Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skyguard Vehicle Protection System
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skincladalien
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my accent comes with skyguard. rm288 installation and then rm100 per year subcription fee.

i just wonder how this feature do? good or not. reliable or not...
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Malaysian National News Agency Reply with quote

Dear fellow members.. some news about new KB services - insurance and skyguard vehicle protection system.
Quote:
Bernama.com
Malaysian National News Agency

Oriental-Hyundai Targets 20 Pct Rise In Car Sales
Business
March 25, 2005 16:04 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, March 25 (Bernama) -- Oriental-Hyundai Sdn Bhd, a 60 percent subsidiary of Oriental Holdings, is aiming for a 20 percent increase in its car sales this year from 8,000 units last year.

Talking to reporters here Friday, Oriental Holdings' group managing director Datuk Robert Wong said that since its union with Hyundai Motor to distribute Hyundai CKD (completely knocked down) automobiles, the company has been achieving a 20 percent growth on a year-on-year basis.

The launch of its Hyundai 24-hour insurance assistance package on Friday would also provide more value-added services to existing customers and attract new ones, he added.

He said under the assistance package, all policy holders would enjoy up to RM300 free breakdown service for towing or minor on-the-spot repair should their vehicle face a breakdown during the insurance period.

"With a 100 percent money back on the sum insured, as well as the skyguard vehicle protection system, Hyundai customers would be also protected against theft and its consequential losses," he told reporters after the launch of the package, here.

He said the new package covered owners of a new Hyundai car purchased at Kah Bintang Auto Sdn Bhd (KBA) outlets or its network dealers and the insurance would be through one of the KBA's panel insurers.

To date, the company has launched three CKD models namely Elantra, Sonata and Accent, he said.

-- BERNAMA

source: http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_business.php?id=125771
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skincladalien wrote:
my accent comes with skyguard. rm288 installation and then rm100 per year subcription fee.

What is kyguard vehicle protection system ? Idea
very intetrested & kee to know more about it.....anyone pls? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
Skincladalien wrote:

What is kyguard vehicle protection system ? Idea
very intetrested & kee to know more about it.....anyone pls? Question

maybe scst or Edmund will be able to answer this question??? Rolling Eyes Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No good, when they want to steal ur car no matter wat system u installed is nothing. There's news about a BMW with satelite tracking system installed but the thief still managed to stole it. Don't waste ur money IMHO.

Steal my Accent better...choi choi choi...then I can buy Elantra instead. Razz

Anyone know where I can do good soundproofing for Accent? The good quality ones.
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong..

Some form of security is better than none.. u just have to balance between the amount of money spend on security and insurance. If I am KahBintang I would either
1) give discounts on insurance if the car has satelite tracking security system like "Skyguard vehicle protection system"
OR
2) free installation on "Skyguard vehicle protection system" if get the insurance from KB.

Your soundproofing question better post it at "Soundproofing the Hyundai Accent" http://myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15 for better answer

chkwong wrote:
No good, when they want to steal ur car no matter wat system u installed is nothing. There's news about a BMW with satelite tracking system installed but the thief still managed to stole it. Don't waste ur money IMHO.

Steal my Accent better...choi choi choi...then I can buy Elantra instead. Razz

Anyone know where I can do good soundproofing for Accent? The good quality ones.
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To 2005 Accent new owners..

I found this article online posted on "Saturday March 26, 2005" in The Star Biz section that the "Skyguard vehicle protection system" is given free for the first year.. Did you all got this? Is it really free?

"Additionally, there will be 100% money back on the owner’s insured value, as well as the Skyguard vehicle protection system, which is given free for the first year to owners of new Hyundai cars purchased from Kah Bintang."
source: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/3/26/business/10523534&sec=business
Skincladalien
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just checked, the skyguard is indeed comes free and 1st year wavied. second year onwards only need to pay RM100.

but my SA say not all car comes with this skyguard? Question
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah!!! 2005 batch ar. What bout those first batch cars? Can we get discount installing it in KB?
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Wah!!! 2005 batch ar. What bout those first batch cars? Can we get discount installing it in KB?

yes, interested to know more about this skyguard vehicle protection system provided by KB.... Wink
Skincladalien
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a type of immobilizer.

basically when ur car is hijacked/stolen u just need to call the center and provide your card number and pin. then they will stop the car and the car can not ignite, also the alarm will be on.

then they will use gps to track down the location of your car and retrieve it.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I See, how is the payment like? Monthly or yearly for the feature?
Skincladalien wrote:

basically when ur car is hijacked/stolen u just need to call the center and provide your card number and pin. then they will stop the car and the car can not ignite, also the alarm will be on.

sachindere
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Skincladalien wrote:

just found out that its only for the new Cars.for the old batch, u need to do it separately and it costs a bomb Sad Sad Sad Sad
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya lor. Pro's and Con's about getting the car early or later. Anyway, to enjoy what we have now and improve on it by ourself.
sachindere wrote:
marky wrote:
Skincladalien wrote:

just found out that its only for the new Cars.for the old batch, u need to do it separately and it costs a bomb Sad Sad Sad Sad

Skincladalien
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot where i posted this,

but the skyguard is free installation and free first year. after the first year its RM100 annually
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: