Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steering, Gear & Pedal Lock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Steering, Gear & Pedal Lock Reply with quote

What do u think about this Locktech ? Question

Information from :
http://www.locktech.com.my/product-guide.html

Effective Automobile Anti-Theft Innovation
LOCKTECH has been designed in accordance with the engineering principle by allowing it to lock the automobile movement control system which are the brake and clutch. As the result, the thief cannot move the automobile which has been proved that the automobile cannot be stolen within the short period of time. As a result, most cars thieves will move to the next targets which spend the least time to take away your vehicles.

Concealed installation, no welding or drilling the acr body, no bolt and nut are use and or car modification
LOCKTECH is designed to be installed and hidden at the panel area acceptably for each model of automobiles without messy or impeding the use of equipment in your automobile. It is hidden in the position very difficult for the burglar to break it. In addition, LOCKTECH is installed with the screw in the concealed position. When locked it is hidden by the cover up part that cannot be taken out.

LOCKTECH is easy to be installed with only 15 minutes without welding or drilling the car body, no bolt and nut are use, no modification or destruction to the car condition. The device can be installed permanently and concealedly under the panel without messy. When you wish to operate the LOCKTECH, only to pull the rod, the device will lock itself which no device with any mechanic system in the market can do like LOCKTECH.

LOCKTECH is designed in accordance with the engineering principle to be conformed with the pattern of each automobile model. It is made of stainless steel to prevent all kinds of equipment destruction.

With strength reliability in all part of LOCKTECH
LOCKTECH is made of stainless steel for the strength with the 1st stage lock. There is a Padlock Bar for additional security and for more confidence when you have to leave your car for a long period of time. To operate the lock, you only pull the lock rod upward position, the device will be locked immediately for the 1st stage lock. To release the lock you only use the key to unlock the device, the lock will be slid down by itself and the lock will be kept unseen from the theft's eyes. In addition, a recommended good Padlock with sized 50MM is suitable for EXTRA PLUS SECURITY.

Last edited by slbeh on Fri May 27, 2005 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Locktech Reply with quote

How much is this device will cost?and where i can get this?thanks Razz
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh,Kingkong,
I've seen it at my friends friend shop. Its very heavy. If I'm not wrong, it is around $1xx+ almost $200. Not sure KL price.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Does anyone? Reply with quote

is there anyone used the 'StopLock' brand steering lock?from what i know this brand come with 3 yrs warranty...is this true?is that warrranty very important?according one my friend told me this brand have many different kind of model..some of the model(especially those cheaper model) not so good..as u know..i quite pk now..this brand quite pricey..anyone can suggest any other brand which is come with cheaper price...bt with fair price..and ...i need something lower than RM100 Embarassed got ar? Question
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: is that your Accent? Reply with quote

Hi, Marky..me again..Steven..is that Accent at USJ area...since your location stated at Subang Jaya...i work two days at USJ every week...since i'm freelance, i work at different place...
marky wrote:
slbeh,Kingkong,
I've seen it at my friends friend shop. Its very heavy. If I'm not wrong, it is around $1xx+ almost $200. Not sure KL price.
Embarassed
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: is that your Accent? Reply with quote

Steven
Which part of USJ you're working? Whats your number plate and colour of your car again? If see you on the road, I can "toot toot" you....hahahaha
Need to change hon already.

ycsteven wrote:
Hi, Marky..me again..Steven..is that Accent at USJ area...since your location stated at Subang Jaya...i work two days at USJ every week...since i'm freelance, i work at different place...
marky wrote:
slbeh,Kingkong,
Embarassed

kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steven.. the website says RM388 introductory offer but I did not find Hyundai Accent as one of the cars that the product is available for. It only listed Hyundai Atos, Sonata and Getz as "in progress". If you want to know more about the product availability for Accent and its warranty you will have to contact them.
marky, i believe the RM100++ you mention is only a normal paddle lock and not the same as this product.
I dont have this locktech and never use it before but seen something similar so here is my 2 cents on the product anyway.
First, you may notice a strange looking loop at the top of the lock. That loop is to hang over something below your dashboard so that lock will always be hanging there. This is great for lazy people like me because after i unlock my steering or paddle lock I have to take it out and put it away. This locktech product however stays there and does not get into your way when driving (hmnn, maybe just driving with your legs wider apart haa haa haa). That top loop is unique to different car models so they will need to customise it. Once they have customise that top loop then we will be able to securely fix it below our dashboard without having to drill holes.
My conclusion is,
1) is the product value for money? most probably yes since RM388 also goes into their effort to customise the top loop for our car model.
2) do i really need it? nope.. I will stick to my RM100 steering lock and maybe spend another RM100++ for a fixed gear lock. (can't stand driving with my legs apart)

any users of this product out there who like to contribute they 2 cents?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingkong,
Its the same product I saw in my friends friend shop. Smile
But he mention its introductory price and was trying to push the new product. Honestly,its very heavy. I prefer to stick to my RM$188 stearing lock Wink.

One suggestion to those who wants to "SAVE" on car locks, take out your stearing wheel!!!! Laughing
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Kingkong,
Its the same product I saw in my friends friend shop. Smile
But he mention its introductory price and was trying to push the new product. Honestly,its very heavy. I prefer to stick to my RM$188 stearing lock Wink.

One suggestion to those who wants to "SAVE" on car locks, take out your stearing wheel!!!! Laughing

mark,
Wat's the brand of the steelig lock that you use..is it good enough? Question
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabho, as for the gearlock,
u can more info from the autoworld
Vehicles Lost/Security
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/summary.asp?summary=1&forum=ap590288109&page=1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fabho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
fabho, as for the gearlock,
u can more info from the autoworld
Vehicles Lost/Security
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/summary.asp?summary=1&forum=ap590288109&page=1

Thanks, the site is quite informative although I couldn't find the stuff that I want yet.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers in KJ also having their sale. But not many ppl went there. Check out the place on Sat, really nice building. The 2 old building, will be shifted to the new block just behind it. Same stuffs.
fabho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have anyone use this steering lock CH 860D from megacell before? If function as both steering lock and car alarm. The alarm has motion detector.
fabho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U can check this website http://www.megacell.com.my/products/default.htm
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard of it. Many accessories shop is selling it. Just get a simple lock will do.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: