Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steering, Gear & Pedal Lock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho,

went to Jusco Kepong Eneos yesterday, found out that most of the steering/gear locks are not as solid as my old "Boss" steering/gear lock stock even the pricy ones Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fabho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
fabho,

went to Jusco Kepong Eneos yesterday, found out that most of the steering/gear locks are not as solid as my old "Boss" steering/gear lock stock even the pricy ones Confused

I wonder if it's bcos these manufacturer are cutting cost and using less solid 'material'.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats normal lor... cheaper means lesser items/materials. But good products will end up above RM$100 bucks!!!!

fabho wrote:
slbeh wrote:
fabho,

I wonder if it's bcos these manufacturer are cutting cost and using less solid 'material'.

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, fabho,
got ur steering/gear lock already? or other options? Rolling Eyes Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fabho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
So, fabho,

Yes i bought the T-Rex with the alarm steering lock. Actually really enable the alarm as just too lazy. I am already using the Autolock Pro also. Gear lock can't find.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:
slbeh wrote:
So, fabho,

Yes i bought the T-Rex with the alarm steering lock. Actually really enable the alarm as just too lazy. I am already using the Autolock Pro also. Gear lock can't find.

what ? T-Rex with the alarm steering lock & Autolock Pro ?
How much u have spent ? Wow .... Shocked
fabho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho wrote:
slbeh wrote:
So, fabho,

Actually my Autolock pro I got it for my previous car. So now only need to spend on the T-Rex lock. It was RM165 if I m not mistaken.
It's compact and easy to lock. So far didnt really activate the alarm, found a bit troublesome to deactivate it each time enter the car.
I got it from Carrefour Midvalley
sbsoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone installed gear lock for Accent? What brand & how much? Thanks...
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batista wrote:
Anyone installed gear lock for Accent? What brand & how much? Thanks...

I have the "Boss" steering/gear lock since Year 2000 until now
Wink
sbsoo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks beh, do you know if there's gear lock to installed which just need to plug in the key to lock & unlock?
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batista wrote:
Thanks beh, do you know if there's gear lock to installed which just need to plug in the key to lock & unlock?

do u mean the one used normaly for P1 & p2 cars?
try to look at this Locktech ? Question

Information from :
http://www.locktech.com.my/product-guide.html

sbsoo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hv visited LockTech website before, but it does not suits for Accent at the moment. It's only for Atos, Sonata & Getz. Anyway, thanks for the info.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batista, I did not fit any gear lock to my Accent. At the moment, I'm using Yale Steering lock which is very heavy and hard. The other day, I forgot to pick it up from the floor and I ran over it and its still good. Did not bend. I do not advice to make new holes for the keys to the lock. Just buy steering lock and then buy a foot lock also lor. So you've now 4 locks!!! hahahaha

batista wrote:
I hv visited LockTech website before, but it does not suits for Accent at the moment. It's only for Atos, Sonata & Getz. Anyway, thanks for the info.

RoCkie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Batista, I did not fit any gear lock to my Accent. At the moment, I'm using Yale Steering lock which is very heavy and hard. The other day, I forgot to pick it up from the floor and I ran over it and its still good. Did not bend. I do not advice to make new holes for the keys to the lock. Just buy steering lock and then buy a foot lock also lor. So you've now 4 locks!!! hahahaha

batista wrote:

Marky,
Which one more convenient yet effective... foot-lock or steering lock? Currently i'm using only a foot-lock for my Wira... very used to it already... i will "automatically" put on the foot-lock every time i'm going out from the car... Embarassed
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it depends on individual. For me, I'm currently using Yale Steering Lock which I face it outwards towards the door. So getting in will be difficult and it will be obvious if to take out.
If you think foot lock is good, then you get it, or if you think steering lock is good then get that. If can't make up your mind, get all!!! Laughing
The steering/pedal/gear locks are actually secondary type on top of the car alarm,internal steering lock.
RoCkie wrote:
marky wrote:

batista wrote:

Marky,
Which one more convenient yet effective... foot-lock or steering lock? Currently i'm using only a foot-lock for my Wira... very used to it already... i will "automatically" put on the foot-lock every time i'm going out from the car... Embarassed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: