Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immobilizer System
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vai
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Immobilizer System Reply with quote

Hi All,

About the immobilizer, I have received a response by way of a call from Oriental Holdings by this person called Cik. Norehan.

She says about the same thing as was mentioned by En. Muhammad from CSD. However, she added that, installing an immobilizing system requires cutting and joining of 3 important wires which is connected to the fuel pump, ignition system and (I can't remember the other one). Anyway, due to this, there was some complaints previously on accelerator jam and car can't start etc which was due to faulty wiring of the installation of the immobilizer which the warranty was voided. She said that they don't recommend any immobilizer at this moment for the Accent due to the battery power capacity as immobilizing units takes up a lot of battery power. However, she says that if we still want to go ahead and do it, do so at a reputable workshop that specializes in doing these things so that the wiring is done properly without defect. Most importantly, the workshop must know the Accent's wiring very well. Warranty will only affect these 3 parts as mentioned above, IF the inspection is resultant that it's the cause of faulty wiring on the newly installed component.

I went to SC in Jln 223 today to fix the central locking problem, (which i will highlight in another thread if the problem resurfaces), and ask the bloke in charge, whether installing the immobiler will affect our warranty; the answer was an emphatic 'No-lah'.

Whatever it is, I am going ahead with the installation of the Cheetah unit no. CH335AHL-K. Let you guys know about it later on once I have installed the unit. Wink
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vai,how much does it cost for the unit?
vai
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Marky, the price is... Reply with quote

Sorry for the late response, the price is RM1188, not inclusive of installation. Installation is RM80.00. It's a credit card type of transponder. Cheers.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Marky, the price is... Reply with quote

vai wrote:
Sorry for the late response, the price is RM1188, not inclusive of installation. Installation is RM80.00. It's a credit card type of transponder. Cheers.

u can get more info fro this Cheetah unit no. CH335AHL-K from here
http://www.caralarm.com.my/

or
http://www.asiapacific.com.my/caralarm/cheetah.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah lio!!! So expensive ar? Does it have AutoStart? Wink
vai
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: marky... a bit steep but better be safe than sorry... Reply with quote

It does not have an autostart, unfortunately... but I guess it's better leaving it like that for the thieves to get their hands on...
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed Q Tech immobilizer on my Vios for RM1000 including workmanship. It works just like the Cheetah Immo. A card type device where it will detect upon entering the car. And if it's not detected within 40 seconds it will slowly cut our fuel until the car dies off, hence it could not be started again till the card is present. A very good thing to prevent car jackers but sometimes feel very 'ma fan' coz have to detect the car everytime after entering the car.
lookAlike
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOST wrote:
I installed Q Tech immobilizer on my Vios for RM1000 including workmanship. It works just like the Cheetah Immo. A card type device where it will detect upon entering the car. And if it's not detected within 40 seconds it will slowly cut our fuel until the car dies off, hence it could not be started again till the card is present. A very good thing to prevent car jackers but sometimes feel very 'ma fan' coz have to detect the car everytime after entering the car.

I installed Cheetah Immo for RM950. Immediately after got the car. Not even take the car home yet. Damn with the warranty. Can't let my Accent exposed and unprotected. Free installation bcos I did tinting at the same time. With Immo, you should have a piece of mind when leaving the car. Better than the stock alarm system. The problem with factory fitted alarm is that the wiring are standard therefore easy to get around it. The Cheetah Immo comes with same color wiring (all black). So, need to think hard and more time if want to break the system. The car engine will be cut off after 40 seconds if no code detected. It doesn't care if you are the legitimate owner or not. Myself kena a few times in the beginning. Now expert already. Cool
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lookAlike, in the beginning u never bring the card along ahh?? Smile
gvoyager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told there's a way to bypass the immo system,, say when u lost the key etc etc,, anyway i can get cheetah immo around 900 wor,, should be cheaper if am not mistaken Cool
vai
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: damn... should've waited Reply with quote

it's a damn good thing to have, you can never be too careful! Should've waited for gvoyager, can get much cheaper. Damn, too late now, already installed.

Yes, it has a failsafe. Something to do with the turning the switch on and off. To all who owns an immo, make sure u guys check your manual and change the standard PIN to deactivate the immo. In this way, only YOU can bypass and nobody else.

I sent my car for 1st service yesterday and put it in 'service' mode for the immo. In this way, you don't hv to leave your card there while the mechanics service your car. Apparently, the card can't be duplicated unless with you hv the machinery but you can program the cheetah immo to respond to another card, if you have your own card to deactivate the immo first. I believe that if you have jokers who sells u the damn thing, I'm sure they will hv the machinery to clone your card.

You see, your card works like your ATM PIN. Without that, you can't go to 'Options' to change anything. The other form of PIN is of course, the ACTIVATION no. that you can use without your card, the standard PIN is 123. PLEASE CHANGE THIS IMMEDIATELY. If anyone has your 'ATM PIN' (Whether the card or your PIN, they can get to your car and hack your options). So never leave the card in the car while you service. Always, activate to 'service' mode. You can reactivate it again, once you are done.

cheers.

PS: oh yeah, I installed the H.I.P.S, will talk about that in Performance Kit discussion.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking to install this 2 way communication alarm which is cheaper than Cheetah immobilizer and it have AutoStart function... Wink
http://www.radiostaralarm.com/
but no sure how much now they charge ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gvoyager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: damn... should've waited Reply with quote

vai wrote:
it's a damn good thing to have, you can never be too careful! Should've waited for gvoyager, can get much cheaper. Damn, too late now, already installed.

aiya vai,, have you already installed it when we met at Cosplus? if not u should have told me then to get a price quote for you,, the one u got should cost lil bit more cos it's a higher end model,,
vai
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: wasted lar... Reply with quote

ya lar gvoyager, I should've asked but I oso hv already installed the immo when we met at cosplus. Even that, still feel like a bitter taste in the mouth tho' Embarassed

if u dun mind, i'll check wif u for my next accessories yeah, cheers...

hehehe Laughing
gvoyager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would help if I could vai. will be happy too if able to get you better price than other shops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: