang, the Radiostar was featured in the newspaper some time ago. Its not that bad according to the editor. But at bit on the pricey side.

wang wrote:
yeah, bout the skyguard thing ar? when was it wor? i got my car i think on 22nd of march but never hear anything bout this geh? then bout the radiostar alarm, any opinion mah?

wang

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Marky for the info, and hor, yesterday i go and check also bout the alarm in the accessories shop that i used to go and change all my cd player and speaker then i saw his dealer again and ask him. He said hor, the trunk open thing actually is not important cos they said if ur car don't support the trunk open then they will need to add on don't know wat lar to make it open using the alarm. Then he said they gonna be a motor there to make the trunk open by the remote control and if one day, if lar the motor spoil or something wrong with the motor, then u gonna have trouble opening the trunk. How true is this? And he also introduce me another 2 way alarm called Tennon or something like that. There's a new model and with timer and lots more wor? i don't know lar ....
Opinions please?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wang, it is true that our Accent did not come along with the Auto Trunk Release. It is the Manual Version. If I'm not mistaken, Elantra cars onwards do come with it.
It is another electrical unit to release the boot lock. This will require new wiring to be done in order for it to function. He has his point there, but when you install a motorised lock, make sure there is a fail-safe method which you still can use like a manual release pulley. Many shops people are not able to do that cause they don't want to have the headache. hhahahaha.
There are many models in the market. From Cheap to Expensive. The expensive type will have auto start for you (better for A/T cars). You must know what you want for an alarm before you look for it. The more things you have, the more expensive the alarm unit is going to be. Do you have problems with your current alarm set?
wang wrote:
Thanx Marky for the info, and hor, yesterday i go and check also bout the alarm in the accessories shop that i used to go and change all my cd player and speaker then i saw his dealer again and ask him. He said hor, the trunk open thing actually is not important cos they said if ur car don't support the trunk open then they will need to add on don't know wat lar to make it open using the alarm. Then he said they gonna be a motor there to make the trunk open by the remote control and if one day, if lar the motor spoil or something wrong with the motor, then u gonna have trouble opening the trunk. How true is this? And he also introduce me another 2 way alarm called Tennon or something like that. There's a new model and with timer and lots more wor? i don't know lar ....
Opinions please?

wang

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Wang, it is true that our Accent did not come along with the Auto Trunk Release. It is the Manual Version. If I'm not mistaken, Elantra cars onwards do come with it.
It is another electrical unit to release the boot lock. This will require new wiring to be done in order for it to function. He has his point there, but when you install a motorised lock, make sure there is a fail-safe method which you still can use like a manual release pulley. Many shops people are not able to do that cause they don't want to have the headache. hhahahaha.
There are many models in the market. From Cheap to Expensive. The expensive type will have auto start for you (better for A/T cars). You must know what you want for an alarm before you look for it. The more things you have, the more expensive the alarm unit is going to be. Do you have problems with your current alarm set?
wang wrote:
Opinions please?

Ya, i know that our car don't have the auto trunk open mah, just that he said if really got problem then u will have problem trying to open it. But he said he can do for me if i want lar, just that he said it's up to me mah, then just wanna check it out how true is it mah. Yes, the alarm provides auto start, then timer (he said good for the engine cos when everytime u park only then u just switch off liao) just like turbo timer gua i think but don't know how important is that lor. No lar, no problem with my alarm but felt a little bit unsafe lar, at least got the shock sensor and all that mah. then no matter wat, u will still know mah right? i don't know lar, abit scared dy cos my cousin's gti was stolen on sunday but then got back lar because got immobilizer...
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wang wrote:

Ya, i know that our car don't have the auto trunk open mah, just that he said if really got problem then u will have problem trying to open it. But he said he can do for me if i want lar, just that he said it's up to me mah, then just wanna check it out how true is it mah. Yes, the alarm provides auto start, then timer (he said good for the engine cos when everytime u park only then u just switch off liao) just like turbo timer gua i think but don't know how important is that lor. No lar, no problem with my alarm but felt a little bit unsafe lar, at least got the shock sensor and all that mah. then no matter wat, u will still know mah right? i don't know lar, abit scared dy cos my cousin's gti was stolen on sunday but then got back lar because got immobilizer...

go aheads if u are wishing to pay for it Laughing
compare one with another then only make the decision Smile
wang

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
wang wrote:

go aheads if u are wishing to pay for it Laughing
compare one with another then only make the decision Smile

I still havent confirm the actualy price cos when i ask then he said very hard to give me price cos it's someone i know mah. Bue he just said 6++ with installation lor. I really don't know is it worth it or not but really have to take a deeper consideration for the security purpose.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey wang!!why do not you try cheetah immobilizer??it is well branded.it got two type one!!one is car key one and another one is the card one.but the price is very expensive.
wang

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinhai8 wrote:
hey wang!!why do not you try cheetah immobilizer??it is well branded.it got two type one!!one is car key one and another one is the card one.but the price is very expensive.

Yea, i heard bout it before cos my bro is using the cheetah immobilizer mah ... but cannot afford lor me ... 2 expensive liao .. asked before and the price is around 1100-1200 last time lar ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: